Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Brilliant move putting in Miller for the 3rd IMO. Not because it actually affected the outcome, but because we can just stick with him full time now. It'll quiet the "gotta ride the hot hand" talk a little since Miller was out there for the clincher.

Actually, when you look at it, it was a very negative decision to go with Miller. Basically Ruff was figuring that they were going to lose and he didn't want Miller playing the biggest game of the year and be rusty (columbus)

It worked out, and I'm glad. Enroth knows the deal. It wasn't his fault they were down. But a negative move ended up being a positive in the end. Thanks to Gerbe and his fantastic goal.

Buffalo could be dangerous. Although they don't match up well with Pitt.

wow...what a freaking goal by Gerbe only to be one upped by Vanek...now THAT is what a great player does...makes something out of nothing...are the Sabres the team noone wants to face in the playoffs? They have been virtually unbeatable the past 2 months....

That being said...I didn't like the way they kept handing the puck over to Philadelphia for odd man rushes...reminded a lot of the Toronto game where they just looked out of sync all night, although they pulled it out in the end...was pretty cool when Philly just stood around and waited at the blueline for like 20 seconds as Myers slowly skated back behind the net...

Can somebody explain what Carcillo did? I missed it. Thanks in advance.

He mockingly rubbed Gerbe's head like you would to a baby before a faceoff early in the 3rd period. Gerbe proceeded to score a ridiculous goal about 5 minutes later.

Can somebody explain what Carcillo did? I missed it. Thanks in advance.

They were jawing at each other after a whistle and Carcillo patted Gerbe on the head like he was a little kid and motioned for him to be on his way.

A few minutes later, Gerbe tied it up 3-3. :D

wow...what a freaking goal by Gerbe only to be one upped by Vanek...now THAT is what a great player does...makes something out of nothing...are the Sabres the team noone wants to face in the playoffs? They have been virtually unbeatable the past 2 months....

That being said...I didn't like the way they kept handing the puck over to Philadelphia for odd man rushes...reminded a lot of the Toronto game where they just looked out of sync all night, although they pulled it out in the end...was pretty cool when Philly just stood around and waited at the blueline for like 20 seconds as Myers slowly skated back behind the net...

This game probably had the most turnovers all year.

Actually, when you look at it, it was a very negative decision to go with Miller. Basically Ruff was figuring that they were going to lose and he didn't want Miller playing the biggest game of the year and be rusty (columbus)

Not necessarily. While I agreed that getting him some work before a potentially huge game against Columbus was key, getting your biggest star on the ice is going to give your team a lift no matter what.

So was the move to put miller in to shake up the team or get him a period to see if he was ready for tomorrow night???

We didn't want Miller rusty in a do or die situation, good move in my opinion. Enroth played great in place of Miller and should feel real good about himself.

Archived