Sabres Suggestion Box

ROC Sabres

On that note though, I recall other sports teams consulting the players on the music they want to hear in-game. Playing a Center's favorite pump up song before he takes an important faceoff, etc. does a lot to energize your on ice product. I know a lot of teams do this for shootouts too, not sure if Buffalo is one of them.

So the Sabres started playing "It's raining men", they'd win more faceoffs?

Note: I'm always annoyed by the constant gay jokes, but I'll throw this suggestion out there for a few laughs.

On that note though, I recall other sports teams consulting the players on the music they want to hear in-game. Playing a Center's favorite pump up song before he takes an important faceoff, etc. does a lot to energize your on ice product. I know a lot of teams do this for shootouts too, not sure if Buffalo is one of them.

Not sure if the Sabres are still doing it this year (haven't noticed it if they are), but they'd let a player choose the warmup music and a few selections throughout the game the 2 previous years. (You couldn't have 'em choose too much of the music, we definitely couldn't have gone an entire game w/out Cotton Eyed Joe. :rolleyes: )

All I really noticed was that Lyds was into thrash metal. A couple of other ones had eclectic tastes, but none of the others really stood out to me.

I don't think Sabre fans -- or American sports fans in general -- have this in 'em.

This may be true for "regular people," but there's an ungodly amount of singing and chanting tradition ingrained in college hockey, especially in established programs. I wish there was more of that at the NHL level.

I'm really liking the crowd suggestions, i for one tried to start a USA USA USA chant at the toronto game a couple weeks ago,but got no takers.

Regardless there's got to be a better way to pump up the crowd than all those generic "Make Some Noise" bits on the scoreboard. What if they pre-recorded a stadium full of fans chanting "lets go buffalo" or something? I've noticed at games the chants kind of snowball and if not a lot of people bite early it dies out. Maybe if we started with a bigger artificial "snowball" if you will through the PA system, we'd have more takers?

There were two guys in the 300's during the Pegs debut game who tried twice in the 3rd period to get this chant going to no avail..."Here we go Terry, Here we go <clap> <clap>, Here we go Terry, Here we go <clap> <clap>". Not a single person joined in, but they kept on going each time for close to a minute. I have a feeling the beer in them was keeping them from realizing that no one was joining in.

:lol:

I'm really liking the crowd suggestions, i for one tried to start a USA USA USA chant at the toronto game a couple weeks ago,but got no takers.

Unless it's an olympic game or a world junior game, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER start a USA chant. Both teams are heavily canadian. It's just plain stupid. They try it all the time out here in Boston when Montreal is in town. One minor problem, there are significantly more americans on the Habs' roster than the Bruins'.

Unless it's an olympic game or a world junior game, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER start a USA chant. Both teams are heavily canadian. It's just plain stupid. They try it all the time out here in Boston when Montreal is in town. One minor problem, there are significantly more americans on the Habs' roster than the Bruins'.

I agree. It's the NHL....it just doesn't cross over.

Also, I've always been proud that Buffalo has always played both anthems.

Nice.

Very nice. So the deal is you can never step on the logo?

Wow, I can't say I'd ever seen a wide shot of the lockerroom. It just screams Bush League. That thing needs a makeover. More than that, a tear out and redo.

Concession prices are fine, IMO; it's the food quality that sux.

Blue, do you mean the military museum across the tracks from the Arena (apx. a 3 minute walk away, near the USS The Sullivans & the other ships)? Why would anyone throw that out? It's really nice and kind of important. Can't we put your Sabres HOF somewhere else? Or are you talking about something different?

Archived