Sabres Suggestion Box

ROC Sabres

:thumbsup: Nice.

Now I have to hope that DTV MSG chooses to broadcast it for me. 9 times out of 10 they cut away from the postgame show after just a few minutes. It would be nice to see an entire pregame and postgame show.

Me too - every once in a while I get the postgame show, but it's a lot more common for the DTV feed to drop before the 3 stars are even announced. Really, DirecTV? I paid like $170 for CI, and the channel isn't going to be in use for another 20 hours or so on most occasions... would it kill ya to let me watch another 30 min. for the postgame (and hopefully now pregame)?

From the BN injury update article...

"Miller joined assistant equipment manager George Babcock in laying down the law: No one is allowed to walk on the logo, even though it's part of the floor.

"Georgy wasn't kidding: You'll be bleeding out of your eyes," Miller said. "Nobody's walking over the emblem. Show a little respect."

Maybe if they bury something under the logo, thus turning into a grave site. Perhaps Lalime's career ...

That's why you always have people sign the numbers on the back. Then you frame it and no one ever actually sees the logo. Then again, having multiple players sign a numbered jersey doesn't quite look right.

there are no numbers on the back it was a slug only jersey... I will frame her and ask for a new one for my b-day... maybe at puck drop 2011 i can get it signed.

I didn't read the entire thread so if this has been mention I will apologize in advance.

After reading Eleven's account of his trip to Toronto, I would like for there to be an actual Sabres HOF at the arena or at least near by. It can be a multi-functional facility with card/memorabilia shows or other functions like dinner hosted by the French Connection.

Since Terry Pegula is about re-connecting with the Alumni, how about having Alumni hosting individual games? They can welcome the crowd and announce the lineups and host any between period activities.

I didn't read the entire thread so if this has been mention I will apologize in advance.

After reading Eleven's account of his trip to Toronto, I would like for there to be an actual Sabres HOF at the arena or at least near by. It can be a multi-functional facility with card/memorabilia shows or other functions like dinner hosted by the French Connection.

Since Terry Pegula is about re-connecting with the Alumni, how about having Alumni hosting individual games? They can welcome the crowd and announce the lineups and host any between period activities.

I'm all over the HoF(see my post early in this thread). It is part of my list that went to Black and Pegs.

I submitted something one of the first few days about the web site sucking, i mentioned it lacked a lot of original content and went on in details on how to improve it and sabres.com has been improved since, so maybe they listened to me as well, which is cool, or maybe it was already in their plans or just a coincidence, either way, Sabres send me a discount offer for either the Devils or NYR games! Very cool!!!

Me too - every once in a while I get the postgame show, but it's a lot more common for the DTV feed to drop before the 3 stars are even announced. Really, DirecTV? I paid like $170 for CI, and the channel isn't going to be in use for another 20 hours or so on most occasions... would it kill ya to let me watch another 30 min. for the postgame (and hopefully now pregame)?

Same here. On the rare occasions when DTV "forgets" to cut the feed, we get the postgame. We get so excited for the bonus. Really wish they could just let us have it, along with the new pre-game...but something tells me they won't.

Insider email came in (to all insider recipients or just suggestors?) with ticket offer for $20 off 300 Level II tickets against Devils and/or Rangers.

I subbed about five separate suggestions sometime last week: a new downtown practice facility like LA's Toyota Sports Center, expand the Road Crew to the Western Conference, more little kid hockey between periods, atrium video board, local restaurants for concessions.

Just a thought. Is this what keeps Toronto fans (besides the biz fans) involved in the bandwagon? The promise? The media hype of something new? Let's see if it works? Sure the "experience is better" but does it translate to on ice performance? On ice perfromance? r they really better? or is it in ur head? Thanks for the app. night, programs, and such. How 'bout a cup Pegs?

Just a thought. Is this what keeps Toronto fans (besides the biz fans) involved in the bandwagon? The promise? The media hype of something new? Let's see if it works? Sure the "experience is better" but does it translate to on ice performance? On ice perfromance? r they really better? or is it in ur head? Thanks for the app. night, programs, and such. How 'bout a cup Pegs?

It's the honeymoon. Enjoy it. Even I'm kicking back in the fancy robe and drinking the champagne.

But you're right. A year from now, if the team hasn't taken big strides, people will see it for what it is.

Opening the suggestion box, vol. 2

A little redundant with the last one, but still love that they are following up these things and responding so quickly.

The final one from this week - posting a PDF of the Game Notes on the website - no one should have even had to suggest that. That's something teams should do anyway.

The final one from this week - posting a PDF of the Game Notes on the website - no one should have even had to suggest that. That's something teams should do anyway.

They always did. They are now going to post the new program in pdf.

They always did. They are now going to post the new program in pdf.

:oops: Misread Game Night as Game Notes. That's what I get for posting late at night at the end of a long week.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI...I had typed up a letter which contained suggestions similar to my earlier post in this thread and mailed it 7-10 days ago. I just received a hand written thank you note from Ted Black. It is nice to see that they are not only taking the suggestions seriously(not just mine, but also the ones received on the website), but also taking the time to acknowledge the suggestions.

:thumbsup:

I sent in my suggestion about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I (along with other Sabre fans) were really upset when we learned that the Road Crew wouldn't be making a stop in Raleigh this year. It basically said how bummed we were when Raleigh probably draws their largest away game crowd & we were all looking forward to showing our support at the Tour stop. I wonder why they only had 2 stops this year, I know Raleigh draws a big crowd. But hopefully they'll take my suggestion to heart & they'll be back next year :)

• 2 weeks later...

3. Throw that aerospace museum out(located on the Main St. side of the arena) and put in a first class Sabres HoF that is included with your ticket price. Whether it goes there or somewhere else in the arena, it should have access from inside the turnstiles. That display they have by the Sabres store and at the top of the escalators is embarrassing. They should also have arena tours. They cost very little to conduct and are very interesting if done well and a lot of behind the scenes looks(press box, locker room, training areas, etc...) are included.

I found this link on another hockey website. I wonder if Ted liked my idea(see above) which I included in the letter I sent to him last month. :blush:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2011/04/05/aerospace-museum-to-depart-hsbc-arena.html

I found this link on another hockey website. I wonder if Ted liked my idea(see above) which I included in the letter I sent to him last month. :blush:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2011/04/05/aerospace-museum-to-depart-hsbc-arena.html

I heard this story on the radio on the way into work this AM. Was going to post it but forgot. :oops:

Archived