GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Sekara with an assist on the second Pred goal and I think Myers with an assist on the game winner........But its all Millers fault....... :thumbdown:

Oh yeah, I forgot. The greatest goaltender in the history of hockey can't be expected to put his glove on the puck, or stop any shot that is deflected, ever.

How does this happen? Easy explanation: Ryan "Choke" Miller at it again. Franchise goalie my ass. Trade this loser in the offseason for a star center and hand the keys over to Enroth who has more upside than Choke.

Billy - blame Miller all you like but he made stellar saves to just make OT. His defense fell asleep. Sekara drags the puck to the net causing go #2, the D helps to screen Miller and allow a deflection on goal#3, and the D leaves a forawed wide open in the slot for the OT winner. Also, Vanak blew sevaral chances to score a 4th. Miller gets some blame but he can't cover for every bonehead mistake by teh skaters.

Oh yeah, I forgot. The greatest goaltender in the history of hockey can't be expected to put his glove on the puck, or stop any shot that is deflected, ever.

My point is that deflected, bouncing pucks are not soft goals.......I am not even saying that he shouldn't have stopped that shot, but to call it a softie is going full PA.

The entire team choked in the last few minutes, but Miller gets the big bucks to cover that. If the Tin Man is no good because he gets the big bucks, then certainly Lover-Boy is no good because he let in some horrible softies in the last few.

Of course Miller's to blame. Those are two huge Softies to tie the game.

So the fact that our D feel apart during the closing of the 3rd...that's irrelevant?

Myers over skates the puck, preds recover and there's a man sitting right in front of the net to the left of Miller...I guess none of that matters because Miller should have made the save.

My point is that deflected, bouncing pucks are not soft goals.......I am not even saying that he shouldn't have stopped that shot, but to call it a softie is going full PA.

You'll never win that argument with PA. Just back away slowly and save yourself a headache from doing this: :wallbash:

Go somewhere with that Miller bashing. It's getting old and is completely uncalled for in this loss.

Fine. My final post for the day because 99% of this message board is composed of Miller apologists.

Bottome line: our alleged franchise goalie gives up 3 goals in 3 minutes. I've lost count how many 2 goal leads this guy has now blown since the Boston playoff series last year. You pay your goalie $6+ million a year, and you expect more. A lot more. For starters, how about a goalie who can at least keep his GAA and save % among the top 30 in the NHL?

Yes, it's a team game. Defenders messed up. Forwards missed scoring opportunities. I get that. I really do. But at some point, your star goalie has got to raise his level of performance to maintain 2 goal leads and occasionally bail out his teammates in the final moments of a game.

Of course Miller's to blame. Those are two huge Softies to tie the game.

PA, you'd blame Miller for the crisis in Libya. The deflection was the fault of thye defense for screening Miller and letting teh puck get deflected. I have a feeling if the puck missed Millers glove it would go wide. Total defensive collapse in the last 2 and half minutes.

Fine. My final post for the day because 99% of this message board is composed of Miller apologists.

Bottome line: our alleged franchise goalie gives up 3 goals in 3 minutes. I've lost count how many 2 goal leads this guy has now blown since the Boston playoff series last year. You pay your goalie $6+ million a year, and you expect more. A lot more. For starters, how about a goalie who can at least keep his GAA and save % among the top 30 in the NHL?

Yes, it's a team game. Defenders messed up. Forwards missed scoring opportunities. I get that. I really do. But at some point, your star goalie has got to raise his level of performance to maintain 2 goal leads and occasionally bail out his teammates in the final moments of a game.

He bailed them out twice in teh last half minute. Sekeara set up #2.

Go somewhere with that Miller bashing. It's getting old and is completely uncalled for in this loss.

There is room for everyone's opinion on this board. If you can't handle opposing views you need to look in the mirror to determine who should go elsewhere.

How do you say that? Why would he try and put the puck in front of the net???, if he swept in into the corner or dropped down to cover it, no goal.

Maybe you didn't see the replay. Miller just failed to cover the puck. I'll channel X. Benedict here and wonder what's up with that glove hand.

Honestly folks, does anyone "believe" now????

Sure. If the season ended today, they'd be in. I think they match up well against Filly. They played two excellent games and lost one at the end. Why not believe?

I understand the human psychological need to assign blame when things go contrary to our expected outcome, but seriously folks, this isn't one of those times. There is no sense in trying to assign blame here. It was a team loss. Gotta chalk it up and move on. If that's what we expect the team to do why wouldn't we expect ourselves to do the same?

GO SABRES!!!

No fire from Ruff on that failure on ice. Too bad.

Im not putting the blame in any specific player but it is ruffs job to keep these guys going so I have to put partial blame on him regardless. It just sucked tonight and everyone is ticked but it was a team loss

Archived