Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Thomas Vanek looked like a C130 taking off when he hit the open ice on that goal. He takes a bit to get going, but he can fly once he hits the blue line. What a goal!

It was fitting the game ended on a turnover.

Here is the thing for me: you have to be a pretty pitiful team not to make the NHL Playoffs. But once you're in, even if it's eighth place, all bets are off. LOTS of damage to be done now. GO SABRES!

You know something, I used to think this was the case, but if you look at the numbers, it is not as easy as you think. I know it feels like it based on how the Sabre season went, but check out the records of the teams making the playoffs versus the teams that make the NBA playoffs -

I understand almost 50% make the playoffs, but it is not easy, and it is a grind in today's NHL to be in that top 50, so I don't think it should be taken lightly..

Ruff hinted one of the sabres was sick tonight and played and I wonder if it was Myers. He looked just out of it. I am not worried because Sekera and leopold both can come back in round 1ish and of course dont forget the added bonus of can we survive until Roy?

Oh yeah, that's the other thing... where was Shakira?

There's only one player on this team capable of rising to the next level and folklore status.....Nathan Gerbe. I've seen enough from the rest of them to know better.

If the Sabres do something big, look for Gerbe to be on the scoresheet, and humping legs.

I'm too old for this ######!

As promised, well done, Mr. Ruff!

And let's not forget Enroth's save on Versteeg's breakaway!

OK............the time for partisan politics is over.

Lindy Ruff made a 100% efficient move in playing Miller. There is no way this team does squat without Miller in net for the playoffs. He had almost a 2 week rest and now should be sound for the 1st series. He couldn't lose. If Miller came in and lost...they were going to lose anyway. If he looked horrible....they are dead anyway and still had a chance tomorrow. If he looked solid and the team won....momentum.

It was a smart gambler's move, and he just parlayed his chances in the playoffs. Well done.

Gerbe is the only guy on this team to have the nads to take that shot, let alone have it go in.

They're in now.....I'm giving my 100% support much like Obama will have to give to Hillary in a year. I'm not happy about the matchups, but if they win a series, I will not cry once about bringing everyone back.

GO Sabres?!

For a pretty quiet guy, Miller looked pumped when they saluted the crowd.

Sabres Playoff Hockey, My Son due any day now, Its gonna be a good Spring!

My boss had his kid on May 23,1999 when the sabres beat the Leafs in game 1 of the finals. He told the nurse he had his wife told him to leave the room and put on the game in the waiting room.

some fruitloop in the TSN comments on the game said "The refs handed this gtame to the Sabres! Hopefully the Flyers can see them in the 1st round and show them what's up, eh!!! GO LEAFS!!!" this guy is the personification of why the LEAFS will suck for a long time... there fan base is retarded.

Ever leave a movie theater after really getting into the film and you get outside and everything looks weird? I had that feeling after the alumni were introduced and the game started. The current Sabres looked strange. I was off kilter. What year was it? What building were they in? The white unis added to the feeling.

Can anyone relate?

This game reminded me of the Seinfeld series finale for some reason... :) .

Oh by the way: Tonight's game makes me even more excited for Vanek getting the C next year.

Dude is already the captain of the team; we're just waiting on the embroidery at this point.

I was in the "wait until the offseason" group, but now that we're in, especially with him coming up big in these last couple of games, I would be OK with him showing up tomorrow or game 1 with the "C".

some fruitloop in the TSN comments on the game said "The refs handed this gtame to the Sabres! Hopefully the Flyers can see them in the 1st round and show them what's up, eh!!! GO LEAFS!!!" this guy is the personification of why the LEAFS will suck for a long time... there fan base is retarded.

You know what LEAFS stands for, right? Losing Even After FortyPlus Seasons

For a pretty quiet guy, Miller looked pumped when they saluted the crowd.

Sabres Playoff Hockey, My Son due any day now, Its gonna be a good Spring!

Best of luck with the newborn, in reality, thats what life is all about. Go Sabres

Archived