GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

ENROTH to start tonite. I find it amusing that LINDY says this is not a knee jerk reaction, that it is a scheduled rest. Come on man, you schedule a night off for your starter against a team that is 10 points ahead of you instead of 1 of the 2 games against inferior opponents that sandwiched tonights game ? Does he really think that fans are that stupid to believe that, or maybe we should believe that's the plan in LINDY's bizzaro world of doing things ass backwards. :doh:

A very weird critisism IMO.

Miller was going to sit one of the two games. Pick one.

To me it confirms what I've suspected. Enroth is the #2.

Said on WGR this morning. And Miller slated to return tomorrow.

I don't get it. Lindy didn't want to reveal his starting goalie yesterday but blurts it out on the radio this morning.

Wouldn't there be some strategic advantage to not revealing the starter publicly?

Lindy is a logical hound's breakfast. He makes a mean Barbasol meringue pie, though!

Montreal media already knew Enroth was in town. The only reason to have him in town is to play him.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/315037.html

Miller is not dressing for the game> LaLime will be on the bench.

Byron still in town. After the atrocious game Kaleta had I'd rather see Byron.

So then Montador must still be on IR because 3 goalies, 13 forwards, and 8 d-men would put them over the roster limit.

This is about a big a game tonight against Montreal as it gets, for both teams, which isn't necessarily a great thing for Buffalo. This is the type of game that can define the season for the Sabes, it is a must win. Win this game, you have a dog fight night playing against a weak Toronna team, with a rested Miller, for 8th seed. This is it for Buffalo, it is tonight or no night to make our push, big games are need by numerous players, and a lot is resting on young Enroth's shoulders....Personally I thought Kaleta played well, he was physical, made a couple niffty moves, and did what he does best, pester, he looked like he played with speed, lindy thought otherwise. Don't get down on miller, tough games are had by all, especially after 31 straight, a rest is needed, why did Lindy wait so long???????

BY THE PADDLE OF ETHRON.

I found this. While Ethron is small for the NHL...he is actually big for his kind:

"Ethron are slightly shorter then most in Avendar, the tallest hardly reaching over five feet. The hold a greenish tint to their skin, and are usually rather robust. Most tend to be a kind people, often helpful and slow to anger. This is however, not always the case, as every race has it's exceptions."

Can someone Please PLEase PLEEEEASe explain to me why Enroth is not the full time back-up. I put it this way, if lalime were playing tonight, i might be inclined not even to watch...I still would but with much less excitement....right now I am pumped to see enroth in the net, I like where this kid is going, hell I would rather see the Buffalo native Leggio in instead of lalime...who is with me??

I found this. While Ethron is small for the NHL...he is actually big for his kind:

"Ethron are slightly shorter then most in Avendar, the tallest hardly reaching over five feet. The hold a greenish tint to their skin, and are usually rather robust. Most tend to be a kind people, often helpful and slow to anger. This is however, not always the case, as every race has it's exceptions."

Great, now we have Paul Gaustad in goal? I wan't freakin' passion, a guy who'll get pissed and throw his glove at the ref, goddammit! :clapping:

Can someone Please PLEase PLEEEEASe explain to me why Enroth is not the full time back-up. I put it this way, if lalime were playing tonight, i might be inclined not even to watch...I still would but with much less excitement....right now I am pumped to see enroth in the net, I like where this kid is going, hell I would rather see the Buffalo native Leggio in instead of lalime...who is with me??

Goalies generally don't progress well if they only play a couple times a month. It's more important to have Enroth playing lots of games in the AHL than to have him be a spectator for all but 10 games a year.

ALSO: VERSUS GAME (woo! since I can see it)

I think it is a matter of playing time.

He's #2. Only in Portland to keep him sharp.

Canadiens lines:

FIRST LINE:

—LW Max Pacioretty, C Tomas Plekanec, RW Brian Gionta

SECOND LINE:

—LW Andrei Kostitsyn, C Scott Gomez, RW Travis Moen

THIRD LINE:

—LW Ryan White, C David Desharnais, RW Benoit Pouliot

FOURTH LINE

—LW Tom Pyatt, C Jeff Halpern, RW Lars Eller

Moen on the 2nd line? Halpern on the 4th?

This should be a wide-open game.

Which probably means it will be a 2-1 OT game?

Biggest reason - development.

If Enroth was here for the past 2 years instead of LaLime he would have played 23 games. 23. That's how many LaLime played over the last 2 seasons. Maybe Lindy would have played Enroth more, who knows.

Enroth has played 106 games in the past two years. Much better for development.

Because he needs lots of playing time to develop and he won't get it here.

Because he needs lots of playing time to develop and he won't get it here.

When is he going to get it in Buffalo? Same question for chz.

Enroth's numbers in Portland aren't that great. Paradoxically, he might have outgrown the AHL. Bored?

How is this going to work if they think Enroth is ready for the bigs? Miller 50 games, Enroth 32? Hard to imagine.

When is he going to get it in Buffalo? Same question for chz.

Enroth's numbers in Portland aren't that great. Paradoxically, he might have outgrown the AHL. Bored?

How is this going to work if they think Enroth is ready for the bigs? Miller 50 games, Enroth 32? Hard to imagine.

They'll sign someone else next year and Enroth will continue to play in Portland. He still won't have to clear waivers next year.

Archived