Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Like I said, maybe this means Pegula's crush on Regier and the current roster will be over soon.

This is how I keep trying to cheer myself up.

Seeing Regier's latest trade-day prize Boyes disappear at crunch-time and Briere continue to dominate should play a role in this.

Miller was left hanging out to dry on goal 2 and 3. Goal one was flukey all around. He needs to play unreal, but it is tough when he gets put in terrible positions.

Weber was brutal tonight. Giveaways, poor clearances, dumb decisions.

Connolly isn't adding a damn thing.

Kaleta does not bring much to the team IMO, need to shuffle things up about, bring in Ellis, Hecht back, etc.

Boucher was great tonight, we gotta play great defense to win this series. Dunno if we can.

Here's another thought on this game...and please don't take this as complaining about the refs, but their positioning was terrible tonight...there were at least 5 pucks prevented from leaving the zone or caught up in their feet tonight...no reason guys at that level should be in the way as much as they were.

The perfect mix of horrible mistakes and lack of effort that just makes games like this even worse. I just knew after that disgustingly bad third goal that this game was over. Gerbes goal was more of a feel good moment than an actual motivator. I'm sick and tired of having these freaking players like Connolly, Pominville, Myers (and in a lesser sense) Vanek who just don't show up in the clutch. That's what made 2006 and 2007 better because we had two guys we knew could get it done when we needed it. Oh, and yeah one of them is killing us on the other side.

Here's another thought on this game...and please don't take this as complaining about the refs, but their positioning was terrible tonight...there were at least 5 pucks prevented from leaving the zone or caught up in their feet tonight...no reason guys at that level should be in the way as much as they were.

Noticed that too.

So disappointing. The Sabres looked like they were going through the motions in the third period and seemed to play with no energy. I'm not sure why, they were only down a goal and had they gotten one, they're back in it.

With Kaleta out and being down 2-1, I wonder where Derek Roy is in his prognosis. Perhaps centering the fourth line with McCormick and Grier?

All I know is that Ennis looks invisible right now. Getting only one goal on the PP was just no enough. It's not just about getting a goal on the PP, but it's about getting it at the right time and key moments of the game. So Stafford scores a PP goal. That's great. But when you have a 4 minute PP with Hartnell in the box, you have to take advantage of it. When you have a 5-on-3, you have to take advantage of it.

It's sad that after 4 years, this team still has no heart and no leadership. They've got the talent to play with a team like Philly. But mental mistakes by the young guys and really there's just not enough leadership on this team to get them through this. Niedermeyer and Grier are not the guys who can be leaders as they just don't have the skill to really get these guys to listen. It's sad, and I'm not sure how it changes by Game 4. Let's hope for the best and tie the series up on Wednesday.

Archived