Confirmed non-Sabres trade discussion

spndnchz

Heh. That would give Kaleta 6 games a year to get Connolly taken off ice while counting tweety birds.

Connolly will be awesome this year if he plays for anyone other than the Sabres. You just know that's how this is going to turn out.

Connolly will be awesome this year if he plays for anyone other than the Sabres. You just know that's how this is going to turn out.

You're probably right. Usually that would piss me off, however with TC I would recall the past 5 years and have a Taster's Choice moment.

That's on Tim, not our evaluation of him. If he plays lights out then shame on him for what he offered us here.

Toronto gets Cody Franson and Matthew Lombardi from Nashville for Brett Lebda and Robert Slaney.

Hmm ... Connolly and Lombardi. Some talent, but one is glass and the other one just missed 80 games with a concussion. :o

Franson has looked pretty good, though.

Lombardi is a solid addition if he's healthy. That's a good move for Toronto.

That's on Tim, not our evaluation of him. If he plays lights out then shame on him for what he offered us here.

Pretty much. I do really think he'll benefit from a change of scenery. For all the talk of re-signing him, I could never imagine why Connolly would want to stay in Buffalo. He's been here 10 years and the fans can't stand him. The guy could suffer a major injury and half the fans in HSBC Arena would just roll their eyes. If I was him, I would've gone farther away than Toronto.

[And there's always that cosmic feeling that of course Connolly's big Roman Candle season post-2006 would happen once he leaves Buffalo.]

Apparently, Bob McKenzie is reporting on vacation via twitter that the Sharks have traded Heatley to Minnesota for Martin Havlat. That seems odd and I know Heatley has a no trade clause he'd have to waive. So, I'm not sure it's true, but Bob McKenzie is a legend, so he must have an incredibly accurate source.

This leads me to believe that the trades to San Jose that everyone's looking for for guys like Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, etc. aren't going to happen. Instead, the Sharks have a bigger trade in the works to recover the cap space they gain from trading Heatley and bringing in Havlat.

Edit: Man, capgeek is incredibly fast. They've already updated it to reflect this trade. The Sharks get an extra $2.5 million in cap space as a result of this deal. I don't think it's about rebuilding as it is about getting rid of a Heatley. Just my opinion.

Apparently, Bob McKenzie is reporting on vacation via twitter that the Sharks have traded Heatley to Minnesota for Martin Havlat. That seems odd and I know Heatley has a no trade clause he'd have to waive. So, I'm not sure it's true, but Bob McKenzie is a legend, so he must have an incredibly accurate source.

This leads me to believe that the trades to San Jose that everyone's looking for for guys like Marleau, Pavelski, Couture, Clowe, etc. aren't going to happen. Instead, the Sharks have a bigger trade in the works to recover the cap space they gain from trading Heatley and bringing in Havlat.

Edit: Man, capgeek is incredibly fast. They've already updated it to reflect this trade. The Sharks get an extra $2.5 million in cap space as a result of this deal. I don't think it's about rebuilding as it is about getting rid of a Heatley. Just my opinion.

Heatley had a modified NTC, gave a list of 10 teams he couldn't be traded 1. Obviously Minn wasn't on that list.

7.5 million cap hit for Minn thru 2014. Minn hates him already.

This is a good deal for the Wild. For $2.5 mil more (total value of contracts) they have potentially added a more prolific goal scorer. That is if Heatley can return to form. He may not be the 50 goal scorer he once was But I think the Wild would be happy with 30-35 goals.

Heatley had a modified NTC, gave a list of 10 teams he couldn't be traded 1. Obviously Minn wasn't on that list.

7.5 million cap hit for Minn thru 2014. Minn hates him already.

Heatley forgot that Minn existed?

Heatley forgot that Minn existed?

Either that, or I'd expect his 10 team list to look something like:

1. Atlanta

2. Atlanta

3. Atlanta

4. Atlanta

5. Atlanta

6. Carolina (too close to Atlanta)

7. Florida (see Carolina)

8. TB (see Florida)

9. Nashville (see TB)

10. Any other team w/ the possible exception of the Caps that may play more than 2 games in Atlanta.

Either that, or I'd expect his 10 team list to look something like:

1. Atlanta

2. Atlanta

3. Atlanta

4. Atlanta

5. Atlanta

6. Carolina (too close to Atlanta)

7. Florida (see Carolina)

8. TB (see Florida)

9. Nashville (see TB)

10. Any other team w/ the possible exception of the Caps that may play more than 2 games in Atlanta.

Forgot Buffalo. God only knows he'd get booed for more than one reason.

And Ottawa.

Forgot Buffalo. God only knows he'd get booed for more than one reason.

And Ottawa.

How do you suppose Ottawa was going to trade him to themselves? (Ottawa was the team that gave him the megaextension and the partial no-trade clause.)

How do you suppose Ottawa was going to trade him to themselves? (Ottawa was the team that gave him the megaextension and the partial no-trade clause.)

Does the clause allow him to provide a new list each year? I was under the impression he updated his list after the season.

Does the clause allow him to provide a new list each year? I was under the impression he updated his list after the season.

Did you look at the original ###### list? It's a ###### joke people. (Apparently not very funny. Oh, well.)

And to address your question in a more serious manner, Edmonton was on the list. I'm certain Atlanta was on there. No data on who else was on the list. Considering he requested a trade out of Ottawa; it IS a safe bet that the Otters were on his list as well.

Did you look at the original ###### list? It's a ###### joke people. (Apparently not very funny. Oh, well.)

And to address your question in a more serious manner, Edmonton was on the list. I'm certain Atlanta was on there. No data on who else was on the list. Considering he requested a trade out of Ottawa; it IS a safe bet that the Otters were on his list as well.

I read on TSN that Heatley had a No Movement Clause during the season he got traded to San Jose when he was in Ottawa and hence he flat out refused the trade to Edmonton. What could have happened in his contract is it might change from season-to-season and this year it's a Modified NTC and Minnesota was not on his 10 team list. So, question to you, Taro, is that even possible and within the rules of the CBA to structure a contract like that where the NMC and NTC can vary season by season? Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what his contract would look like, but I'll look to you to see what I said before is accurate or legal under the CBA as you are our resident CBA expert. Thanks.

I read on TSN that Heatley had a No Movement Clause during the season he got traded to San Jose when he was in Ottawa and hence he flat out refused the trade to Edmonton. What could have happened in his contract is it might change from season-to-season and this year it's a Modified NTC and Minnesota was not on his 10 team list. So, question to you, Taro, is that even possible and within the rules of the CBA to structure a contract like that where the NMC and NTC can vary season by season? Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what his contract would look like, but I'll look to you to see what I said before is accurate or legal under the CBA as you are our resident CBA expert. Thanks.

Is it possible/ within the rules? Let's put it this way: I don't recall seeing anything that says it's not allowable under the CBA and I'm not about to go re-looking it up today; so, I will give you a qualified, yes, it's legal. (Until I see something that says it isn't legal, I will assume that it is.)

The contract would like like a standard one but w/ a rider added stating that Player X could submit a list to the team at Y Time(s) regarding team(s) that he could not be traded to.

Archived