Game Discussion Thread: Flyers at Sabres

Assquatch

###### pathetic. I honestly don't undrestand how we shut out this team twice. Every game that the sabres score a bunch of goals, we give up a bunch too. And when we don't score a lot we don't give up a lot. What the hell like seriously when is the last time anyone remembers a game that wasn't decided by one goal? (disregarding empty netters)

Are you kidding me?

Miller had a bad game, but Leighton was horrendous, and Boucher hardly tested, and still let in a softie.

This one is on the D who spent 50 minutes running around in our own zone.

yeah very keystone cop-like D....they looked confused back there

Are you kidding me?

Miller had a bad game, but Leighton was horrendous, and Boucher hardly tested, and still let in a softie.

This one is on the D who spent 50 minutes running around in our own zone.

I like a lot of our young team, but we're never going anywhere with Butler and Leopold back there.

I'm looking for a Richards suspension for game 7

If you're really expecting the league to suspend the Flyers captain for a home game 7, I've got a bridge I'm looking to sell.

other than the 2 shutouts he is giving up 4 gpg in the other 4 games. not good enough

Again, we're spending 50 minutes a game in our own zone, allowing 35+ shots a night. The shots were 47-33 going into OT, for ######'s sake.

I guarantee you, while Miller certainly hasn't been a 6.2 mill. goalie, he is NOT the reason they've lost 3 games.

The fact that the Flyers are forechecking the crap out of Lindy's "system" is the reason.

He owns Lindy in that regard.

I can't remember a time where we didn't lose when he pulls his goalies.

Goes back to Carolina too.

I really don't understand this rationale. I live in Philly and they've been killing Laviolette all week down here for his handling of the goalies. He's basically killed Bobrovsky's confidence and is now down to Brian Boucher who obviously has holes and Michael Leighton who played his season's hockey in the ADK. This was a tough loss but if they get Roy and, gulp, Hecht back maybe it will help give this team a boost. Losing Pominville and Connolly certainly hurt but it's a resiliant bunch that I don't think is "scared" to play in Philadelphia. Besides, each game they've played in Philadelphia coming off a home game they've won.

I didn't see the OT, and I won't even turn on my TV to see what happened. Left my parents' house between periods, and put WGR on in the car. Heard the goal as I was walking through the door, and just continued walking right upstairs.

I have a bad feeling we are in some trouble next game, unless we see a miracle at the center position. Connolly has been useless 5-on-5, but he is an asset on the PK, and one of the only centremen we have.

I don't know whether that miracle is Roy, Byron, Adam, or someone else....but these guys have got to figure out how to play with a lead and not give it up. The defensive lapses in this game were so frustrating.

And that's the series. It's been fun guys. I have a feeling that blowout we've been waiting for is coming on Tuesday and it's not going to be fun to watch.

Then I'm sure you'll have no trouble betting everything you own on the Flyers. Go for it.

GO SABRES!!!

yeah very keystone cop-like D....they looked confused back there

They back-pedalled on the winning rush! They cannot just let them take a free shot from 15 feet straight on. Complete letdown by the D. Forwards had a chance to put this one away early but missed the net.

There's lots to be concerned about out of today's game. But in a tie game, you look for someone to bear down and bury their chance to put the stake in the heart. Gaustad and Vanek could have iced it, and didn't. I'm not blaming them, I just think it's a gap to address for the future.

Did anyone hear Boyes' name called in the final 20 and overtime?

Again, we're spending 50 minutes a game in our own zone, allowing 35+ shots a night. The shots were 47-33 going into OT, for ######'s sake.

I guarantee you, while Miller certainly hasn't been a 6.2 mill. goalie, he is NOT the reason they've lost 3 games.

The fact that the Flyers are forechecking the crap out of Lindy's "system" is the reason.

yeah it seems like we control the game for about 10 minutes...then we desperately try to hang on.

its frustrating--but we are tied against a team with clearly more talent -so not sure how much Lindy should

be brutalized about his game plan.Annoying? yes. Stupid? maybe.

Archived