Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Can we please stay on topic?

Regehr -- here

Discussions on off season ideas and crap --JULY 1st thread

Confirmed trades - pinned trades thread

most everything else not thread worthy - around the league

**this is an automated response***

What about snide comments, semi nude photos that might be of me, and sexual innuendos?

Facebox, huh? Sounds interesting...

Wow, dumb typo.

Hamilton says that Regehr is okay with coming here (don't know where he heard this) but what's holding it up is getting the most for Calgary in the deal. Kinda an opposite Hasek?

Is Hamilton just making up stuff at this point. That makes no sense at all.

One other thing regarding Regehr - his wife is pregnant and from what a previous poster wrote, doesn't want to come here. I don't know how far along she is, but I know when my wife was pregnant there was no reasoning with her. This further complicates his decision.

My wife is not pregnant and I've never been able to reason with her. :bag: :doh:

Ba dumb bum.... I'll be here all week folks, try the veal!

One other thing regarding Regehr - his wife is pregnant and from what a previous poster wrote, doesn't want to come here. I don't know how far along she is, but I know when my wife was pregnant there was no reasoning with her. This further complicates his decision.

Pregnant women want to nest, not pick up stakes and move across the continent. That's not good.

Rhett Warrener on GR: Regehr is thinking about it seriously and is interested. They have talked a couple of times. He actually texted Regehr from the alumni celebration (I think he means last game of the year) and told him it would be a good fit; said the same thing yesterday. Also said the city is a great place to live, play hockey, and raise kids. Thinks that the holdup is not moving on from Calgary but rather whether other teams are interested. Has no idea how long it could take.

Ok. Gotta go to happy hour.

Rhett Warrener on GR: Regehr is thinking about it seriously and is interested. They have talked a couple of times. He actually texted Regehr from the alumni celebration (I think he means last game of the year) and told him it would be a good fit; said the same thing yesterday. Also said the city is a great place to live, play hockey, and raise kids. Thinks that the holdup is not moving on from Calgary but rather whether other teams are interested. Has no idea how long it could take.

Thx...have a good one.

:clapping:

If no one else really wants him he'll come to Buffalo? Is that how "Hockey Heaven" works?

He also mentioned how much Steve Montador loves living and playing in Buffalo and how he wants to remain a Sabre. So if this deal falls apart and Regehr ends up staying put or going to San Jose, do the Sabres resign Montador? If they can't find another veteran D-Man they almost have to.

Schoop just made a good point on GR. With Regehr still in limbo, what if they come across another Dman who is avaiable at the draft that they would also like? Or, should they use tonight to search for one? Can't really do that with him in limbo.

My suggestion is to go for a top center or top pick tonight and then search for a comparable Dman once that is done. You have to cover your bases and not let Regehr's hesitation skew your plans to wheel and deal.

Schoop just made a good point on GR. With Regehr still in limbo, what if they come across another Dman who is avaiable at the draft that they would also like? Or, should they use tonight to search for one? Can't really do that with him in limbo.

My suggestion is to go for a top center or top pick tonight and then search for a comparable Dman once that is done. You have to cover your bases and not let Regehr's hesitation skew your plans to wheel and deal.

Yeah, just assume he'll say no and try to make other trades to improve the team. Regehr is good but he's not good enough that we should put everything else on hold while we wait for him to call every single person in Cheektowaga to see what living in Western New York is like.

Archived