Game Discussion Thread: Flyers at Sabres

Assquatch

No not really, have been around hear and other boards for years and years.

Piss people off?? Why?? oh I know it's because you and many others knob Miller, whereas I see him as nothing special and say as much.

Amazing but true is that when someones favorite player gets justly criticized the fanboys get all defensive and go into attack mode, kind of like what you all are doing. It's kind of funny actually seeing how stupid you all really are.

Fool. Troll.

Let's get this straight: this is the Philadelphia Flyers the Sabres are playing, not Toronto or Ottawa. This was guaranteed to be a tight series, because the Flyers are GOOD. WTF? Of course the Sabres D has break-downs against the Flyers offense. Of course the Flyers are going to fight to come back and win these games - what do you expect them to do, lay down and go quietly?

This isn't a melt-down like Boston last season; the Sabres are putting up a fight against the odds.

Right, which is why it comes down to Philly O > Buffalo D. I can't be mad at their performance. The mediocrity of our forwards' backcheck only exposes the defensive mistakes even more. Maybe this is why it often looks disorganized.

Personally, I loved MAGs game for much of the night, felt he was the best out there. But at the end of the day, you have 4 guys 24 or younger back there. It's going to take time.

No not really, have been around hear and other boards for years and years.

Piss people off?? Why?? oh I know it's because you and many others knob Miller, whereas I see him as nothing special and say as much.

Amazing but true is that when someones favorite player gets justly criticized the fanboys get all defensive and go into attack mode, kind of like what you all are doing. It's kind of funny actually seeing how stupid you all really are.

So you've been around for years and the ONLY subject you can opine on is Miller? And that's when all you have to say is "he sucks." Seriously, nothing else about hockey in general and the Sabres in particular seems to interest you? You never have a positive thing to say.

Stupid or not. Troll or not. You're full of crap.

GO SABRES!!!

Well, that sucked. It really did. If I had an alternate team, like DeLuca does with the Devils--oops, I mean Wings, now that the Devils didn't make it--well, I'd be ok.

But instead, I'm stuck with: LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

And I like it.

So, Roy will play on Tuesday. If, by some chance, we see Hecht back as well it could make things very interesting.

Will be even more interesting if Richards gets suspended, which I am 99% sure won't happen.

Richards will unfortunately not be suspended. :censored:

Fine? Maybe.

(I am overusing the censored emoticon on purpose)

Well, that sucked. It really did. If I had an alternate team, like DeLuca does with the Devils--oops, I mean Wings, now that the Devils didn't make it--well, I'd be ok.

But instead, I'm stuck with: LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

And I like it.

Me too. To me this is like a getting a free consultation from a corporate head hunter. The good, the bad, and the ugly are all getting written down by the front office in order to address next season. Always sucks to lose a game like tonight. Then again, Game 7s are pretty freaking fun.

Me too. To me this is like a getting a free consultation from a corporate head hunter. The good, the bad, and the ugly are all getting written down by the front office in order to address next season. Always sucks to lose a game like tonight. Then again, Game 7s are pretty freaking fun.

All in all, the Sabres Fan side of me has hated how agonizing this series has been, just because that side of me just wants them to win and get it over with.

The hockey fan side of me loves that this has been such a fun series to watch. Lots of storylines, back-and-forth play...Who is going to be the hero?

LOL to all the fun I missed while entertaining family. :clapping:

I missed Connolly getting his coconut dinged again. Any chance someone has a link to the play?

As for the game itself. I didn't get to really concentrate on the game but I did walk away with the overwhelming sense that Philly decided it was time to equal Buffalo's work and commitment to smart play and the better talented team took over. Sabres were game but Philly's forwards were putting on a forecheck clinic. Sabres D could not get that quick first pass completed before the forecheck was on them. Call it one part inexperience and one part better talented opponent. If they can get that 1st pass out before the forecheck is on them they'd be OK. But that is alot to ask of a team facing that much talent.

Well, I'll be damned; I was the smartass who rhetorically asked whether the Canucks should bench Luongo. Guess what has happened?

I said it too but wasn't being a smartass. The Hawks are in his head. If he got shelled again tonight they'd have no options in game 7. If they lose tonight, at least it won't be because the Hawks were all confident about #1. The Canucks look good tonight.

LOL to all the fun I missed while entertaining family. :clapping:

I missed Connolly getting his coconut dinged again. Any chance someone has a link to the play?

As for the game itself. I didn't get to really concentrate on the game but I did walk away with the overwhelming sense that Philly decided it was time to equal Buffalo's work and commitment to smart play and the better talented team took over. Sabres were game but Philly's forwards were putting on a forecheck clinic. Sabres D could not get that quick first pass completed before the forecheck was on them. Call it one part inexperience and one part better talented opponent. If they can get that 1st pass out before the forecheck is on them they'd be OK. But that is alot to ask of a team facing that much talent.

Well stated IMO, and exactly what I was trying to express upthread.

All in all, the Sabres Fan side of me has hated how agonizing this series has been, just because that side of me just wants them to win and get it over with.

The hockey fan side of me loves that this has been such a fun series to watch. Lots of storylines, back-and-forth play...Who is going to be the hero?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMCtjxdhRA&feature=related

Yeah there is a Game 7 on Tuesday and yeah the Sabres could win and advance, but make no mistake about it, if it wasn't for Miller throwing a couple of shutouts at them, this series would have already been over.

Could someone explain Lindy's system to me? This team is just terrible in their own end, has been all year, the year before that and many years before that. I don't know if it is because they don't want to pay the price, they fold under pressure or are not in the right position, but whatever it is, I don't see it as much from the other playoff teams on such a consistent basis.

this is starting to look like 2006 ECF all over again we win game 1 and cant seem to win critical games at home now onto oppositions home for game 7 and now frwards falling like flies. Its time to sit Monty hope Sekera can play.

Also if someone doesnt start worrying about brier hanging back on plays they better be damn sure the puck gets out of the zone. Please someone squish that little mother

Archived