[OT] Buffalo. For Real.

spndnchz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNYue0Os55A

Great job on this. At almost no cost to the City.

Some still care.

I thought that was pretty nice. As cheesy as the slogan is, at least people are showing care for the city.

I may not live in Buffalo anymore, but I always find my way back there when I have time. You really can never leave.

I can't see the people that the slogan is aimed at buying what that video is trying to sell. It's a slogan aimed at kids, but those aren't the kind of people Buffalo is ever going to draw.

I thought they were aiming at 50-60 yrolds that like architecture.

They were tearing this vid up on WGR at 6:15 this morning. Too stodgy they said. Didn't show any "fun" things going on like festivals, concerts, the beaches, sporting events, etc, etc.. They felt it focused too much on cultural things like the Darwin Martin house and is anyone really going to be swayed into coming here for an old house and an art museum?

Just relaying the radio comments. I can't watch the vid until I get home so I guess I'll have to wait to voice my opinion until then.

Exactly, but the slogan is aimed at a much younger group that will actually use that "for real" phrase.

For real?

FWIW, most of the film is rehashed from the last one they did, just played backwards. Saul Elkin from Shakespeare in the Park does the narration.

Heaven forbid that they'll probably make more than one video and cover other topics then.

Having said that, it does touch on a lot of the same topics that that "Buffalo: this place matters" video that was released within the last year.

After the OBL thread, I'm somewhat hesitant to talk about this.

But, I know the group of people that put this together and they exist in their own little enclave. That they put this together despite the rest of the community is typical - this strategy and the way they went about it is shortsighted, old and tired; it hasn't worked in the past and will not work now.

The problem with this area and getting it to "Work Together" is that there are many little fiefdoms and the people who "rule" them don't want to do anything that they think will jeopardize their position. This is because things around here are so tentative, once a person/group have attained any position, they don't want to lose it (naturally). I know I'm speaking in gross generalities, and I could get much more specific, but if you have any experience with business in the area (and are a realist) you should know what I'm talking about.

Plus, I absolutely dislike Dottie Gallagher Cohen. She reminds me of Dolores Umbridge.

That's a great video and soothing soundtrack to play for the folks at the nursing home when they are euthanised because the county doesn't have any more medicaid money.

How do you think this stuff up? I think water just came out my nose. Now I gotta clean up my keyboard .. lol

But, I know the group of people that put this together and they exist in their own little enclave. That they put this together despite the rest of the community is typical - this strategy and the way they went about it is shortsighted, old and tired; it hasn't worked in the past and will not work now.

The problem with this area and getting it to "Work Together" is that there are many little fiefdoms and the people who "rule" them don't want to do anything that they think will jeopardize their position. This is because things around here are so tentative, once a person/group have attained any position, they don't want to lose it (naturally). I know I'm speaking in gross generalities, and I could get much more specific, but if you have any experience with business in the area (and are a realist) you should know what I'm talking about.

Plus, I absolutely dislike Dottie Gallagher Cohen. She reminds me of Dolores Umbridge.

well like many have said nothing will really change in Buffalo until the mentality changes.

I don't know Ms. Cohen, so I don't know if it is true - but that is a funny line.

Archived