GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Random thoughts:

I hope this isn't a spirit-crushing game for the team.

I agree. We're all here, up-in-arms about the ending. But Rob Bay made the point in post-game, that perhaps this can strengthen them (they got away with a collapse like this earlier in the season against Vancouver, no?).

1 game at a time.

Montreal on Tuesday. Sabres in good position, but giving away a point tonight closes things a bitter tighter than they should have been.

When Pegula took over, we said the rest of the season the players should be playing for their careers (in WNY).

Let's see another bounce-back like the Philly & Boston games (not go into doomsday mode). Nashville's comeback today, meant (to them) that they went from probably being "out" of the playoff hunt (meaning falling out of top 8), to moving up to like 5th/6th in the west. Every team from here-on out is going to scrap like Nashville. Time to tighten down the hatches!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!

They just quit skating and playing D in the last 3 minutes and minute of overtime. There is not excuse for giving up 3 goals in 4 minutes. Miller went out to lunch again. The whistle should have blown on their second goal so one could say the ref did too, but a D man should never have let that guy get three wacks at the puck without getting decked. The tip was great but Miller appeared out of position.... Even Hasek at 46 would have made that save and WTF on the last one... all around melt down.

Back to the same old Sabre tricks... sucking us in and then the skill players lunching... Connolly, Stafford, Scara, Vanish, Boyes etc. Gotta play better D and get the puck outta the zone. Back to back nights have not served the Sabres well this year. Despite last week, they have not done a good job running out of steam far too often.

Coach should make them skate hard the next practice and impose a curfew. Obviously they can't seem to handle home cooking.

OK, I'm over the goals. I can't get over the reaction from Miller to the winner. This is Mr. Zen whose concentration and composure are unparalleled?

In a way, he's still the kid who cried after getting lit up by Detroit in his first game.

We all know what that reaction was all about. We'll see if he throws his teammates under the bus again in the postgame show.

will be interesting he seemed out of position all night long and gave up lots of rebounds. Lindy should have played Enroth tonight. Miller skating off as he did right past the entire team was a bad optic as my boss would say

will be interesting he seemed out of position all night long and gave up lots of rebounds. Lindy should have played Enroth tonight. Miller skating off as he did right past the entire team was a bad optic as my boss would say

Sounds like the PR department stepped in and protected Miller. No sound from the goalie.

Being aware of my limited number of posts, I am practically scared __itless that the "senior" posters are going to drill me for making an observation. But here goes anyway.

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of (1) Lindy playing prevent defense for 15 minutes when we have the lead, and (2) the Sabres having no one capable of burying the 'killer' goal on this team?

P.S. Some of us read a lot of posts but don't feel compelled to write 30,000 of them ourselves.

No ######. It's been that way ever since Pegula took over. All of a sudden all the Johnny-come-lately's are in here on game day trying to tell folks what they should and shouldn't think.

What's with all of the people with less than a few dozen posts coming in here and telling everyone how to react to the game?

I respect everyone's opinion and thought(s)...but what does 10 forum posts or 10,000 forum posts have to do with someone's credibility and knowledge on how to react to a game? So what if they are new to a forum, doesnt make their reaction any less of a "rank" or "level" to someone who has thousands of posts.

It's honestly pretty sad in my opinion that you would dis-credit someone's opinion based on number of forum posts.

I understand the human psychological need to assign blame when things go contrary to our expected outcome, but seriously folks, this isn't one of those times. There is no sense in trying to assign blame here. It was a team loss. Gotta chalk it up and move on. If that's what we expect the team to do why wouldn't we expect ourselves to do the same?

GO SABRES!!!

I agree 100% the blame game is just for arguing and discussion purposes.

Move on and get ready for the next game.

Everyone is putting this on miller. I realize he never played the perfect game ya all expect but what was sekera doing pushing the puck to miller when he could have taken it behind the net? He had other options. And I'm not just picking on Sekera,there are plenty of others who can accept some of the blame.

The $6.5 million dollar man is outplayed by another backup. My gawd when is it going to stop?

Hah, Miller is a joke. This team will never go anywhere with him in net. I feel bad for the rest of the guys in the room that have to deal with that average talent egomaniac.

Honestly, I have been in denial. I've been hoping against hope that Miller would start to get real sharp right about now... that maybe he'd start to look like the Olympian. It just isn't happening. My confidence is near zero that he can carry a team -- any team -- to the Cup. Maybe with better players up front, he could do it. A big maybe.

Remember all the "Hasek moments" when you'd yell out, "Holy *****!!!!" and "OMG!!" after a series of incredible stops? Wow, don't see too many of those any more.

Being aware of my limited number of posts, I am practically scared __itless that the "senior" posters are going to drill me for making an observation. But here goes anyway.

Is it just me, or is anyone else tired of (1) Lindy playing prevent defense for 15 minutes when we have the lead, and (2) the Sabres having no one capable of burying the 'killer' goal on this team?

P.S. Some of us read a lot of posts but don't feel compelled to write 30,000 of them ourselves.

I HATE defensive shells. If you got the lead by attacking..... keep attacking dammit.

And missing someone who is capable of burying the killer goal has been an issue since what, 2006?

BTW- It wasn't long ago that I was "post limited". Noone disses on the new folks for stating opinions. It's the telling someone what their opinion should be that gets attacked.

You've got some nerve, Mr. Johnny Come Lately. You think your puny 20 posts entitles you offer up drivel like this? How dare you. Why, if I had the requisite number of posts, I'd tell you where to get off.

GO SABRES!!!

Look, i like Miller. What's he got...30+ wins for 6 consecutive seasons now? But hey, when you really need him to shut a team out in the 3rd..like tonight, he just fails alot more than an Elite goalie should? but i guess he's not really Elite. I mean he didn't even make the All-star game and they had 6 goalies to pick. Miller is the best we got, but this team is going nowhere unless he gets super hot down the stretch. Plus i agree, i am sick of seeing him get outplayed by backups.

It's over. They lost a point that they should not have--it sucked. Players were to blame--blame whoever you like. 10 games left to play--get over it. They are 3 points ahead of Carolina--everyone else is pretty much out of it now. Stay ahead of Carolina, make the playoffs, and this point is just a footnote on the season at most.

You've got some nerve, Mr. Johnny Come Lately. You think your puny 20 posts entitles you offer up drivel like this? How dare you. Why, if I had the requisite number of posts, I'd tell you where to get off.

GO SABRES!!!

That's 21 posts to you, Bucko. And now it's 22. I should take an over under on which will happen first --- me having a coronary because of games like this one or having one before my thousandth post!

And I agree with you: GO SABRES!!!

I've never been one to attack the newbie. We have someone here who's pretty famous for doing that, and I'm always shocked when it happens. I won't call this person out.

Honestly, I don't often look at the post count when reading the board.

I HATE defensive shells. If you got the lead by attacking..... keep attacking dammit.

And missing someone who is capable of burying the killer goal has been an issue since what, 2006?

BTW- It wasn't long ago that I was "post limited". Noone disses on the new folks for stating opinions. It's the telling someone what their opinion should be that gets attacked.

How about giving credit to the "opposing goalie" sometimes? Ruff has said "the goaltending in this league is really good".

Here in Buffalo we are just used to seeing a sieve on a nightly basis and when we see good goaltending from the opposition some just want to blame our offense and say we have noone to bury the puck instead of giving credit where it is do.

Just got home from the game. I only have one thing to say(other than the "goal song" and I will address that in the "goal song" thread).

Playoff teams don't lose at home to a team that played the night before in Nashville, whose game didn't end until 1030 or so, probably didn't get to their hotel in Buffalo until 2AM, played their backup goaltender who no one has ever heard of, and have a 2 goal lead with under 3 minutes to go.

I respect everyone's opinion and thought(s)...but what does 10 forum posts or 10,000 forum posts have to do with someone's credibility and knowledge on how to react to a game? So what if they are new to a forum, doesnt make their reaction any less of a "rank" or "level" to someone who has thousands of posts.

It's honestly pretty sad in my opinion that you would dis-credit someone's opinion based on number of forum posts.

You are taking that the wrong way. All opinions are welcome. Re-read the post of mine that you quoted. It is the "you should stop thinking that way" posts that are getting discussed, and there has been a big increase in them since the Pegula announcement.

Honestly, I have been in denial. I've been hoping against hope that Miller would start to get real sharp right about now... that maybe he'd start to look like the Olympian. It just isn't happening. My confidence is near zero that he can carry a team -- any team -- to the Cup. Maybe with better players up front, he could do it. A big maybe.

Remember all the "Hasek moments" when you'd yell out, "Holy *****!!!!" and "OMG!!" after a series of incredible stops? Wow, don't see too many of those any more.

Please understand that Hasek is a once in a generation type goaltender. During his prime he was one of the best ever. We were spoiled with him. IMO Miller is an above average goaltender who is having a bit of a down year. At 6.5 per he's not a bargin but there's no point in complaining about what he's paid. His contract is what it is.

I've never been one to attack the newbie. We have someone here who's pretty famous for doing that, and I'm always shocked when it happens. I won't call this person out.

Honestly, I don't often look at the post count when reading the board.

I respect your enthusiasm, Grumpy. There is serious passion in your typing fingers, that's for sure! I'll get there... I'm good for at least 5,000 the night they win the Cup!

I won't start a new thread for this, but the Sabres are seventh in the league in goals scored per game. Hell, I might have to admit Lindy knows how to coach offense.

Imagine how dangerous this team could be if it was getting even good goaltending.

Archived