The Walking Dead

deluca67

Whats with that ? Is there some sort of plague ( other than the zombie thing ) ? How did that kid die ? And the pig ? Swine flu ?

Makes me nervous for Daryl too. He was licking his fingers both before and after he shook the kid's hand. Good episode, with lots of foreshadowing (I suspect).

You need to factor in one is on pay TV and the other is on general cable.

They're both on AMC.

Wow, great comments on the last episode. I hadn't thought of some of those angles.

I do feel like one or more of the regulars need to bite the dust. Pretty weak to just kill off the newbies. Deluca warned us in season one not to get attached to anyone. Rick. Must. Die. #aintgoinnowhere

Whats with that ? Is there some sort of plague ( other than the zombie thing ) ? How did that kid die ? And the pig ? Swine flu ?

The Pig had just watched the Columbus game.

They're both on AMC.

Wow, great comments on the last episode. I hadn't thought of some of those angles.

I do feel like one or more of the regulars need to bite the dust. Pretty weak to just kill off the newbies. Deluca warned us in season one not to get attached to anyone. Rick. Must. Die. #aintgoinnowhere

And let's face it, one of the first regulars to go is going to be Herschel. That could lead to some fun though since he's Rick's moral compass. Take him away and Rick probably goes off the deep end again.

Does this sound crazy? Carl didn't shoot his mother. In the end, there's some kind of cure or re-humanization and they're all reunited? Awwww. Might fit nicely with the black lady at the beginning whose husband couldn't shoot her. I know their son turned, but the father was taken out, right? Rick met up with him again; he had gone batshit crazy.

Edit: Morgan told Rick he shot his wife.

Anyone heard mention of another series by the dead creators of another group of survivors in the same vein as the walking dead ? I have but can't remember exactly when it starts.

I don't know if they ever set a time frame for the spinoff. I hope they make it in London or somewhere else in Europe so there can never be a crossover.

I don't know if they ever set a time frame for the spinoff. I hope they make it in London or somewhere else in Europe so there can never be a crossover.

There would be a crossover. It is probably easiest to accept that now, so you have a few years to build up to it, rather than getting 'blindsided' by it

There would be a crossover. It is probably easiest to accept that now, so you have a few years to build up to it, rather than getting 'blindsided' by it

It all comes down to where they set the show. If it is somewhere else in the south eastern US, they will definitely cross over. Anywhere other than that region and they will never cross paths.

That is shocking. I like the Walking Dead but it's not even close to being in the same league as Breaking Bad.

You have to consider that the Walking Dead is carrying a fan based built off of the comics. It is also a niche show. There are not any other horror genre shows like the Walking Dead. It's either the Walking Dead or some version of 90210 with vampires, werewolves or witches.

You have to consider that the Walking Dead is carrying a fan based built off of the comics. It is also a niche show. There are not any other horror genre shows like the Walking Dead. It's either the Walking Dead or some version of 90210 with vampires, werewolves or witches.

While I reconize the comic geeks are there, I think there is a much larger following with the whole "zombie" crowd. I also think the show has crossed over to people who don't normally seek out that genre as its a good show. I fall into the latter.

On an unrelated note, I was very surprised to find out that the season premiere had almost twice as many viewers as the final episode of Breaking Bad.

I couldn't believe this until I looked it up. 10.3 million for Breaking Bad finale. 16.1 million for The Walking Dead season 4 premiere. As a fan of both shows, this blows my mind as not only is Breaking Bad an exponentially better show (imo), it was the series finale! Maybe Walter White should come back to life and eat some meth-head brains for season 6.

I couldn't believe this until I looked it up. 10.3 million for Breaking Bad finale. 16.1 million for The Walking Dead season 4 premiere. As a fan of both shows, this blows my mind as not only is Breaking Bad an exponentially better show (imo), it was the series finale! Maybe Walter White should come back to life and eat some meth-head brains for season 6.

I think the zombie genre is about as big as there is right now. While I LOVE Breakin Bad it didn't have the brain eatin gore that these freaks seek out.

While I reconize the comic geeks are there, I think there is a much larger following with the whole "zombie" crowd. I also think the show has crossed over to people who don't normally seek out that genre as its a good show. I fall into the latter.

As do I . Its probably been 40 years since I last picked up a comic book. Fell into this series simply channel surfing one night and liked it for the characters more than anything. Zombies don't hold any real fascination for me either.

Keep in mind that American Idol was the top rated TV show in the entire country for several years. People are dumb.

Keep in mind that American Idol was the top rated TV show in the entire country for several years. People are dumb.

Yeah just watch two broke girls. That abomination somehow got renewed and they went an entire season without even unleashing Kat Dennings "assets". I mean I realize there have been plenty of shows that were just a boob delivery system, see Baywatch, but they hold those FF monsters lying in wait for an entire season and never thought, this show isn't very good maybe we should try to draw in viewers a different way.

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.