Roy out 4-6 months

darksabre

I can't limit where a discussion goes, but I can ask the same few people who redirect nearly every thread to stop doing so. Up to them, I suppose, as to whether they do.

A thread about Derek Roy's injury should remain about that.

There are plenty of opportunities to bitch about Ruff, Regier, Quinn, and/or Golisano. It doesn't have to be in every thread, and it doesn't belong in every thread.

It's what people want to talk about. Do you think this thread would have five pages otherwise? I think it shows that most people don't consider the Roy injury significant enough to talk about. Maybe if this team was in a position to contend for a playoff spot the story would have more pop. It's like the Lee Evans injury. If the Bills were contenders it would be a bigger story.

A solution to the problem may be to have a couple of pinned threads. One for management and one for ownership. Maybe that will keep those conversations out of the meaningless threads and you wouldn't have to scan through them to find the two or three posts about Roy's injury.

Swamp I gots mad love and respect but you have to at least consider the possibility that now (once ownership takes over might be more timely) would be a great time for the Sabres to evaluate their franchise. Recognize who the core is and build around them. Imagine a team that looks like this: (absolute fantasy on my part but one can dream)

Vanek-Roy-Kassian

Ennis-Richards(UFA)-Moulson(UFA)

Foligno-Adam-Cole(UFA)

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta

Myers-McCabe(UFA)

Leopold-Morrisson

Sekera-Weber

extras: Butler/Gerbe

I don't think this is too far out of the realm of possibility. Move Pominville, Hecht at the deadline this year, the rest are UFA & RFA.

Nice job Ink. This is the very veteran leadership I wish the Sabres had. Way to bring it back to hockey and not bickering over semantics.

I like your line up and I think you can move Pominville as well. Maybe re-sign (or not) Stafford then package them. Stafford's been playing pretty good and I could see someone wanting him.

I think my initial statement came from the fact that this is the very selling and re-evaluation that should have taken place over the Summer and didn't. It took Roy getting hurt on a 12th place team for most people to realize that this team is a disaster. I'm convinced more and more that none of this can get done until Ruff and Regier are gone (sorry, Eleven, that's just where it leads me), otherwise it already would have. 13 is enough.

Nice job Ink. This is the very veteran leadership I wish the Sabres had. Way to bring it back to hockey and not bickering over semantics.

I like your line up and I think you can move Pominville as well. Maybe re-sign (or not) Stafford then package them. Stafford's been playing pretty good and I could see someone wanting him.

I think my initial statement came from the fact that this is the very selling and re-evaluation that should have taken place over the Summer and didn't. It took Roy getting hurt on a 12th place team for most people to realize that this team is a disaster. I'm convinced more and more that none of this can get done until Ruff and Regier are gone (sorry, Eleven, that's just where it leads me), otherwise it already would have. 13 is enough.

Actually a lot of us realized after last years playoff debacle that this team was and is a disaster but nobody seemed to care or listen and of course Regier and Ruff apparently believed we were still legitimate contenders ( go figure ).

• 1 month later...

Anyone else hear the announcers last night? Said that Lindy told them Roy is walking without a cane now. Could b back in May.

hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Prolly just my hearing aid on the fritz, but I thought they said walking with a cane. I immediately had an image of Roy the Pimp in a purple velour suit and a diamond studded cane.

Prolly just my hearing aid on the fritz, but I thought they said walking with a cane. I immediately had an image of Roy the Pimp in a purple velour suit and a diamond studded cane.

Now I'm waiting for chz to dig up some pics off of twitter or facebook or something showing Roy in his pimp suit.

• 1 month later...

Maybe Roy can make it in time for the middle of the first round (which we still need to work hard to make) Either way I would love to see him with boyes, I think Roy's puck holding skills and Boyes rebound finding skills would fit nicely.

Harrington: Derek Roy: "Today I took a big step, started skating hard and got my heart rate up." Still aiming for round 2.

FWIW, Lindy didn't know Roy was skating today.

Sounds like the proverbial carrot being dangled in front of the team as doubt creeps in.

"Psst....you hear?...Roysie's out there shootin pucks and skatin hard."

"Yeah?"

"Right on, eh"

"He comin' back for the playoffs?"

"They're saying second round....we knock off those cheesteak hosers and the cavalry's comin."

"Well whadda ya say we strap it on good tonight? It's aboot time we put this thing away!!!"

Sounds like the proverbial carrot being dangled in front of the team as doubt creeps in.

"Psst....you hear?...Roysie's out there shootin pucks and skatin hard."

"Yeah?"

"Right on, eh"

"He comin' back for the playoffs?"

"They're saying second round....we knock of those cheesteak hosers and the cavalry's comin."

"Well whadda ya say we strap it on good tonight? It's aboot time we put this thing away!!!"

In my head it sounded like a conversation between Bob and Doug McKenzie.

And go figure, a conversation about Roy where strap on is mentioned.

Cool. Strap on made it past the filter.

It has been 4 months and 1 week since the injury, so he is at the beginning of the return timetable I guess. If he can come back 85% of where he was in December, I'd take him back with our problems at center.

Three months since the surgery. team Doctor said he'd be on the ice in three months and ready 4-6 months. Having him back can't hurt IMO.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/roy-takes-big-step-in-first-major-on-ice-session.html

Three months since the surgery. team Doctor said he'd be on the ice in three months and ready 4-6 months. Having him back can't hurt IMO.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/03/roy-takes-big-step-in-first-major-on-ice-session.html

I like this part:

Roy admitted he's not doing turns or stops and starts and doing mostly straight-ahead skating.

So did he just go until he crashed into the boards, then wash/rinse/repeat?

Archived