GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Tampa is something of a mystery to me and a statistical enigma. They somehow manage to have the conference's 3rd best record, and yet only have a goal differential of +2. So how much is luck playing into that? Not trying to take anything away from their accomplishments thus far, but at some point you start losing some of those 1 goal games.

Atlanta and NYR continue to slump, both losing yesterday. A win here would be pretty big.

Getting this game to OT would be fine with me although I certainly hope that is not THEIR mindset. This game could go soooooo far into getting them into playoff position with Florida and the Isles coming up. With new ownership, I hope everyone who was hoping this team would tank as low as possible is on board for the playoff push. COME OUT STRONG!!!! Miller, we want your Olympic performance for these big ones......

Florida has not been good to Buffalo in the past, this two game road trip can really change the season. Come out of Florida with 2 wins, the Sabres will be seen playing in late April, split the games we are still going to be battling to make the playoffs, if we lose both, time to round up draft picks.

Florida has not been good to Buffalo in the past, this two game road trip can really change the season. Come out of Florida with 2 wins, the Sabres will be seen playing in late April, split the games we are still going to be battling to make the playoffs, if we lose both, time to round up draft picks.

Couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel about these upcoming games. Unfortunately, we haven't had much luck in Florida recently.

What's the weather like there???

It's a shame Buffalo doesn't have a baseball team; our broadcast team could point out that it's 78 and mild humidity outside while Tampa is 93 and 80% humidity.

Could the GDT starters do us exclusive phone posters a favor and include the teams in the post in addition to the sub-title area. We can't see it!!

Or at least a date. I've noticed that when looking at the sabrespace front page and there's back to back games, they're both just GAME DISCUSSION THREAD.

It's a shame Buffalo doesn't have a baseball team; our broadcast team could point out that it's 78 and mild humidity outside while Tampa is 93 and 80% humidity.

Or at least a date. I've noticed that when looking at the sabrespace front page and there's back to back games, they're both just GAME DISCUSSION THREAD.

Only one GDT should have the words "pinned" next to it. That'll b the current game.

Could the GDT starters do us exclusive phone posters a favor and include the teams in the post in addition to the sub-title area. We can't see it!!

Consider it dun.

FWIW, anyone can start a GDT, we'll pin it if we see it up. Try to use the same format so posters know whatswhat.

No GDT's before midnight. Just bad karma.

You heard right. 5 regulation losses at home.

Wow, St. Louis and Stamkos are averaging 20 minutes of ice time a game. St. Louis is getting 20:50 and Stamkos is skating for 20:02.

It's going to take a lot of heads-up smart hockey to contain those two for 20 minutes +.

Just for reference, Victor Hedman, their number 1 D-man is getting 21:13.

Link

The Lightning unveiled their new uniforms last week and I guess the new logo is already at center ice.

It's a lightning bolt in a circle.

So be on the lookout for that.

Yeah, they unveiled the new unis and logo, and have placed the logo everywhere - center ice, tv broadcasts, play-by-play guy's shirt, gave the fans free t-shits with the new logo, and they even replaced the awnings the cover the path to the dressing room. Jerseys won't change until next year, but everything else is good as done.

Couple things-

-Steve Montador OUT; Chris Butler IN per wgr

-Steven Stamkos celebrated his 21st birthday yesterday, so maybe, just maybe he went out crazy last night and will be hungover tonight for the game? Doubt it, it just seems like something only our players would do.

-Brian Engblom makes his debut "inbetween the benches" tonight on versus. When NBC took over versus operations, they are changing a lot of things, line putting a guy inbetween the benches, as they did last night with Pierre.

Buffalo has 3 Wins and 4 Losses this year in games following a win by 3 goals or more. That is not such a great stat, Buffalo has played Tampa relatively close this year with losses of 2-1 and 3-1. Buffalo needs to have that some quick strike mentality we saw in the Toronto game and we may be able to show old Rollie the Goalie why he use to be third string in the Queen City, from my recollection Dwayne struggles when he gets behind the 8-ball.

Couple things-

-Steve Montador OUT; Chris Butler IN per wgr

-Steven Stamkos celebrated his 21st birthday yesterday, so maybe, just maybe he went out crazy last night and will be hungover tonight for the game? Doubt it, it just seems like something only our players would do.

-Brian Engblom makes his debut "inbetween the benches" tonight on versus. When NBC took over versus operations, they are changing a lot of things, line putting a guy inbetween the benches, as they did last night with Pierre.

Tim Connolly probably went out crazy last night because it was Stamkos's birthday.

Archived