2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Anyone else see Brian Burke's interview on NHL Network last night? He talks about getting out in front of the pack, getting a head start on the other teams and addressing what he wants to address while the players are still available. Here's a link to an article about the interview.

His deals may not always work out, but you have to admire the effort. Quite a change from old Darcy with his thumb up his a$$ waiting for the market to be set - Burke is out setting the market, and nothing but scraps will be left for Darcy, as per usual.

Anyone else see Brian Burke's interview on NHL Network last night? He talks about getting out in front of the pack, getting a head start on the other teams and addressing what he wants to address while the players are still available. Here's a link to an article about the interview.

His deals may not always work out, but you have to admire the effort. Quite a change from old Darcy with his thumb up his a$$ waiting for the market to be set - Burke is out setting the market, and nothing but scraps will be left for Darcy, as per usual.

and the Leafs still suck. Go figure.

I expected quicker success from Burke. I love his aggressiveness. IMO he's spot on about getting out in front of everyone else, even if his personnel and trade choices haven't always panned out.

I expected quicker success from Burke. I love his aggressiveness. IMO he's spot on about getting out in front of everyone else, even if his personnel and trade choices haven't always panned out.

Agreed - I like his methods - its his choices that are suspect at the moment. Lupul could be a good pick up for them if he is healthy

Burke is setting the market. However they are no closer to being a good team than when Burke came three years ago.

He decided to build a team around his defense and goaltending. That failed. Now he's trying to fill his lines.

It is the luxury of being out of the playoffs so early.

Of course if the Sabres traded yesterday....say....Montador for Lupul, I think people would be quick to point out that Darcy just traded a guy with value for a guy with chronic back problems.

No one who has a wife says that.

The front page article in the Tennessean (local Nashville newspaper) has an interesting headline! http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110210/SPORTS02/110210020/Predators-acquire-Carrie-Underwood-s-husband?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"Predators acquire Carrie Underwood's husband" :wallbash:

I really like this move for the Preds, BTW.

Burke is setting the market. However they are no closer to being a good team than when Burke came three years ago.

He decided to build a team around his defense and goaltending. That failed. Now he's trying to fill his lines.

It is the luxury of being out of the playoffs so early.

Of course if the Sabres traded yesterday....say....Montador for Lupul, I think people would be quick to point out that Darcy just traded a guy with value for a guy with chronic back problems.

We would all still be in shock that Darcy did anything before the market was set, much less pick up a big top six forward with a history of scoring goals. Did I mention he is a full size human?

We would all still be in shock that Darcy did anything before the market was set, much less pick up a big top six forward with a history of scoring goals. Did I mention he is a full size human?

Top 6 is generous. He will probably have that chance in Toronto, though.

I hope Burke is in Toronto forever. I really do.

(although I have to say, I wouldn't have minded if Darcy had picked up Frolik)

The front page article in the Tennessean (local Nashville newspaper) has an interesting headline! http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110210/SPORTS02/110210020/Predators-acquire-Carrie-Underwood-s-husband?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

"Predators acquire Carrie Underwood's husband" :wallbash:

I really like this move for the Preds, BTW.

LOL! wow...

28 goals as a rookie, I think? He has the ability, and he is certainly top six in TO. The move to Toronto is good for lupul. He will get a ton of ice time and a chance to spread his wings.

(although I have to say, I wouldn't have minded if Darcy had picked up Frolik)

I disagree. I believe he must be a top 6 player for him to be at full potential. He played mostly on the third line with the Ducks. I think he could turn it around, he'll play with better players and in a more offensive system. Just look at what Clarke MacArthur has done. I think Lupul can be a real good player for them.

28 goals as a rookie, I think? He has the ability, and he is certainly top six in TO. The move to Toronto is good for lupul. He will get a ton of ice time and a chance to spread his wings.

I think he used to play on a line with MacArthur in juniors.

They will get goals.......and a minus -40. :D

It's not a move that worries me. And I'm not disagreeing that Burke is the antithesis

of Darcy. Blustery and Proactive (in his mind anyway) while Darcy is Introverted and Patient.

MacArthur, Lupul, Kessle, Kulimin - none of them worry me on a top 6.

Archived