Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Wrong link?

I would guess Burke

Sorry folks I should have come back to this one sooner, I thought I had checked it after I posted link to make sure it worked. Anyway it was the Burke Video talking about the short lease comment the media had picked him up saying about one of his players and then he had explain which was done in a way I appreciated. I tried to find it now to fix but could not.

I know there's been a few posts about this, but TSN has this story up now about the NHLPA looking into what the Devils are doing with their roster right now. I was wondering if they would do this. If they sat back and ignored it, they would be showing their true colors, that all they care about is getting those big contracts for the select few. Sure, they're getting max dollar out of that organization, but with what is going on with the Devils right now, there are 4-5 NHL player jobs being taken away. If they want to pretend that they really do care about those bottom rung players, they need to look into this one.

I know there's been a few posts about this, but TSN has this story up now about the NHLPA looking into what the Devils are doing with their roster right now. I was wondering if they would do this. If they sat back and ignored it, they would be showing their true colors, that all they care about is getting those big contracts for the select few. Sure, they're getting max dollar out of that organization, but with what is going on with the Devils right now, there are 4-5 NHL player jobs being taken away. If they want to pretend that they really do care about those bottom rung players, they need to look into this one.

I was a union steward for my shop in another life and you absolutely nail it. The whole union premise is to protect the workers, if they did not at least say they were doing this they would be recognized as a joke. Now my real question is are they just looking into it or are they serious about doing it?

I was a union steward for my shop in another life and you absolutely nail it. The whole union premise is to protect the workers, if they did not at least say they were doing this they would be recognized as a joke. Now my real question is are they just looking into it or are they serious about doing it?

All that said, why is the NHLPA only concerned about the high-end deals? (Same applies to the NFL folks.) The lower-end players are just as entitled to union representation, and especially in the case of the NFLPA, they are neglected.

Every Kovy contract means two or three guys linger in the AHL (as schraiderre pointed out). So why does the NHLPA like big-$ contracts?

All that said, why is the NHLPA only concerned about the high-end deals? (Same applies to the NFL folks.) The lower-end players are just as entitled to union representation, and especially in the case of the NFLPA, they are neglected.

Every Kovy contract means two or three guys linger in the AHL (as schraiderre pointed out). So why does the NHLPA like big-$ contracts?

They want to inflate their average salary a bit. Big numbers always look better.

Interesting spelling on my name too.

They want to inflate their average salary a bit. Big numbers always look better.

Interesting spelling on my name too.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/15651-the-message-boards-at-sabres-com-are-open-again/page__p__162790__hl__schraiderre__fromsearch__1#entry162790

I don't even think that was the first instance.

Who would'a thunk it.

Tampa and Leafs both 3-0 in first place and

Pens in last.

Leafs finally lost tonight although they scored late so got the ot point. Living in 'leaf nation' is growing difficult based on the starts for the respective teams.....

Doan gets three game suspension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgaxOAGcM6w

I'd say deserved. Pucks gone. Blindside. To the head.

I don't think that's a classic blindside hit, but close enough, I guess. If it was blindside, the player being hit must have terrible peripheral vision, as Doan was actually ahead of him on the ice.

I have no problem suspending Doan for a long time for doing that, but you have to look at the rules as written. There's no way he's going to get a longer suspension than three games. It's a gray area situation. I'm still trying to figure out how it's worth more than the hit on Pominville -- the targeting of the head, I guess.

Or they could fine him twice.

Yeah, that was pretty lame.

One of the things I've always liked about this board is that most posters do not make exceptions for Sabres involved in questionable or downright illegal plays.

Archived