Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

The Calgary GM just confirmed on the draft coverage what we heard as the latest - they asked him to waive his NMC to allow trade with Buffalo. He has declined to see what other offers there might be. Calgary doesn't have any other offer - they wanted to make trade with Buffalo.

How about we all stop "moving on" and just wait and see what actually transpires.

...but but he hates hockey heaven so we hate him. He's a big meany for no making a life altering decision in 2 hours.

The only thing wrong with the situation is that it's public. Normally we never see this side of it.

...but but he hates hockey heaven so we hate him. He's a big meany for no making a life altering decision in 2 hours.

The only thing wrong with the situation is that it's public. Normally we never see this side of it.

I agree, this should have never been made public. I wonder which side leaked it. It sounded to me like Calgary's GM really wants to make the deal happen.

Do we really want to give up the farm for a guy that really isn't all that sure about this Buffalo deal.Personally I want the sabres to get someone that is stoked about going to the sabres and can't wait to get there and meet the guys he'll be going to war with. Just my opinion but this just doesn't smell right and it sends a message to other players that just maybe there's something wrong with going to Buffalo and one should explore all options before agreeing to go.

I agree, this should have never been made public. I wonder which side leaked it. It sounded to me like Calgary's GM really wants to make the deal happen.

I believe its obvious the calgary player leaked it to see if there was interest from other partys.

Do we really want to give up the farm for a guy that really isn't all that sure about this Buffalo deal.Personally I want the sabres to get someone that is stoked about going to the sabres and can't wait to get there and meet the guys he'll be going to war with. Just my opinion but this just doesn't smell right and it sends a message to other players that just maybe there's something wrong with going to Buffalo and one should explore all options before agreeing to go.

The rumored deal (Byron and Butler) is hardly "giving up the farm." Just because he didn't jump in glee at the thought of playing in Buffalo doesn't mean he won't like it here, and it certainly doesn't mean he would play with any less enthusiasm.

How about we all stop "moving on" and just wait and see what actually transpires.

No, how about we stop acting like a bunch of wall flowers hard up for someone to like us, hanging on to the 'he said, she said?' If he chooses at some point to accept the trade, fine. Until then, I heard what he had to say, I can read between the lines and I accept that he does not want to come here. I don't blame or fault him for that, however I'm done with him. I root for the jersey. And he aint in that jersey.

I'm moving on.

i wouldnt consider byron and butler the farm.

This is good. I dont even consider them Sabres lol If he chooses not to come here it is more than fine considering his position. (wife) Coming here or not the way the Sabres have opened says that they are willing to play now and people will notice that far more than if RR doesn't come here. I'm sure there's a plan B. How stupid.

All you guys giving Regehr sh*t for wanting to think about it need to put yourselves in his shoes for a minute. Grow up.

Tough shoes to be in for sure. I know, that i would not want to play with Myers for a mere 4.3 :unsure:

The rumored deal (Byron and Butler) is hardly "giving up the farm." Just because he didn't jump in glee at the thought of playing in Buffalo doesn't mean he won't like it here, and it certainly doesn't mean he would play with any less enthusiasm.

Pardon me for using an expression that you don't agree with. Its just a figure of speech. As to the rest of my post I did say imo. ;)

:blink: Since when is "giving up the farm" a figure speech used in relation to two low-level prospects??

You need to lighten up a bit there big guy. Its bad enough having admin admonish us for poor grammar. I certainly don't need you to berate me for my choice of words. Maybe it was a poor choice of words. Who cares. Get over it. Besides,are you certain it was only the 2 low level prospects you listed? I'm not so sure.

You need to lighten up a bit there big guy. Its bad enough having admin admonish us for poor grammar. I certainly don't need you to berate me for my choice of words. Maybe it was a poor choice of words. Who cares. Get over it. Besides,are you certain it was only the 2 low level prospects you listed? I'm not so sure.

You're the one that got your panties in a bunch over me voicing my opinion. I'm over it. :thumbsup:

Archived