GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Enroth or Lalime tonight? Personally hoping that Enroth gets the call. He had a few good games before the end of his last stay and has been busy in Portland. I think him being active and Lalime sitting for so long outweighs the experience issue. Hopefully the offense comes out to support either goalie by putting a 4 or 5 spot on Mr. Price. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Enroth or Lalime tonight? Personally hoping that Enroth gets the call. He had a few good games before the end of his last stay and has been busy in Portland. I think him being active and Lalime sitting for so long outweighs the experience issue. Hopefully the offense comes out to support either goalie by putting a 4 or 5 spot on Mr. Price. LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

:rolleyes:

I would say one point out of this one would be a HUGE accomplishment. For some reason, this is just one of those games I see us getting worked over. Carolina, Atlanta and NY are all idle so a win would be mammoth. I am seeing a loss tonight with wins on Wed and Friday. Why I look at Montreal and see them as a much better team, I don't know.....

Cool that management actually responded to an issue with the team for once. I just hope Enroth doesn't have a bad game and hand away these points. A loss tonight essentially means we lose all the ground we made up last week. And then what, Miller goes against Toronto? How much is 24 hours going to do for him that the past 48 haven't? I guess only Miller knows.

Barnaby was on NHL PowerPlay radio show yesterday and was giving it to Sabres fans a little bit. Excuse the paraphrasing but he "warned" the fans of Buffalo not to be to harsh on Miller, because he "took a home town discount to play in Buffalo" and we wouldn't want to get on his bad side and have him "wanting out." Seriously? Fans aren't allowed to give their so-called superstar goalie a little criticism after he plays a terrible game in crunch time of an overall terrible season for him? I didn't know this was middle school. Ironic that in the same segment they were upset w/ Mario for his "take my ball and go home" mentality regarding his statements about how the league failed in punishing the players involved in Friday's brawl.

Here we go another chance to wash away or add to the pain of the last game.

I'm voting for wash away.

I will say Price has been playing solid and I do not expect a high scoring game like Sunday. I expect a 2-1 defense first fest.

First chance to get a glimpse of this so called schedule Lindy has worked out with Ryan.

Let's Go Buff'a'lo.

Cool that management actually responded to an issue with the team for once. I just hope Enroth doesn't have a bad game and hand away these points. A loss tonight essentially means we lose all the ground we made up last week. And then what, Miller goes against Toronto? How much is 24 hours going to do for him that the past 48 haven't? I guess only Miller knows.

Barnaby was on NHL PowerPlay radio show yesterday and was giving it to Sabres fans a little bit. Excuse the paraphrasing but he "warned" the fans of Buffalo not to be to harsh on Miller, because he "took a home town discount to play in Buffalo" and we wouldn't want to get on his bad side and have him "wanting out." Seriously? Fans aren't allowed to give their so-called superstar goalie a little criticism after he plays a terrible game in crunch time of an overall terrible season for him? I didn't know this was middle school. Ironic that in the same segment they were upset w/ Mario for his "take my ball and go home" mentality regarding his statements about how the league failed in punishing the players involved in Friday's brawl.

i didn't hear the comments, but I think this is more of a be careful what you wish for in regard to Miller. Yes, he should be above all the criticism and he hasnt had a prticularly good season, but despite all that he still gives the Sabres their best chance in net. You're delusional if you think that Lalime, Enroth or anyone the Sabres could pick up at the deadline gives them a better shot.

Lindy says Enroth is with the team and starting tonight. Won't confirm that Enroth is the true backup. Says that Enroth will go up and down playing his games in Portland too.

And Sullivan publishes an article at 10:30 last night, long after the reports of Enroth's call up were public, suggesting Ruff should do just that. What a tool. I find most of his stuff interesting, but that is a true douche bag maneuver.

i didn't hear the comments, but I think this is more of a be careful what you wish for in regard to Miller. Yes, he should be above all the criticism and he hasnt had a prticularly good season, but despite all that he still gives the Sabres their best chance in net. You're delusional if you think that Lalime, Enroth or anyone the Sabres could pick up at the deadline gives them a better shot.

Well the comments weren't in reference to someone saying they should trade Miller or anything. The topic was actually about the little clash with reporters after the Islanders game, where fans were and reporters alike were criticizing Miller for his post-game antics as well as just general poor play this season.

Lindy says Enroth is with the team and starting tonight. Won't confirm that Enroth is the true backup. Says that Enroth will go up and down playing his games in Portland too.

That is a fairly significant development. Clearly Lindy agrees that Miller needs a rest.

The Bell Centre is a heckuva place to stick a rookie in an important late-season game.

Regardless of what happens tonight, I expect Miller to come back focused and PO'd tomorrow night.

And Sullivan publishes an article at 10:30 last night, long after the reports of Enroth's call up were public, suggesting Ruff should do just that. What a tool. I find most of his stuff interesting, but that is a true douche bag maneuver.

Thats the guys schtick, his only goal is to rile fans up and being a tuesday morning QB.

Miller might be tired but he just had a week + off so he should be rested. He's just having a bad year.

FYI, Price who is playing tonight, has played in more games than miller but has better numbers. So do Fluery, Kipper, Ward

It depends on the definition of "true backup". Enroth is the guy that will get the secondary starts, but Lalime is still the guy that will come in mid-game to spell Miller if he's having a bad night.

It depends on the definition of "true backup". Enroth is the guy that will get the secondary starts, but Lalime is still the guy that will come in mid-game to spell Miller if he's having a bad night.

This seems to be the only reason why they ven have Lalime sitting on the bench. Just in case of a Miller injury and they are forced to put him in.

ENROTH to start tonite. I find it amusing that LINDY says this is not a knee jerk reaction, that it is a scheduled rest. Come on man, you schedule a night off for your starter against a team that is 10 points ahead of you instead of 1 of the 2 games against inferior opponents that sandwiched tonights game ? Does he really think that fans are that stupid to believe that, or maybe we should believe that's the plan in LINDY's bizzaro world of doing things ass backwards. :doh:

Said on WGR this morning. And Miller slated to return tomorrow.

I don't get it. Lindy didn't want to reveal his starting goalie yesterday but blurts it out on the radio this morning.

Wouldn't there be some strategic advantage to not revealing the starter publicly?

Lindy is a logical hound's breakfast. He makes a mean Barbasol meringue pie, though!

Said on WGR this morning. And Miller slated to return tomorrow.

I don't get it. Lindy didn't want to reveal his starting goalie yesterday but blurts it out on the radio this morning.

Wouldn't there be some strategic advantage to not revealing the starter publicly?

Lindy is a logical hound's breakfast. He makes a mean Barbasol meringue pie, though!

Me thinks it was more a dig against TBN. He wanted to announce it at GR and leave the TBN guys out 2 dry.

Me thinks it was more a dig against TBN. He wanted to announce it at GR and leave the TBN guys out 2 dry.

Yes. I think the relationship between TBN and the Organ-i-zation has become slightly toxic. Expect to see more scathing article written by the the depressing duo of fictional accountability.

ENROTH to start tonite. I find it amusing that LINDY says this is not a knee jerk reaction, that it is a scheduled rest. Come on man, you schedule a night off for your starter against a team that is 10 points ahead of you instead of 1 of the 2 games against inferior opponents that sandwiched tonights game ? Does he really think that fans are that stupid to believe that, or maybe we should believe that's the plan in LINDY's bizzaro world of doing things ass backwards. :doh:

You can always make the argument that you play your better goaltender against the weaker opponents giving you a really high chance of winning, where you put your backup against a better team since you're less likely to win to begin with. It's all about maximizing points. If you put Miller v. Montreal and Enroth/Lalime v. Toronto, it's a toss up who will win each game; the other way around Miller *should* win v. Toronto hands-down and maybe you manage a point or two against Montreal.

Archived