Confirmed: Sabres sign D Shaone Morrisonn

PromoTheRobot

So was the waiving of Kennedy actually related to this?

I can't see how it would be. Maybe it was. But I don't see the connection, other than the need for a roster spot (which could have been obtained otherwise).

OH YEA!

LEAFS fans are all up over Kaberle to Buffalo now lol.

I don't think so though, I think its a forward, there's just has to be a top 6 move.

Could this be the dominos to get Stafford and possibily one or 2 of our young D moved for a top 6 piece of the puzzle?

God I hope so.

I can't see how it would be. Maybe it was. But I don't see the connection, other than the need for a roster spot (which could have been obtained otherwise).

Perhaps their at their budget salary wise, spending more already than they did last year, and needed the $1 million to make this signing. I like the tradeoff of Kennedy for Morrison.

ok we now have way too many effin defenseman, an awesome forward has to be signed.

Now this is something you and I agree on. Darcy, by my count (and you can correct me if I'm wrong here), now has the following D men pushing for or already secured, roster spots:

Rivet

Myers

Montador

Morrison

Leopold

Sekera

Butler

Weber

Gragnani

By my count, thats 9 D men in the mix. I realize Gragnani, Weber, Sekera and Butler are the youngsters.

Anyone see a move developing here, a trade perhaps?

I like this:

(Link)

Also, per here, it's a two-year deal.

Whats not to like about a minute eating top 4 defensemen. I guess if anything it would be his offense which is definitely lacking and sure not to be the PP Qb defensemen this team needs and every team wants.

I am personally still waiting for the top 6 shakeup I also think this team needs. The center position is the one I would like to see change more than either wing and now they have some spare parts to trade. Hhmm could be interesting..

Not sure what to think other than Butler and Sekera might not get much PT this year. What does this mean for Weber?

I think it means Weber isn't ready for prime time, no matter how often certain sportswriters claim he is. It also means Sekera, Butler and Weber are all going for the same spot.

Separately: I have a hard time believing some big move for a forward is in the offing. Maybe today's moves just mean (i) DR likes Gerbe at $850K more than he likes Kennedy at $1MM and (ii) Lindy and DR aren't confident with the young defensemen.

I think it means Weber isn't ready for prime time, no matter how often certain sportswriters claim he is. It also means Sekera, Butler and Weber are all going for the same spot.

Separately: I have a hard time believing some big move for a forward is in the offing. Maybe today's moves just mean (i) DR likes Gerbe at $850K more than he likes Kennedy at $1MM and (ii) Lindy and DR aren't confident with the young defensemen.

If that's the case I think I agree with him on both accounts.

Archived