Sabres Suggestion Box

ROC Sabres

Very nice. So the deal is you can never step on the logo?

Wow, I can't say I'd ever seen a wide shot of the lockerroom. It just screams Bush League. That thing needs a makeover. More than that, a tear out and redo.

A while back I saw a video on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette website that was basically a tour of the Penguins' new arena. The locker room was absolutely palatial. Massive hot tubs and pools and ice baths. Also interesting was that the shape of the dressing room was round rather than square, which I think is a recent trend in the newer arenas. In fact they sell some kind of luxury box/club seating with views or access to the locker room area.

After watching it I remember thinking - wow, everyone is going to want to play in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the changes to the Sabres' facilities have the same effect.

Very nice. So the deal is you can never step on the logo?

Wow, I can't say I'd ever seen a wide shot of the lockerroom. It just screams Bush League. That thing needs a makeover. More than that, a tear out and redo.

A while back I saw a video on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette website that was basically a tour of the Penguins' new arena. The locker room was absolutely palatial. Massive hot tubs and pools and ice baths. Also interesting was that the shape of the dressing room was round rather than square, which I think is a recent trend in the newer arenas. In fact they sell some kind of luxury box/club seating with views or access to the locker room area.

After watching it I remember thinking - wow, everyone is going to want to play in Pittsburgh. Hopefully the changes to the Sabres' facilities have the same effect.

That's actually not the whole locker room area -- I say area, because the "locker room" is several rooms. There are the hot tubs, ice baths, etc. that Wayne mentions, and there are a few other areas. Taken as a whole, the locker room area isn't that bad, but it could use a style update after 15 years.

We have to remember that the picture just shows the dressing area. The tubs and training room stuff are separate from that.

My friend has season tix for the Penguins and he told me about these special seats with the view to watch the players go to and from the locker room and special area... there is about 20-30 seats in the area and they are NOT available for single sale, you MUST buy every seat in the area... it's a package deal... each seat is $400-$600. I guess they are for like corporations to buy and stuff... I couldn't believe that was the price and package. They are like leather luxury seats but I can't see paying that much... AND he said it's not even "free beer" seating, just free food... for that much can they include a beer or two???

My friend has season tix for the Penguins and he told me about these special seats with the view to watch the players go to and from the locker room and special area... there is about 20-30 seats in the area and they are NOT available for single sale, you MUST buy every seat in the area... it's a package deal... each seat is $400-$600. I guess they are for like corporations to buy and stuff... I couldn't believe that was the price and package. They are like leather luxury seats but I can't see paying that much... AND he said it's not even "free beer" seating, just free food... for that much can they include a beer or two???

I get the feeling that those people are drinking wine, if anything.

That's actually not the whole locker room area -- I say area, because the "locker room" is several rooms. There are the hot tubs, ice baths, etc. that Wayne mentions, and there are a few other areas. Taken as a whole, the locker room area isn't that bad, but it could use a style update after 15 years.

Pegula isn't shooting for "isn't that bad." Or style updates. He wants the best in the league. There are probably high school programs in Minnesota that have more impressive dressing rooms.

Pegula isn't shooting for "isn't that bad." Or style updates. He wants the best in the league. There are probably high school programs in Minnesota that have more impressive dressing rooms.

It's never the dressing room that impresses though. It's all that other stuff.

Yeah, I get it; what I'm saying is that there's not as much work to be done as you might think.

And no, there are not high school programs with nicer dressing rooms.

Concession prices are fine, IMO; it's the food quality that sux.

Blue, do you mean the military museum across the tracks from the Arena (apx. a 3 minute walk away, near the USS The Sullivans & the other ships)? Why would anyone throw that out? It's really nice and kind of important. Can't we put your Sabres HOF somewhere else? Or are you talking about something different?

No. This is in the arena adjacent to Main St.

I love that he referred to it as the slug. :lol: :lol:

When all is said and done it will have to go down as one of if not the worst logos in the history of pro sports. It will be a day to celebrate when it no longer stains the arena. We now just need to get everyone that actually bought any slug merch to burn it. Here's something for the suggestion box, the Sabres store should give a 50% discount on comparable new merchandise when you turn in any slug wear.

We now just need to get everyone that actually bought any slug merch to burn it. Here's something for the suggestion box, the Sabres store should give a 50% discount on comparable new merchandise when you turn in any slug wear.

That is a GREAT idea! :thumbsup:

Two topics generated significant chatter: music and the team logo. The Sabres will change the tune for their television opening, going from the Scorpions' "Hurricane 2000" to old franchise favorite "Sabre Dance," performed by violinist Vanessa Mae. Fans can also request songs to hear in the arena.

linky(already posted upthread)

This is a pretty good sign as well. It looks like a lot of people are getting what they asked for. :thumbsup:

Imagine that... a suggestion box that management actually reads

No. This is in the arena adjacent to Main St.

I'm completely unfamiliar with this. At the end closest to Main, there's the Sabres store and that Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame display case on the ground floor, and an entrance to a private terrace on the 100 level, IIRC. Is it near one of those?

linky(already posted upthread)

This is a pretty good sign as well. It looks like a lot of people are getting what they asked for. :thumbsup:

Imagine that... a suggestion box that management actually reads

This is truly fantastic. I get goose bumps. The Sabres are becoming the people's team.

My suggestion was the Sabres Dance. Thrilled they're doing the Vanessa Mae version.

Love the "French Reconnection" and the out reach to Hasek. Bring back Patty too..

20K for the carpet.. WOW.. That's a chunk a change. Glad to see they got the red eye back which is missing from center ice logo.

When all is said and done it will have to go down as one of if not the worst logos in the history of pro sports. It will be a day to celebrate when it no longer stains the arena. We now just need to get everyone that actually bought any slug merch to burn it. Here's something for the suggestion box, the Sabres store should give a 50% discount on comparable new merchandise when you turn in any slug wear.

Can I keep my signed slug with Pommers and Vaneks john hancock on it? Or if they wanna give me 50% off and let me get it resigned I would do that and they could burn it, i'd even help.

Yeah, I get it; what I'm saying is that there's not as much work to be done as you might think.

And no, there are not high school programs with nicer dressing rooms.

I'm sure you're the authority on hanging around high school lockerrooms.

So I defer to your opinion.

I'm completely unfamiliar with this. At the end closest to Main, there's the Sabres store and that Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame display case on the ground floor, and an entrance to a private terrace on the 100 level, IIRC. Is it near one of those?

The museum entrance is past the terrace stairwell on Main St. I don't know what it was prior to the Aerospace museum going in there. Storage?

Here you go...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=hsbc+arena&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=49.444078,83.671875&ie=UTF8&hq=hsbc+arena&hnear=&ll=42.875724,-78.87752&spn=0.000637,0.002553&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=42.875846,-78.877487&panoid=zCzSsf0ljfDj6X84HjpCIw&cbp=12,122.2,,0,5.29

The museum entrance is past the terrace stairwell on Main St. I don't know what it was prior to the Aerospace museum going in there. Storage?

Here you go...

http://maps.google.c...2,122.2,,0,5.29

Google earth is scary stuff. I can almost see the camel toe on the woman in the second story window to the right of the stairs.

Archived