Game Discussion Thread

Realist

-4 game home losing streak

-new owner

-a must win game

-Atlanta stinks

I honesly believe the players will play inspired. Buffalo fans are superstitious and ritualistic - we all believe that something like new ownership is going to change the world, and give our team momentum for the rest of the year.

Buffalo wins tonight 9-3

Pegula was just on WGR with his crew and they said if you are allergic to goosebumps, you might not want to be there for this one.....I did not pick this game as one of my 21 games during the ticket draft but you better damn well believe I just bought a single seat at Center ice after I heard that comment.......

Yes, huge game tonight obviously. You would think there would be something symbolic pre-game to show the fans that a new era has arrived.

Hope it's not pre-game in front of 11,000 people. I'd be thinking more along the lines of during the first commercial break. Let the tension build a little.

Tear down the slugs!

Tear down the slugs!

Tear down the slugs!

Absolutely. I sent a text to WGR yesterday about making HSBC slug free when they were asking for things that fans would like to see done. The host mentioned later that tearing down the slugs was far and away the #1 request from fans. How great would that be if fans walked in tonight and those abominations were gone entirely.

Absolutely. I sent a text to WGR yesterday about making HSBC slug free when they were asking for things that fans would like to see done. The host mentioned later that tearing down the slugs was far and away the #1 request from fans. How great would that be if fans walked in tonight and those abominations were gone entirely.

It would be pretty ###### sweet. :thumbsup:

Well back to what this is all about, winning hockey games.

Wish I still worked and lived in Bflo so I could have bought a ticket to the first game of the new era like Callaway. I have to be content to watch on my direct tv Center Ice.

I hope they show some of the pregame hype to see what Pegs has in store for his first game as owner. Let's just hope the players are not too caught up in all the hoopla and come out and play like men possessed on getting this mission started.

Lets' go Buff'a'lo and lets get it started the right way.

Lets' make your new Daddy Warbucks proud of his new team.

He could tell maintenance to at least cover them up with a curtain or something.

PTR

I know everyone's excited about Pegs, but we still have a real must win game tonight against Atlanta. Hopefully the boys are excited as we are and come out smokin'.

And that's the real question - Are they even capable of being excited?

Sorry, don't mean to bitch and moan, obviously there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic, I just don't think the current team has "it".

Either way.... And this is from the heart .....

GO SABRES!

And that's the real question - Are they even capable of being excited?

Sorry, don't mean to bitch and moan, obviously there's a lot of reasons to be optimistic, I just don't think the current team has "it".

Either way.... And this is from the heart .....

GO SABRES!

Even if they dump players like Connelly and Montador at the deadline we are still only 5 points out of 8th and 8 points out of 7th. I think even with kids from Portland called up we can still make it.

PTR

According to Hamilton's report:

Vanek back to right wing with Ennis on left. No mention of who is centering but I would have to guess Hecht.

Pommers moved to left wing with Timmy and Staff.

Other two lines are same story as usual I'm guessing.

And I just saw that Rivet was put on waivers??? Dunno if that is true or just someone saying they wanted it to happen.

EDIT:

Guess so. link

According to Hamilton's report:

Vanek back to right wing with Ennis on left. No mention of who is centering but I would have to guess Hecht.

Pommers moved to left wing with Timmy and Staff.

Other two lines are same story as usual I'm guessing.

And I just saw that Rivet was put on waivers??? Dunno if that is true or just someone saying they wanted it to happen.

<Maury opens the envelope>

It was said he was put on waivers and that is True.

I know this game is important, but please Tin Man don't go out and think you have something to prove to the new owner and get hurt. You are much more valuable as trade bait.

Disagree - Whatever makes Timmy go away, be it a trade, injury, or a freakin' alien abduction, I'm all for it.

This team looks so much better with Timmy out of the lineup.

Archived