Game Discussion Thread: Flyers at Sabres

Assquatch

Happy Easter everyone. We are buckling in for the five hour ride to HSBC, and are about as excited as one little family can get.

Both the Sabres and my 13 year old are going to miss Pommer today. His comrades need to leave everything they have on that ice, and win big for the hometown crowd.

From my mouth to the Hockey Gods ears!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

My favorite quote from Peter, Peter Pumkin Eater: ""I have a tremendous amount of confidence in the group in that room," Laviolette said. "At no point did I think we were going to lose the game (Friday). Yet, we did."

Really, down 3-0, down to your third string goalie and at no time you thought you were going to lose?????? Yeah, I believe that.

I wasn't going to start it. I'm 0-1 in GDT and the stakes are too great..

Time to take out the trash..

I have been thinking about your quote for two days now:

8. Is there anything more fun than a arena-silencing shot? That place went from roaring to DEAD silent in an instant. Thank you Thing2.

The answer is yes. A series clinching goal at home is much more satisfying than an arena-silencing shot.

:beer: Here is to no arena-silencing shots today.

First post from me but just adding to the support albeit from the UK.

Been a Sabres fan since 1975(ish) after receiving a Sabres bobble hat from an Aunt who lived (at the time) in Toronto. The Leafs merchandise must've been either...

A. REALLY bad

or

B. Sold out

...either way I'm looking forward to watching (hopefully) the culmination of the series this evening :thumbsup:

The Sabres have delivered several body blows to the mighty Flyers.

1. Stealing, and I mean stealing Game 1 from Philly. Bandicoot getting the GWG.

2. Chasing Bob with 3 goals

3. Shutting out Flyers again.

4. Miller stoning Danny point blank.

5. Enticing Richards into a five-minute major.

6. Lindy calling them whiners. Flyers complaining that Sabres are getting away with murder.

7. Knocking Carter out of the series when he collided with Thing 1.

8. Coming out in Game 5 and blowing them out in Period 1 completely altering their game plan and pysche

9. Chasing Boucher to the bench. Bringing in the third string goalie and principal goat from 2010 SCF.

10. Thing 2 beating them in front of a raucous crowd in OT

Time for the upper cut that knocks them out for good. Something tells me we are going to see the Sabres best game of the series today.

Happy Easter everyone. Will DEREK ROY be resurrected today ? I don't think that ROY will be back today, but would that ever be a nice surprise. Cryers have thrown everything they have at the Sabres and the Sabres have survived and also came out on top 3 of the 5 games. Love the way they played in the 3rd and OT the other night. Looking forward to the Arena to be rocking and the Sabres sending the Cryers to the golf course today. GO SABRES :clapping:

Oh, and since we're all sharing videos (including my favorite highlight real of all time, above, from five years ago), and since it's Easter, and since this is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time...

Another inspired first period gives Buffalo the lead, and they keep their foot on the gas for a less nail-biting, series closing win. I'm thinking 4-1. Sabres have won 5 out of 7 games against the "better" Flyers team since last month and maybe a win today finally helps to give the Sabres their due.

Oh, and whatever scrub, bum, or career backup is starting in net for Philly today, it doesn't MATTER what your name is!

All the pressure is on the Flyers, but the Sabres need a smart game. No dumb penalties, no blown coverage in the defensive zone, no counting possession before you have it. Grind it out, make your chances count, and beat them with your game, not theirs. Losing Pominville is just one more adversity in a string of adversities that the Sabres have had to overcome.

We have seen this situation before. History will be made, because History repeats itself

I would love to see a repeat! The Sabres at their best with the hockey gods granting Buffalo fans a comfortable margin of victory. It would be nice to see a demoralized Flyers team for the last 15 minutes of the game. I want to see blue all over orange like a cheap suit.

Happy Easter everyone!

GO SABRES!!!

Archived