GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I didn't see the game but by the reaction, was Miller to blame? All I knew is that they were up 3-1 and boom it was 3-3 and going to OT.. :ph34r:

I watched 3rd period and the 2 last minuet goals were: one a follish play by one of the good guys, trying to hand it to Miller with enemies around the puck, ther second one: a tipped off shot, hard to see-the-deflection-type. Then I saw the Game recap nad relized that the very 1st was also Miller gut pushed by one of our D's into the net! wow! get=off Miller's back guys! relax! it was a fun game to watch, with a result we don't like, but still a good game! let it be Tuesday!

Maybe you didn't see the replay. Miller just failed to cover the puck. I'll channel X. Benedict here and wonder what's up with that glove hand.

Sekara passed it that way for no reason, never put the puck in front of your own net, Jesus its very basic defending PA, I am sorry that you can't grasp the concept.

Fine. My final post for the day because 99% of this message board is composed of Miller apologists.

Bottome line: our alleged franchise goalie gives up 3 goals in 3 minutes. I've lost count how many 2 goal leads this guy has now blown since the Boston playoff series last year. You pay your goalie $6+ million a year, and you expect more. A lot more. For starters, how about a goalie who can at least keep his GAA and save % among the top 30 in the NHL?

Yes, it's a team game. Defenders messed up. Forwards missed scoring opportunities. I get that. I really do. But at some point, your star goalie has got to raise his level of performance to maintain 2 goal leads and occasionally bail out his teammates in the final moments of a game.

I recognize fault just as quick as the next person. There is no denying the fact that Miller is not where he needs to be, nor is he even close to the level he was last season, but salary does not equate to perfection.

I didn't see the game but by the reaction, was Miller to blame? All I knew is that they were up 3-1 and boom it was 3-3 and going to OT.. :ph34r:

2nd Nashville goal was a combined Sekera/Miller brain fart. Tying goal was a good deflection that's difficult to blame on Miller. Of course you'll have the Miller haters using this as an opportunity to push their agenda. That was a complete TEAM collapse in the last two minutes.

2nd Nashville goal was a combined Sekera/Miller brain fart. Tying goal was a good deflection that's difficult to blame on Miller. Of course you'll have the Miller haters using this as an opportunity to push their agenda. That was a complete TEAM collapse in the last two minutes.

Miller was too far over even for the un-deflected shot. If he were square to it, the bouncer would have hit him in the chest.

What's with all of the people with less than a few dozen posts coming in here and telling everyone how to react to the game?

No ######. It's been that way ever since Pegula took over. All of a sudden all the Johnny-come-lately's are in here on game day trying to tell folks what they should and shouldn't think.

Sekara passed it that way for no reason, never put the puck in front of your own net, Jesus its very basic defending PA, I am sorry that you can't grasp the concept.

I appreciate it, but you don't have to call me Jesus.

I'm not denying a mistake by Sekera. It doesn't bail out Miller. There's been a mistake immediately before 99% of all the goals ever scored in the NHL.

You forgot "Vanek Sucks".

i wouldn't ever go so far as to say vanek sucks, even in the hyperbolizing of the melodrama (which i'm pretty sure is all that you're doing).

however ...

how many times in the last few weeks has he skated to the bench shaking his head after missing a golden opportunity to score? he had at least 2 opportunities that i can remember just in the second and third periods. can't speak for the first since i didn't catch it. but in recent games, it seems that's all he's done--shake his head after finishing a shift where he had the puck on his stick and couldn't find the back of the net.

No ######. It's been that way ever since Pegula took over. All of a sudden all the Johnny-come-lately's are in here on game day trying to tell folks what they should and shouldn't think.

Ah, I remember November, a young weave was just makin' his way into the world of Sabrespace....

(Just kidding around. I don't remember you telling anyone what they should or shouldn't post.)

There is room for everyone's opinion on this board. If you can't handle opposing views you need to look in the mirror to determine who should go elsewhere.

Has nothing to do with not being able to handle it. Listening to these "fickle" fans bash blame the same person for every loss becomes quite redundant.

You shouldn't think that.

GO SABRES!!!

Random thoughts:

Vanek - you HAVE to score some goals. You have been getting glorious opportunities and are letting them slip by. Gotta convert!

I only blame Miller for goal #2. He should have covered the puck. Let me ask this, why was that guy allowed to whack at it so many times? Why wasn't he deposited into the 3rd row?

Sekera is back to his old self. Bad passes and fumbling the puck at inopportune times.

Gerbe and Ennis are for real. I love their heart and desire, which is paying off for both of them.

Stafford is invisible again.

Connolly needs to shoot more.

I hope this isn't a spirit-crushing game for the team.

OK, I'm over the goals. I can't get over the reaction from Miller to the winner. This is Mr. Zen whose concentration and composure are unparalleled?

In a way, he's still the kid who cried after getting lit up by Detroit in his first game.

We all know what that reaction was all about. We'll see if he throws his teammates under the bus again in the postgame show.

Ah, I remember November, a young weave was just makin' his way into the world of Sabrespace....

(Just kidding around. I don't remember you telling anyone what they should or shouldn't post.)

:P

STOP REMEMBERING STUFF !!! IT'S REDUNDANT !!!!

OK, I'm over the goals. I can't get over the reaction from Miller to the winner. This is Mr. Zen whose concentration and composure are unparalleled?

In a way, he's still the kid who cried after getting lit up by Detroit in his first game.

We all know what that reaction was all about. We'll see if he throws his teammates under the bus again in the postgame show.

QFT.

We haven't heard about his use of the Force at all this season. Is he no longer a Jedi?

Archived