Roy out 4-6 months

darksabre

"apparent left knee injury"

I like Harrington, but, Mike, please stop trying to be Bucky.

That said, if it gets the Sabres closer to the top pick, it might not be a bad thing. Of course I feel bad for Derek.

Now, given how Miller seems to be having trouble getting around the crease, let's get this guy on injured reserve too and go for the gold!

Bad news for Roy. Good news for Luke Adam.

This is going to make watching Sabres games even harder. I just hope I don't hear about Roy's injury as an excuse for missing the playoffs at seasons' end.

Let's just hope Connolly is back before we have to resort to watching that slow teddy bear skate

Ah, crap. Wasn't even planning on getting online today but this is the first thing I saw when I went to SabreSpace. :cry:

I agree with weave - this team has used injuries as an excuse far too much and I don't want them doing "tweaks" again this offseason rather than the overhaul that is needed. GD, now we're missing both our top centers and that is the position where we have the least depth. Vanek, if ever there was a time to step up and be a leader, now is it!!!

"apparent left knee injury"

I like Harrington, but, Mike, please stop trying to be Bucky.

That said, if it gets the Sabres closer to the top pick, it might not be a bad thing. Of course I feel bad for Derek.

Now, given how Miller seems to be having trouble getting around the crease, let's get this guy on injured reserve too and go for the gold!

LOL dude the Sabres aren't God's gift but they aren't the Bills... don't carry over that mentality on to this board. That made me me chuckle though hahaha :-)

LOL dude the Sabres aren't God's gift but they aren't the Bills... don't carry over that mentality on to this board. That made me me chuckle though hahaha :-)

You're right, the Bills are at least willing to make moves.

This is a bad injury, but as others have said, it doesn't change their playoff fortunes at all. They weren't going to make it to the playoffs with Roy.

This is a point where players like Grier, Hecht and Gaustad need to be moved for prospects and picks. It's time to load up on assets for the future. It might be time to start floating Miller's name around the league and see what he can fetch you in return.

You're right, the Bills are at least willing to make moves.

This is a bad injury, but as others have said, it doesn't change their playoff fortunes at all. They weren't going to make it to the playoffs with Roy.

This is a point where players like Grier, Hecht and Gaustad need to be moved for prospects and picks. It's time to load up on assets for the future. It might be time to start floating Miller's name around the league and see what he can fetch you in return.

I agree. Time to blow it up. But start at the top because I don't trust my team in Regiers hands.

I don't think it is necessarily a problem. If both parties see it as a good. It's like resurfacing the driveway before the house is sold.

Driveway? I hope the new owner is willing to fix the cracks in the foundation of this franchise. Status Quo is the black mold of this house that Golisano built. Any new owner is going to have a hell of job ahead of them. This team is nowhere near being a contender.

Archived