Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

I swear, listening to the callers on WGR would make me never want to come to Buffalo. The callers on WGR are for the most part completely ignorant idiots.

This is the best post you've made yet.

I hate sports talk radio. It's mind numbing.

What is so hard to understand. The guy has lived in Calgary for a long time, has a wife and a child! Why is the man going to agree to a trade across North America within a few hours before researching things and talking it over with his family????? If any of the regular fans who call WGR ever had to make a decision like that, I bet they would take quite a bit longer than Robyn will.

It's pretty much the same as a sports forum , only you can actually hear the ignorance in their thoughts.

But this forum doesn't have moderators who are also idiots leading idiots in discussion. Yeah we have some morons and this forum has its moments of silliness, but for the most part people tend to think before they post and discussions are intelligent. Radio sports talk is filth.

Another insane caller who has probably never watched a Calgary Flames game....saying it's the biggest ripoff ever to trade Luke Adam for him.

I feel bad for all these people who spend time saying Buffalo never gets good players and never makes trades or can't get good players, trade the farm. Then you have them calling up when something like this happens crying that we shouldn't part with young "amazing" future all star prospects for a veteran physical player who would greatly improve the D.

And since WHEN does being 31 mean you are washed up.

As time passes, I'm less excited about getting him, he's not going about the best way of endearing himself to new fans. It starting to seem like his thinking is, well if nobody else wants me I'll go to Buffalo. I'm not going to be happy if we get rid of a top starter, ex. ROY, ENNIS, WEBER, etc. :(

What is so hard to understand. The guy has lived in Calgary for a long time, has a wife and a child! Why is the man going to agree to a trade across North America within a few hours before researching things and talking it over with his family????? If any of the regular fans who call WGR ever had to make a decision like that, I bet they would take quite a bit longer than Robyn will.

For 4 million bucks a year? Probably not.

I swear, listening to the callers on WGR would make me never want to come to Buffalo. The callers on WGR are for the most part; completely ignorant idiots.

But those aren't real Buffalo callers - those are out of towners trying to give Buffalo callers a bad name.

As time passes, I'm less excited about getting him, he's not going about the best way of endearing himself to new fans. It starting to seem like his thinking is, well if nobody else wants me I'll go to Buffalo. I'm not going to be happy if we get rid of a top starter, ex. ROY, ENNIS, etc. :(

good. He shouldn't give a flying leap what any fan thinks of him. He has to make a decision for his FAMILY. Is that a concept that people don't understand? Do you have a family? If you do or if you did, and you were offered a good job by a company who wanted you on the other side of North America, would you take a few hours and then just uproot your family and leave your friends and everything you know? Do you see now what I am talking about. Some folks need to start thinking rationally and cease with their emotional panic. No roster player from Buffalo is going to Calgary.

As time passes, I'm less excited about getting him, he's not going about the best way of endearing himself to new fans. It starting to seem like his thinking is, well if nobody else wants me I'll go to Buffalo. I'm not going to be happy if we get rid of a top starter, ex. ROY, ENNIS, WEBER, etc. :(

C'mon now. Its not like this guy is a Pronger or something. If we get him, great, if not, too bad and on to the next one. BTW, isn't Ehroff available? I wouldn't be upset at all, heck, I'd be even happier if we took our offer to Calgary off the table and used that ammo to grab a top-notch center, and then draft that mammoth out of St.Johns, Beaulieu, and pair him up with Myers.

good. He shouldn't give a flying leap what any fan thinks of him. He has to make a decision for his FAMILY. Is that a concept that people don't understand? Do you have a family? If you do or if you did, and you were offered a good job by a company who wanted you on the other side of North America, would you take a few hours and then just uproot your family and leave your friends and everything you know? Do you see now what I am talking about. Some folks need to start thinking rationally and cease with their emotional panic. No roster player from Buffalo is going to Calgary.

He's going to uproat his family, it's just a matter of where. He can't stay in Calgary. It would be like Heatley staying in Ottawa. (or close to it)

good. He shouldn't give a flying leap what any fan thinks of him. He has to make a decision for his FAMILY. Is that a concept that people don't understand? Do you have a family? If you do or if you did, and you were offered a good job by a company who wanted you on the other side of North America, would you take a few hours and then just uproot your family and leave your friends and everything you know? Do you see now what I am talking about. Some folks need to start thinking rationally and cease with their emotional panic.

you're blowing the family thing out of proportion. players get traded and move all the time, it's part of their sport. it's part of the sacrifice they make to play a game for a living. and let's not pretend these guys don't have the money to fly back and forth any time they need to. lots of hockey players and other athletes don't even move their families to a new city when they're traded. the fact of the matter is Regehr is going SOMEWHERE, whether it's Buffalo or otherwise. My guess is that he just wants to see all of his options.

He's going to uproat his family, it's just a matter of where. He can't stay in Calgary. It would be like Heatley staying in Ottawa. (or close to it)

There is only one actual offer on the table and so he has the right to take some time and see whether or not he wants to move there or request that Calgary try to find a good deal for a different destination.

you're blowing the family thing out of proportion. players get traded and move all the time, it's part of their sport. it's part of the sacrifice they make to play a game for a living. and let's not pretend these guys don't have the money to fly back and forth any time they need to. lots of hockey players and other athletes don't even move their families to a new city when they're traded. the fact of the matter is Regehr is going SOMEWHERE, whether it's Buffalo or otherwise. My guess is that he just wants to see all of his options.

The player has spent a long time in one city and had a NMC....he wasn't expecting to be moved.

There is only one actual offer on the table and so he has the right to take some time and see whether or not he wants to move there or request that Calgary try to find a good deal for a different destination.

We don't know how many offers are on the table. With five other teams interested, I'm sure Calgary is doing their best to negotiate with each of them. So far they are not offering as much as we are, but I have no reason to believe those offers are not sincere. Calgary could say yes to any of them and if Regehr agrees, that's that.

We don't know how many offers are on the table. With five other teams interested, I'm sure Calgary is doing their best to negotiate with each of them. So far they are not offering as much as we are, but I have no reason to believe those offers are not sincere. Calgary could say yes to any of them and if Regehr agrees, that's that.

actually we know there is only one.

But this forum doesn't have moderators who are also idiots leading idiots in discussion. Yeah we have some morons and this forum has its moments of silliness, but for the most part people tend to think before they post and discussions are intelligent. Radio sports talk is filth.

Awww.

Did Shoop actually ask if a 31 year old d-man and an 18 year old d-man are pretty much the same?

Archived