Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

It is all coming down too poor play in the defensive zone. Tighten the ship and try to get and keep a lead. Hard to play coming from behind all game. Gotta be better in front of net.

I agree with you, I will say however that Buffalo was winning some very clean faceoffs, just need to capitalize..

Also, everyone on this board knew Tim C was going to pass the puck on that 2-1 they had in the first.

I agree with you, I will say however that Buffalo was winning some very clean faceoffs, just need to capitalize..

Also, everyone on this board knew Tim C was going to pass the puck on that 2-1 they had in the first.

So did the goalie and Philly D they shifted immediately and if he had shot the whole right half of net was open

Someone please explain how this game was Millers fault? The third goal Zherdev was sitting alone on the doorstep and the second goal there were three freaking Flyers in front of Miller with not a Sabre in sight after a bad giveaway. Maybe he could have stopped the first but even that one was deflected.

Miller is not the problem it's the guys who are supposed to be helping him in front and the others that should be scoring on a damned 4 minute PP and a long 5 on 3.

We've lost two tight games and won one tight game against a good hockey team.

And nearly every one of you pussies is ready to throw in the towel.

I really think you are overreacting, and it's a shame you resort to such name calling against fellow Sabres fans who are just discussing a game.

Or maybe people with a superiority complex who get their panties all bunched up because people are discussing issues with the team should take a night off and not bother posting at all.

There's discussing issues and then there's acting like jilted prom dates because some people can't handle losing. If it hurts too much, perhaps they should have a massengill mai tai, curl up with a Harlequin romance novel, and enjoy their 3-ply evening.

GO SABRES!!!

Anyone else want to continue to parrot the idea that Flyers goaltending is something to be looked down upon?

Boucher is getting it done. Yeah, his defence is a big deal too. But bottom line is, JUST LIKE LAST YEARS PLAYOFFS, goaltending doesn't really seem to be much of the issue for Philly. Time to give credit where it's due.

Or maybe people with a superiority complex who get their panties all bunched up because people are discussing issues with the team should take a night off and not bother posting at all.

Thanks. It's ridiculous - and it gets worse during the playoffs. Morons calling out people discussing the Sabres and their loss on a message board apparently have no idea where they're spending their time on the internets. It's old and annoying.

There are only a handful of fans with personality disorders who actually want the Sabres to lose the series - the rest of the people are upset in the moment, and it's completely understandable. The idiots calling others "pussies" and such must beat their children if they bring home report cards with grades less than 90% - that's the kind of heartless, pseudo-tough mentality they have.

right now Philly is getting better goaltending and the rest of the team has not yet played a good game on offensive side

The difference in this series is not goaltending.

In my mind, if the Sabres win this series, it will be the upset of upsets. Our skaters are not as good as Philly's.

Someone please explain how this game was Millers fault? The third goal Zherdev was sitting alone on the doorstep and the second goal there were three freaking Flyers in front of Miller with not a Sabre in sight after a bad giveaway. Maybe he could have stopped the first but even that one was deflected.

Miller is not the problem it's the guys who are supposed to be helping him in front and the others that should be scoring on a damned 4 minute PP and a long 5 on 3.

Anyone else want to continue to parrot the idea that Flyers goaltending is something to be looked down upon?

Boucher is getting it done. Yeah, his defence is a big deal too. But bottom line is, JUST LIKE LAST YEARS PLAYOFFS, goaltending doesn't really seem to be much of the issue for Philly. Time to give credit where it's due.

Yep and yep

I'd say it's another data point supporting the idea that it doesn't pay to build your team around a star goalie. It didn't help us last year and it hasn't helped us this year.

Goaltending in the NHL has reached a point where the difference between the best in the league and 10th or 20th best in the league really isn't all that great.

We've lost two tight games and won one tight game against a good hockey team.

And nearly every one of you pussies is ready to throw in the towel.

Amen. There is a direct correlation between the tough Internet talk about how soft this team is and the necessity of that poster to shield their tender feelings from disappointment.

Clearly, they see in this team what they see in themselves so the self loathing comes out as team criticism.

Excellent post. Miller was good IMO. Our D may be too young for this calibre team. I'm hoping we come back but it's going to take our offense having considerably more pressure than they had tonight.

Thanks. It's ridiculous - and it gets worse during the playoffs. Morons calling out people discussing the Sabres and their loss on a message board apparently have no idea where they're spending their time on the internets. It's old and annoying.

There are only a handful of fans with personality disorders who actually want the Sabres to lose the series - the rest of the people are upset in the moment, and it's completely understandable. The idiots calling others "pussies" and such must beat their children if they bring home report cards with grades less than 90% - that's the kind of heartless, pseudo-tough mentality they have.

I think the more likely scenario is the board has been taken over by teenagers...

As was pointed out yesterday, people post in the game thread during the heat of the moment and then hours later others come by to tell the poster why they shouldn't have felt like the did at the time. Expecting posters not to be mad at officiating (last game) or at certain individuals (this game) is simply unrealistic.

I'd say it's another data point supporting the idea that it doesn't pay to build your team around a star goalie. It didn't help us last year and it hasn't helped us this year.

Goaltending in the NHL has reached a point where the difference between the best in the league and 10th or 20th best in the league really isn't all that great.

Yep. But we've beaten that dead horse for some time now, haven't we?

Personally, I still think that if you can get a top 10 goalie it is an advantage. But you still need to have a great set of forwards to take advantage of it. A goalie will not make up for lack of talent among the skaters.

I could get on board this train, but I don't think it applies to the Sabres.

The money has been spent on forwards, it's just that most of the Sabre's forwards can't compete.

Where the Sabres haven't spent the money is on D. And that's showing, too.

There's a big difference between saying the defence made too many giveaways, or Miller needs to make more big saves, then the type of trade-em-all, fire Darcy tripe that litters this thread, and tends to after most losses.

If the Sabres are reacting the same way, then the season really is over.

The difference in this series is not goaltending.

In my mind, if the Sabres win this series, it will be the upset of upsets. Our skaters are not as good as Philly's.

People forget that we were once one of the fastest teams on the ice in 05-06 and 06-07. We have lost a bunch of speed and we cannot skate with Philly, Pittsburgh, Tampa and Washington for an extended period. Heck, Montreal is faster than us.

Sabres need to get back to playing their game and stop trying to be cute with the puck. Work down low, make and handle crisper passes, and for crying out loud establish some sustained offensive zone pressure (not presence but pressure).

Amen. There is a direct correlation between the tough Internet talk about how soft this team is and the necessity of that poster to shield their tender feelings from disappointment.

Clearly, they see in this team what they see in themselves so the self loathing comes out as team criticism.

So, as an administrator you are cool with posters calling other posters pussies and that they need Masengil because it jibes with your opinion? IS that what I'm reading here? I thought the idea on this site was civil discourse. <_<

Archived