Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

#24 has been worn by Taylor Pyatt, Paul Kruse, Dane Jackson, Philippe Boucher, Randy Moller, Jay Wells, Mike Donnelly, Steve Smith, Ed Hospodar, Bill Hajt, Gary Bromley, Peter McNab, Randy Wyrozub, John Gould, Ron Busniuk, Chris Evans, Ray McKay, Jean-Guy Talbot, Butch Deadmarsh.

anyone seeing hoppe tweet that pegula broke down when talking about regehr's decision to come to buffalo?

https://twitter.com/#!/BillHoppeSabres/status/86459262162837504

i'm thinking #11 is feeling like the tears at that presser were a little cheap to come by. :rolleyes:

EDIT: where's regehr? where's regehr? *sniff*

#24 has been worn by Taylor Pyatt, Paul Kruse, Dane Jackson, Philippe Boucher, Randy Moller, Jay Wells, Mike Donnelly, Steve Smith, Ed Hospodar, Bill Hajt, Gary Bromley, Peter McNab, Randy Wyrozub, John Gould, Ron Busniuk, Chris Evans, Ray McKay, Jean-Guy Talbot, Butch Deadmarsh.

yikes...

It's always Hajt when I picture a blue-and-gold 24 in my head. Another solid shut-down defenseman.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

So, I guess Gaustad "ain't goin' nowhere!"

Ha. I never win anything. Maybe I should hit up the NHL FA jersey number prop bets they're running at the Fallsview.

• 3 months later...

Byron did not make the Calgary team. He is back in the AHL. I remember the Calgary GM talking him up after the trade. Maybe he will still make it to the big league...we will see.

Feaster needed something to show that it wasn't just a multimillion salary dump.

The coup was Darcy getting the 2nd rounder to pocket for trade deadline.

Thatr just might be the 33rd pick.

Feaster needed something to show that it wasn't just a multimillion salary dump.

The coup was Darcy getting the 2nd rounder to pocket for trade deadline.

Thatr just might be the 33rd pick.

Yup - that was Darcy's best work since acquiring Briere and Drury.

Feaster was unloading salary and trying to save face

Yup - that was Darcy's best work since acquiring Briere and Drury.

Feaster was unloading salary and trying to save face

It's really early to be saying it was Darcy's best work, but there's another big reason why I don't want to call it that: Kotalik. Darcy suddenly had the great weapon in his arsenal, being able to absorb an albatross contract. He couldn't do that in the past when he pulled off deals like Briere or the Dumont/Gilmour package.

It's really early to be saying it was Darcy's best work, but there's another big reason why I don't want to call it that: Kotalik. Darcy suddenly had the great weapon in his arsenal, being able to absorb an albatross contract. He couldn't do that in the past when he pulled off deals like Briere or the Dumont/Gilmour package.

I may be jumping the gun with that comparison, but I love Regehr's game, and he's still young enough to play it for several more years. And he got Regehr AND A SECOND in exchange for a spare part d-man, a never-will-be-undersized-by-the-sabres-standards waif. Sure, he had to take back Ales. He's using all the tools at his disposal to improve the team - I'm not going to discount his accomplishments because he's got better tools now than he used to.

Also, you will notice that I said its best work SINCE Briere and Drury. So really, I'm not giving him all THAT much credit, and I would say that the Drury and Briere deals were more impressive because of the limited tools he had to work with back then.

Archived