Confirmed non-Sabres trade discussion

spndnchz

Schenn/Simmonds is a really strong package. Philly was going to be hard pressed to find something better than that, especially with that contract Richards has.

Interesting....Simmonds is a real bonus in that package, esp. with the strong forecheck and Left Wing Lock that Laviollette plays.

Schenn for Richards doesn't make a ton of sense to me other than it is cap-friendly.

There must be a helluva back story on Richards.

Richards and Carter were supposedly the core of that team and would be there forever. Obvious change in Philly to a more defensive team.

A lot of people on twitter reference some locker room problems as the reason for their departure. This leads me to wonder whether the 24/7 series for this years Winter Classic (Philly vs NYR) had something to do with it -- from an organizational stand point, it would be terrible to have everyone watch your team self destruct in the locker room after games.

Then again, couldn't get much worse than Boudreau :lol:

can we get regerh confirmation.... come on come to buffalo where we will win a cup or stay there where you wont. Also hockey lies and garbage is rumoring that TC is going the other way as part of the deal...wtf? Really? TAKE HIM. I however do not believe a word of that.

So when is Morrisonn geting traded?

can we get regerh confirmation.... come on come to buffalo where we will win a cup or stay there where you wont. Also hockey lies and garbage is rumoring that TC is going the other way as part of the deal...wtf? Really? TAKE HIM. I however do not believe a word of that.

suck it b!tches :thumbsup:

(see regher thread)

I can't find it on there, do you have a link?

As soon as we find an AHL player worth trading him for.

I know Filly isn't done yet--but right now, they are not better. In fact, they look like the 2008 Sabres right now.

Oh come on, I mean it's not like there 2 best centers aren't on the team anymore and they are expecting a goalie to carry the team into the playoffs and even less likely that they trade a defenseman at the trade deadline....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. wait a sec.

Oh come on, I mean it's not like there 2 best centers aren't on the team anymore and they are expecting a goalie to carry the team into the playoffs and even less likely that they trade a defenseman at the trade deadline....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. wait a sec.

The difference between the oh eight sabres and the flyers?

Philly has Briere

And the 08 Sabres had Vanek. Seriously, comparing the present Filly roster with the 08 Sabres is not far off.

Yea, but, atleast they are getting value for the departing players.

I mean, it's not like they just let them walk into Free Agency after a couple of seasons gunning for the Cup up to the ECF :rolleyes:

I mean, it's not like they just let them walk into Free Agency after a couple of seasons gunning for the Cup up to the ECF :rolleyes:

This man speaks the truth.

This man speaks the truth.

They were both signed from here until eternity, not like they were UFA's after the season. They both still have good knees too.

Richards talks:

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/06/23/mike-richards-talks-about-trade-to-kings/

Question: If someone would have told you, when you signed that big extension, that this would happen one day, what would have been your reaction?

RICHARDS: “I probably wouldn’t have signed the deal, actually, if I knew I was going to be traded. But I was fortunate enough to go to L.A., where I’ve heard nothing but tremendous things, not only about the organization but about the city and how nice it is out there and how great the organization treats you. Obviously when I signed that extension I wanted to stay in Philadelphia for the rest of my career. That’s what I envisioned, probably up until 2 o’clock or 3 o’clock this afternoon, when I got the call. it’s unfortunate. Nobody likes to be traded, but I feel like I’m going to a team where there’s a good chance that we’re going to have success there, and we have good players in position and a good organization. Hopefully we can take that next step together, and I just want to be there and help out any way possible.”

I'm excited about the Sabres going after Regehr. It's a clear need for the Sabres, especially after the Philly series.

However, were the Sabres sleeping on the Flyers? You could see this coming miles away. And for what Philly got for Carter, the Sabres easily could have made the same trade with Gerbe, their 1st, and their 3rd. Granted, that would give the Sabres their first pick in the draft not until the 4th round. The Sabres could have given up even less to get Richards. My thought on Richards is that he did not get along with Laviolette and that was one of the major reasons for the trade in addition to salary dump.

Having said all that, is it just me or does it seem like the Flyers just tipped their hand about their UFA strategy? They have about $7.5 million left against the Cap. I get the sense they are going to keep Leino and some of the RFAs, but not all, and try to take a run at Ehrhoff or Bieksa. They still may not be done and clear out more cap space and go after Richards. Wouldn't that be something? Interesting.

I'm excited about the Sabres going after Regehr. It's a clear need for the Sabres, especially after the Philly series.

However, were the Sabres sleeping on the Flyers? You could see this coming miles away. And for what Philly got for Carter, the Sabres easily could have made the same trade with Gerbe, their 1st, and their 3rd. Granted, that would give the Sabres their first pick in the draft not until the 4th round. The Sabres could have given up even less to get Richards. My thought on Richards is that he did not get along with Laviolette and that was one of the major reasons for the trade in addition to salary dump.

Having said all that, is it just me or does it seem like the Flyers just tipped their hand about their UFA strategy? They have about $7.5 million left against the Cap. I get the sense they are going to keep Leino and some of the RFAs, but not all, and try to take a run at Ehrhoff or Bieksa. They still may not be done and clear out more cap space and go after Richards. Wouldn't that be something? Interesting.

Too many damn Richards in this thread! I assume you refer to Brad Richards? TSN has a small blurb specifying Brad Richards refused to waive NTC today. It is unclear which, if any, teams were trying to obtain him or if the Stars were trying to shop him...

Too many damn Richards in this thread! I assume you refer to Brad Richards? TSN has a small blurb specifying Brad Richards refused to waive NTC today. It is unclear which, if any, teams were trying to obtain him or if the Stars were trying to shop him...

Sorry, yes, I meant Brad Richards. That was confusing. They trade Richards only to sign him back. It's not outside the realm of possibility if they moved Hartnell. If they move Hartnell, they could make a push for Brad Richards.

I think the Stars desperately want to get something out of Richards so they want to trade him, but it seems pretty clear that he is very intent on going to July 1 and wants to listen to any and all offers and not just try to sign with a team before July 1.

Archived