Confirmed non-Sabres trade discussion

spndnchz

They need to weigh if it's worth it. Is waiting for Fraser to heal going to reap more reward than bringing Smyth back? if not...Null and Void Monroe.

It's not really about that though. The article states that LA wants to buy out his contract. If he's injured, they can't.

good point. Would/Could Edm have to offer something else in return or what?

They'll get it done. Fraser was already a substitute deal. It was originally going to be Brule but he had injury issues as well. That definitely does explain why Edmonton kept putting up a fuss any time the TSN guys asked about the deal during the draft.

So much for prying Stastny with Enroth plus D

Who's to say we ever wanted to make Enroth the centerpiece of that deal?

I really like having Enroth there and I think we'll be a ton better if Ruff gives him 20-25 starts this year.

I really like having Enroth there and I think we'll be a ton better if Ruff gives him 20-25 starts this year.

It's not what WE wanted. It's what I wanted.

Nothing against Enroth but C is more important to me than backup G, and I'd rather have Stastny than Richards on the books til he's 40.

I know Darcy has always liked to save signing the backup until the end of UFA - but if there was any plans to not have Enroth as the backup then I think this year they would already started trying to sign someone. (of course maybe they did try - how would we know. :) )

Nothing against Enroth but C is more important to me than backup G, and I'd rather have Stastny than Richards on the books til he's 40.

Er, yeah, a no.1 C is more important than a no.2 G to me as well. I'm saying Enroth isn't necessarily the first guy I'd want to trade for a no.1 C.

Without a good backup, we're right back to starting Miller every single night, which doesn't work.

Me too. Posted it in a couple of threads.

Are the Flyers trying to completely change their team from last year.

NHLSourcesSay Charlie B

#Panthers acquire Kris Versteeg from the #Flyers for a 2012 or 2013 second round pick and San Jose's 2012 third round pick.

Are the Flyers trying to completely change their team from last year.

NHLSourcesSay Charlie B

#Panthers acquire Kris Versteeg from the #Flyers for a 2012 or 2013 second round pick and San Jose's 2012 third round pick.

That' a good move for the Panthers.

You and me, we think alike on this issue, too bad Enroth as part of a package for Stastny is likely no longer in play

Er, yeah, a no.1 C is more important than a no.2 G to me as well. I'm saying Enroth isn't necessarily the first guy I'd want to trade for a no.1 C.

Without a good backup, we're right back to starting Miller every single night, which doesn't work.

There are good FA backups available via FA. Just sayin'... not that it matters anymore. :blush:

You and me, we think alike on this issue, too bad Enroth as part of a package for Stastny is likely no longer in play

There are good FA backups available via FA. Just sayin'... not that it matters anymore. :blush:

Because Regier has a tremendous track record when it comes to finding good goalies to backup Ryan Miller? :unsure:

Archived