Game Discussion Thread: Flyers at Sabres

Assquatch

There's lots to be concerned about out of today's game. But in a tie game, you look for someone to bear down and bury their chance to put the stake in the heart. Gaustad and Vanek could have iced it, and didn't. I'm not blaming them, I just think it's a gap to address for the future.

Did anyone hear Boyes' name called in the final 20 and overtime?

Boyes is showing why St. Louis may have gotten rid of him for a bag of pucks. There were at least 5 opportunities to take a good shot today, and he had really nice looks...then either passed or lost the puck away.

His game is sniping, and he's not even shooting. That's a major problem.

yeah it seems like we control the game for about 10 minutes...then we desperately try to hang on.

its frustrating--but we are tied against a team with clearly more talent -so not sure how much Lindy should

be brutalized about his game plan.Annoying? yes. Stupid? maybe.

We've seen the same forecheck from the Flyers for 6 games now, is it too much to ask of the coach to at least TRY and look for a way to counter it, and not just rely on your goalie shutting out the opposition every night?

Goose had a rough night.

Overall, I think we need to realize that we're really not that great yet. Great play by Miller, combined with weak goaltending by Philly, has pretty much smokescreened what is otherwise a pretty dominating effort by the Flyers. I don't buy the "lack of effort" stuff that's being spewed now on WGR. I think they're trying, they're just not as good ... yet.

Now, with Pommer out - possibly TC out (for his PK skill)- it's not looking good. That said, I would NOT be looking to lay a lot of $ on what will be a big public favorite in the Flyers on Tuesday.

It ain't over, and "home ice" has hardly been an advantage.

Boyes is showing why St. Louis may have gotten rid of him for a bag of pucks. There were at least 5 opportunities to take a good shot today, and he had really nice looks...then either passed or lost the puck away.

His game is sniping, and he's not even shooting. That's a major problem.

Heard more chatter from Torres lately and would even throw Bernier in there for the impact Boyes has brought. Hate to be a hater. Boyes a 43 goal guy? :blink: Lets blast away tonight guys.

Again, we're spending 50 minutes a game in our own zone, allowing 35+ shots a night. The shots were 47-33 going into OT, for ######'s sake.

I guarantee you, while Miller certainly hasn't been a 6.2 mill. goalie, he is NOT the reason they've lost 3 games.

The fact that the Flyers are forechecking the crap out of Lindy's "system" is the reason.

Two sutouts and an OT win aren't good enough!

At the most 2 of Philly's goals might go back to Miller. The last goal was a defensive sit-down strike. You don't do your goalie an favors by letting a puck carrier skate in uncontested for a shot 15 feet from between the circles.

Disappointing loss, but this has been and will be a tight series, right down to the wire.

Glad they have performed well enough in the series to earn another shot at winning it - rather than losing in 5 or 6.

Disappointing loss, but this has been and will be a tight series, right down to the wire.

Glad they have performed well enough in the series to earn another shot at winning it - rather than losing in 5 or 6.

:thumbsup:

Anyone who doesn't watch the NHL playoffs is really missing out. Great entertainment.

hate to see the loss, but what a battle!!!!!!!!!!

I hear you, but am NOT ready to see this Sabres run come to an end...

Philly is obviously a very resilient team, having come back from 0-3 last season against Boston (team that knocked us out), and now this series... Let's show that we have the resilience! Take it in Philadelphia in 7, Sabres!!!! Bring your best!! (way to fight!!)

GO SABRES!!

Again, we're spending 50 minutes a game in our own zone, allowing 35+ shots a night. The shots were 47-33 going into OT, for ######'s sake.

I guarantee you, while Miller certainly hasn't been a 6.2 mill. goalie, he is NOT the reason they've lost 3 games.

The fact that the Flyers are forechecking the crap out of Lindy's "system" is the reason.

I don't think it's the system. We're just not good enough on the back end, especially against a team that's built to forecheck.

Say what you want about the performance tonight, it comes down to talent. And think, they're playing sans Carter and a banged up Pronger. All this talk about a center for next year, I would hope they address the D first and foremost.

I hear you, but am NOT ready to see this Sabres run come to an end...

Philly is obviously a very resilient team, having come back from 0-3 last season against Boston (team that knocked us out), and now this series... Let's show that we have the resilience! Take it in Philadelphia in 7, Sabres!!!! Bring your best!! (way to fight!!)

GO SABRES!!

Lindy now moves to 2-4 all time in series clinching games at home.

He is 8-1 on the road.

OK. Ugly win or ugly loss, we'll find out whether we're ready for prime time come Tuesday. Simple as that.

I'm glad we've shown the ability to play with such grit for a change, but it still comes down to the clutch players making a difference. Do we have game 7 type clutch players?

Vanek is certainly paid enough to be one. Gaustad is on the ice for too many goals. We can't have intensity lapses. Most of the Flyers goals came when our players letup and let the Flyers have their way in the offensive zone. Also, forwards have to shoot more. Philly has questionable goaltending, yet we don't shoot in favor of a pass too many times. In the playoffs, its about digging for rebounds.

Archived