Confirmed non-Sabres trade discussion

spndnchz

Just heard on TSN draft coverage...Campbell going to the Panthers after waiving the NTC.

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Campbell's agent Larry Kelly confirms his client has waived his NTC for trade to Florida

Excellent trade for Florida. With that contract it makes total sense for the Panthers.

They trade away Horton and a year later they pickup one of the worst contracts in hockey? This was the last move Florida should have made. The Chicago front office must be sitting there in stunned silence, shocked that they got out from under the Campbell contract. I think Stan Bowman just won GM of the year if that award exists.

They trade away Horton and a year later they pickup one of the worst contracts in hockey? This was the last move Florida should have made. The Chicago front office must be sitting there in stunned silence, shocked that they got out from under the Campbell contract. I think Stan Bowman just won GM of the year if that award exists.

Horton wanted out no matter what. Tallon dumped him because he was a cancer. Olesz is a sluff, as overpaid as Campbell is, he's worth $7 mil compared to Olesz $3 mil. Considering the Panthers need to spend an extra $22 million just to hit the cap MINIMUM............ (and that already includes Campbell's contract). They're in the perfect financial situation to make that deal. One-to-one, Olesz and Campbell aren't even in the same league.

Real_ESPNLeBrun Pierre LeBrun

Campbell's agent Larry Kelly confirms his client has waived his NTC for trade to Florida

I would love to know why Soupy would agree to leave a Cup contender to go to a bottom feeder. He must love high humidity and hurricane threats. Chicago has to be ecstatic to be getting rid of that contract. I was counting on that to mess with their cap and allow us to sign toews when his contract is up.

That Minnesota-San Jose trade was something: Setoguchi, Coyle, and a first for Brent Burns. Burns is good, but I think Minnesota did well here.

And it looks like Campbell is headed to Florida and not Columbus. I can't believe any team took on that salary, much less Florida.

I was going to mention that maybe these ridiculous long term contracts will stop but Philly goes ahead with a 9 year deal for Bryzgalov.

It wont stop, it's still a way to circumvent the cap. There's nothing significant that's changed as far as the rules are concerned

It wont stop, it's still a way to circumvent the cap. There's nothing significant that's changed as far as the rules are concerned

I know but it seems after 1 or 2 years in to these deals, teams are looking to get rid of them. Carter, Richards, and now Campbell. I know Tampa would love to dump Vinny. Rumor in Philly is they are going to make an offer for Stamkos.

I know but it seems after 1 or 2 years in to these deals, teams are looking to get rid of them. Carter, Richards, and now Campbell. I know Tampa would love to dump Vinny. Rumor in Philly is they are going to make an offer for Stamkos.

And sucker teams take them on. As long as THAT continues, the ridiculous long-term deals will continue.

Horton wanted out no matter what. Tallon dumped him because he was a cancer. Olesz is a sluff, as overpaid as Campbell is, he's worth $7 mil compared to Olesz $3 mil. Considering the Panthers need to spend an extra $22 million just to hit the cap MINIMUM............ (and that already includes Campbell's contract). They're in the perfect financial situation to make that deal. One-to-one, Olesz and Campbell aren't even in the same league.

There is no "perfect situation" to take on Brian Campbell at $7.15 mil for 5 years. Team Pegula should be on the phone with Florida at this moment selling them on Hecht, Stafford, Pominville and Boyes. If they want to eat bad contracts to get to the Cap floor the Sabres have enough of them to help them get there.

And front loaded deals like these are going to be what allows the smaller market clubs to spend under the cap and the bigger market clubs to exceed it.

I was going to mention that maybe these ridiculous long term contracts will stop but Philly goes ahead with a 9 year deal for Bryzgalov.

It's pretty close (though somewhat less front-loaded) to the deal that I proposed the Sabres offer Brad Richards (9yrs, $51M vs. 10yrs, $51M.) The rules allow it and, as Eleven said, other teams always seem willing to take them off your hands later on. As the cap goes up, that will be even more true, since the salaries drop well below the cap hit in later years (well, actually, Campbell's does not, which surprised me when I looked into this deal), making them more attractive to cash-strapped teams trying to clear the cap floor.

That Minnesota-San Jose trade was something: Setoguchi, Coyle, and a first for Brent Burns. Burns is good, but I think Minnesota did well here.

And it looks like Campbell is headed to Florida and not Columbus. I can't believe any team took on that salary, much less Florida.

The deal looks a lot like a favor. I expect the Blackhawks and Tallon to pull of a future deal that is as slanted Florida's way as this one is Chicago's.

There is no "perfect situation" to take on Brian Campbell at $7.15 mil for 5 years. Team Pegula should be on the phone with Florida at this moment selling them on Hecht, Stafford, Pominville and Boyes. If they want to eat bad contracts to get to the Cap floor the Sabres have enough of them to help them get there.

Man, you are like a kid holding his breath. No matter how many times you say it, Stafford's contract is a good deal and as the cap continues upward, Pominville's is getting closer to good value.

The deal looks a lot like a favor. I expect the Blackhawks and Tallon to pull of a future deal that is as slanted Florida's way as this one is Chicago's.

Its a deal that was made to help Florida out to reach the cap floor. They will need a couple contracts like this to help them reach the minimum

Archived