McNabb signed

inkman

I saw the signing. He seems like a big kid with good production in what is supposedly the most defensive of the CHL Leagues in the WHL. It will probably be about 2 seasons before he makes the Buffalo, but with his size and mean streak, he'd be a nice defensive defense partner with Tyler Myers.

I have to believe the Sabres are going to trade one of their young defenseman for offensive help. They just have way too many guys that you have to believe one of Sekera, Butler, Weber, or Gragnani gets traded soon. My money is on Sekera or Butler getting traded at the draft packaged with a pick to get some forward/center help. It just seems like common sense, but we'll see.

I have to believe the Sabres are going to trade one of their young defenseman for offensive help. They just have way too many guys that you have to believe one of Sekera, Butler, Weber, or Gragnani gets traded soon. My money is on Sekera or Butler getting traded at the draft packaged with a pick to get some forward/center help. It just seems like common sense, but we'll see.

It makes sense. That is why I am skeptical it actually happens. :blink:

I saw the signing. He seems like a big kid with good production in what is supposedly the most defensive of the CHL Leagues in the WHL. It will probably be about 2 seasons before he makes the Buffalo, but with his size and mean streak, he'd be a nice defensive defense partner with Tyler Myers.

He also had 72 points in 59 games this year (and another 27 points in 19 playoff games). He has a lot of offensive potential as well.

@Inkman: I can't imagine the Sabres would move him straight to the NHL. Myers was really a special case who could make up for mistakes and inexperience with his size. Sabres are probably already making Gragnani a full-time NHLer to start the season and Drew Shiestel is the next in line after him. They can take their time with McNabb.

McNabb isnt a lot smaller and if he's better than anybody above him he'll be there.

Maybe McNabb should take butlers spot. He seems to a have a more physical and offensive upside. I still think the sabres need to drop morrisonn and Skere/Butler going forward but obviouosly we need some veteran talent. The good news is that within the next 2 years we are going to have a very great defense with Myers, Weber (who hopefully continues to improve) and Grags as strong players. Mcnabb I think would fit in very well with any of those guys. I am so excited about our defense that I almost forget that we have no centers lol. Its a good signing especially since McNabb seems to keep improving.

McNabb also played with Myers so there is some history with the two. http://www.sabresprospects.com/ has McNabb ranked just behind Pisyk and above shiestel so its an interesting time to be on the sabres defense

He also had 72 points in 59 games this year (and another 27 points in 19 playoff games). He has a lot of offensive potential as well.

@Inkman: I can't imagine the Sabres would move him straight to the NHL. Myers was really a special case who could make up for mistakes and inexperience with his size. Sabres are probably already making Gragnani a full-time NHLer to start the season and Drew Shiestel is the next in line after him. They can take their time with McNabb.

Log jam at the AHL level too.

TJ Brennan

Drew Schiestel

Dennis Persson

Alex Biega

Nick Crawford

Brayden McNabb

Corey Fiehnage

Persson is a RFA, so i guess i could see him pull a Gogulla and go to Europe. Also, not listed is Shaone Morrisonn, who some believe will be send down to AHL to save on cap space. And this is assuming Marc-Andre Gragnani makes it in Buffalo full-time.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/121881/4/Sabres-Sign-Draft-Pick-McNabb

I was pretty optimistic after seeing him at rookie camp but he's developed into a surprisingly good player.

Any chance on making the team next year? I doubt it with the log jam of young D in the organ-eye-zation.

Good news they locked him up.

Given how green the D looked in the playoff's w/o a Tyler Meyer's type camp and first 10 games highly doubt it.

The guy sounds like a stud in the making. Hopefully he's proves his worth is and gets his chance but if he's not ready it great that we've got him under contract for the next 3 seasons. We definitely seem to have a log jam at defense and right wing. Hopefully we can unload Butler or Sekera, along with one of our right wingers and a draft pick if possible for a solid center, whether he's a second liner guy or shutdown typed defensively minded one.

It makes sense. That is why I am skeptical it actually happens. :blink:

Perhaps they could do something similar to what St. Louis did last year when they traded some of their defensive depth (Rundblad) to Ottawa to take a 1st round forward. So like Pysyk for a mid or late 1st who they could then draft a forward with.

Perhaps they could do something similar to what St. Louis did last year when they traded some of their defensive depth (Rundblad) to Ottawa to take a 1st round forward. So like Pysyk for a mid or late 1st who they could then draft a forward with.

Should we read into Darcy's comment about the signing - no where does it mention having him in the organization. Perhaps he is getting ready to shop him for that needed center?:

"Brayden is a big kid with great offensive abilities, and he's continued to improve every year in Kootenay," Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier said. "His outstanding performance in the WHL playoffs was just another positive sign in his development, and we are thrilled to now have him under contract for the next three years."

Should we read into Darcy's comment about the signing - no where does it mention having him in the organization. Perhaps he is getting ready to shop him for that needed center?:

"Brayden is a big kid with great offensive abilities, and he's continued to improve every year in Kootenay," Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier said. "His outstanding performance in the WHL playoffs was just another positive sign in his development, and we are thrilled to now have him under contract for the next three years."

I can't imagine he has this in mind.

Darcy would rather move players than prospects.

Do you mean Pysyk? He still has a year left before he needs to be signed. With the log jam we have on the blue line now, they're not going to rush to sign him. Let him develop one more year, play on the Canadian world junior team, and then lock him up.

Archived