Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Wow. An awesome night. Got to hang out with biodork and her friend and a bunch of my friends; saw a win when all we needed as fans was the OT; the city is full of energy. I'm sure that many people have given analyses of the game above, so I'll try to limit my observations to the following five points:

1. It really is cool meeting people from here in person.

2. hoo-rah

3. Hoo-Rah

4. HOO-RAH

5. YEA!!!!!

Maybe they figured they'd rather meet us than Carolina in the playoffs?

PTR

That doesn't make much sense to me. The Sabres may have the best record since that last game in December in the whole league. If they don't, they have to be top 3.

It is truly astonishing to think the Sabres were in last place in December.

That would be rather astonishing if it were true. The Islanders, Devils, and Maple Leafs were below Buffalo for the entirety of December. Still, going from 12th place on Christmas day to 7th (or 6th depending on the final games) is pretty fun.

Ever leave a movie theater after really getting into the film and you get outside and everything looks weird? I had that feeling after the alumni were introduced and the game started. The current Sabres looked strange. I was off kilter. What year was it? What building were they in? The white unis added to the feeling.

Can anyone relate?

the white unis had me thinking of joe crozier, renee, gilbert abd rico. When I saw them walk out I lost it.

This thread is freaking hilarious. Who's the guy who said "game, set, match" when Philly went up by the insurmountable margin of 3-2 in the 2nd period? LOL

GO SABRES!!!

He barely posted after that, I sware there are trolls on the board. Anyways, GREAT game, great win and let's enjoy the playoffs. If you told me on Christmas this team would make the playoffs I'd spit turkey out of my mouth and choked on a wishbone. Un-freaking-believable!!!!

I'm still wondering how Miller got voted team MVP by his teammates with him constantly throwing them under the bus? <_<

Because maybe, just maybe, he is the leader of the team. I'm paraphrasing Myers here. He said Enroth has been fantastic but you know when Miller is back there.

That makes it even more interesting. That sounds a lot like Here We Go Steelers. And the terrible towels. :)

The TV never really caught people waiving them in unison. White outs look better IMO.

I was in the "wait until the offseason" group, but now that we're in, especially with him coming up big in these last couple of games, I would be OK with him showing up tomorrow or game 1 with the "C".

I've 'sensed' him elevating his game. When Carolina gave it to Staal midseason, he went on an absolute terror.

You know what LEAFS stands for, right? Losing Even After FortyPlus Seasons

Well played.

Why were the Flyers giving us the point in the last minute?

Because they saw the scoreboard and knew that Pitt had at least one point. Pitt was in SO at that moment. I knew that because my son is a big Pitt fan. They needed it to keep pace. I think it was a good gamble on their part. They have to believe they are the better team and 2nd looks a whole lot better tha 4th.

That would be rather astonishing if it were true. The Islanders, Devils, and Maple Leafs were below Buffalo for the entirety of December. Still, going from 12th place on Christmas day to 7th (or 6th depending on the final games) is pretty fun.

I knew if I was wrong, I'd be corrected. And I knew it would be you. :thumbsup: In my defense, I believe I read it somewhere.

That doesn't make much sense to me. The Sabres may have the best record since that last game in December in the whole league. If they don't, they have to be top 3.

The Fkyers wanted to make sure they got the point too, as it kept them atop the Atlantic Division. No charity here, just enlightened self-interest.

I HOPE I'M WRONG, but the dudes gotta be rusty as ######, and none of those goals were Enroths fault, I'd be pissed if I were him.

You're right, but I don't think that's why Miller was in there. I think it's because the team can and does play a freer offensive style with Miller in net (just by way of example, with Enroth in, they always have two defensemen backing out of the offensive zone; with Miller, it's often just one unless protecting a lead), and with a serious need for one goal, that's what they went for.

Because maybe, just maybe, he is the leader of the team. I'm paraphrasing Myers here. He said Enroth has been fantastic but you know when Miller is back there.

I know. I just seem to recall that someone here has interpreted Miller's body language and post game comments as throwing his teammates under the bus and that they surely must not like him all that much because of it. This was probably only posted once or twice so you may have missed it. ;)

Not exactly. I didn't look up the conference, but on December 14th, Buffalo and Toronto had identical records and were tied for last place in the division below Ottawa.

Just watched Gerbe's tying goal a few more times at nhl.com. What an impressive net-seeking shot that was. Wow.

It was definitely the best goal of the Sabres' season, combining how impressive it was physically and how important it was.

Sure, the shot was a bit flukish. The degree of difficulty was high enough that it probably only hits the back of the net 1 out of 20 times. But boy are we glad that 1 appeared last night.

Gerbe could prove to be key in the playoffs. He's such a wildcard offensively and a hell of a backchecker too. On top of that, he's been a champion before at Boston College so he knows what it takes.

Just watched Gerbe's tying goal a few more times at nhl.com. What an impressive net-seeking shot that was. Wow.

Watching that goal and Vanek's OT winner it's fun to watch that fat Flyers fan behind then net who was whooping it up all game just sit there all disgusted. :thumbsup:

Archived