GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

This game is going to end in one of several ways..

Blowout By Buffalo

Blowout by Pitt

Close regulation win by Buff

Close regulation win by Pitt

Ot win by Buff

OT win by Pitt

SO win by Buff

SO win by Pitt.....

I have a VERY good feeling about this one

Way to put your neck out on the line. Money talks and bull---- walks!

In 40 seasons? You'd have to think so, anyway.

Well, there's one thing I know about win streaks. They end. How about let's take care of that tonight, boys?

Thanks Mike Harrington!

---

"According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Penguins' winning streak is the longest by a visiting team in the Sabres' 40-season history.The Sabres have not played a team on a run this long since their inaugural season. On March 21, 1971, Buffalo pulled off a 7-5 upset in the Boston Garden to snap the defending Stanley Cup champion Bruins' 13-game winning streak."

Well, in addition to 12/11/10 being kind of a cool date, now we'll see whether this latest modest streak of decent play has been a mirage or not.

Pittsburgh is 5th in offense, 3rd in defense and has won 11 in a row.

Crosby has 26 goals and 50 points in 30 games and has erased all doubt as to who the best player in the NHL is.

The Sabres will need Miller in the zone, their forwards to forecheck with passion and their scorers to convert opportunities.

Come on, boys. Time to make a statement.

Well, in addition to 12/11/10 being kind of a cool date, now we'll see whether this latest modest streak of decent play has been a mirage or not.

Pittsburgh is 5th in offense, 3rd in defense and has won 11 in a row.

Crosby has 26 goals and 50 points in 30 games and has erased all doubt as to who the best player in the NHL is.

The Sabres will need Miller in the zone, their forwards to forecheck with passion and their scorers to convert opportunities.

Come on, boys. Time to make a statement.

I think the key to victory for us will be a repeat performance from the Gaustad line. On top of the extra bonus of a few goals, they really shut down the premier scorers on San Jose, particularly during crunch time. If that happens again, I think we have a pretty good shot.

If we allow Crosby to terrorize us, the game is over before it starte.

7:00pm

LETS GO BUFFALO, yinz!!

Yunz did a nice touche with the Pittsbergese.

Da Guins are playing some good hockey and have really improved defensively. Buffalo will need all 4 lines playing strong mistake free hockey. They like to play a puck possesion offensive style in your zone, simular to what I think Bflo preaches.

Should be a good game and solid test of where Bflo is with their game. Pittsburgh tried to be physical last time against us. I hope I see the same kind of response we had with Columbus last Friday.

Law of averages should be shading Bflo's way cause Pgh has gotta lose sometime. Make it tonight B'lo and Oh Ryan tonight would be a good time to get even with Sid on his olympic winning goal by shutting him out.

Let's go B'lo and make some noise tonight at home.

If Crosby wins the game with a shot through Miller's five-hole tonight I'm going to stab myself in the face with a soldering iron. (yes, I watched Joe Dirt this morning)

Leo with a blast from the blue line for the overtime winner.

If Crosby wins the game with a shot through Miller's five-hole tonight I'm going to stab myself in the face with a soldering iron. (yes, I watched Joe Dirt this morning)

I'm no expert, but I think that will hurt.

I'm tired of games even making it to over time...I have usually run out of beer by this point.

Good ol' Sabres keepin the drunk alive.

In which fashion, winter classic or Olympic?

I'M YOUR SISTER, I'M YOUR SISTER(also another good line)

Go Sabres.

Fleury in goal? Maybe Sabres will get a break with the backup in goal.

Edit: Johnson's numbers are better than Fleury's.

But we traditionally light up Brent Johnson. I'm always confused when I keep seeing him get jobs. It must be the team he's playing in front of because I've never seen him as a decent goalie ever since he flamed out in St Louis.

And wait, I get to watch a BU game AND a Sabres game in the same day? Nice.

Archived