The Walking Dead

deluca67

So the guvnah is back. Erg. Just when I thought this show had regained its magic from the first season, they go back to that well.

I love the show but a couple things are bothering me. Hershel and his "get in your cell and drink your tea" homeopathy just ain't doin it for me and apparently after last episode, it ain't workin for him either. My wife who loosely follows the show said to me, "why don't they just kill everyone who gets sick before they turn". I told her they are hoping people get better but it felt like a hollow answer. Maybe she's right.

The governor aspect. I didn't mind the story line so much but I think the acting is extremely subpar. The sooner he's gone for good the better.

The show is slowing changing for me, and not for the better. As they lose their fear of the zombies, it is changing the impact of the show. A little girl leading a zombie away never happened in the beginning.

Edited by wjag

The show is slowing changing for me, and not for the better. As the lose their fear of the zombies, it is changing the impact of the show. A little girl leading a zombie away never happened in the beginning.

As an aside, no one important who has a walker fall on them is ever bit. Amazing.

As an aside, no one important who has a walker fall on them is ever bit. Amazing.

I hadn't noticed that, but you're right. The show is getting a little predictable.

It might get better when Darrell and Rick square off over Carol.

The fences are down. Rick and the group are going to realize in an episode or 2 that staying at the prison isn't feasible safety wise. They'll be on the move again I'm guessing. Further in land, TN maybe, or north. I'm guessing they are going to realize even with the huge risk being somewhat close to a population center, they'll need to be in travel distance for supplies. Food, medicine and other items.

Then there is the radio transmission heard by the medicine gathering party. The governor is back to finally end that scene and create another I'm guessing. They'll be on the move. If they were smart, they'd head into the hills of TN. The smokey mtns. Get water at the source to minimize possible contamination, close to Johnstown or Knoxville, for Supplies as well.

I hadn't noticed that, but you're right. The show is getting a little predictable.

It might get better when Darrell and Rick square off over Carol.

Daryl will be mad, but he'd already written off his own brother knowing the truth early on. Don't be fooled, Daryl is more complex than many give him credit for, he surely would understand the risks she created with the group. When your willing to take actions that the group would view as a threat to a majority of them. Maggie's response to Rick when he asked her, it's how the group in general is going to feel. The Daryl/Rick event will most likely begin and end next episode, and neither are going anywhere anytime soon off the show in my opinion. Hell, the entire series is based from the start around Rick, he surely isn't going anywhere.

The show is slowing changing for me, and not for the better. As they lose their fear of the zombies, it is changing the impact of the show. A little girl leading a zombie away never happened in the beginning.

As the story lines progress it becomes more apparent that the Zombies are more an environmental and the real day to day danger is the interaction of people. They have weapons and ammo and don't use it on the zombies gathering at the fences until they break through. The ammo was being saved to protect against the real threat, people.

The little girl is an interesting side story. She is dealing with a changing world by seeing the zombies as the people they were, not what they become. It's not any different than Herschel keeping Zombies in the barn. It's the differences in how the characters react that keeps the show interesting.

As the story lines progress it becomes more apparent that the Zombies are more an environmental and the real day to day danger is the interaction of people. They have weapons and ammo and don't use it on the zombies gathering at the fences until they break through. The ammo was being saved to protect against the real threat, people.

The little girl is an interesting side story. She is dealing with a changing world by seeing the zombies as the people they were, not what they become. It's not any different than Herschel keeping Zombies in the barn. It's the differences in how the characters react that keeps the show interesting.

People adapt. They are far more used to dealing with the walkers now than they were at the start of the series. There are obviously rare circumstances like this week's episode, they're not going to be anywhere near the threat they were initially. Hell, at the start of the season everyone was out in an open air camp or in the middle of the city. Now even though the fences are weakened, they've got so much more cover than they ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just finally caught up on the season up to last night's episodes... I'm hooked.... It's not too unbelievable to see that the governor hasn't changed his ways.... I hope michone slices him in half, the next episode is gonna be a nail biter..... I hope Herschel lives on

Also curious to see what happens when Daryl finds out about carol and where she will end up in the future episodes, maybe coming back to be a hero/or becoming an enemy after being smited by Rick.

I've just finally caught up on the season up to last night's episodes... I'm hooked.... It's not too unbelievable to see that the governor hasn't changed his ways.... I hope michone slices him in half, the next episode is gonna be a nail biter..... I hope Herschel lives on

Also curious to see what happens when Daryl finds out about carol and where she will end up in the future episodes, maybe coming back to be a hero/or becoming an enemy after being smited by Rick.

I actually hope Michonne gets shot. I can't stand her character.

I always liked Carol, but I want to see her make a triumphant return this episode but then die. Just because shows never do that.

My guess is one major death (Michonne, Daryl, Herschel, Maggie, Glen, Carol or Carl) and then two deaths of supporting characters like Tyreese, Beth, Sasha, etc. The family that governor has now taken in will join the prison, but the lesbian sister and her lover will both die.

Edited by DStebb

I couldn't help but wonder if there was a little something to the Gov. leaving the brother to turn into a zombie, chained at the bottom of that pond. Is that him trying to create a new trophy case like he had back in Woodbury? Not that it matters though, I can't picture him being around after next week.

I couldn't help but wonder if there was a little something to the Gov. leaving the brother to turn into a zombie, chained at the bottom of that pond. Is that him trying to create a new trophy case like he had back in Woodbury? Not that it matters though, I can't picture him being around after next week.

Said the same thing to the wife. He's got some weird zombie watching fetish.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.