Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Hammy to Vancouver means they have too many defensemen. I've generally liked their group. As stated before, I'd be quite happy for the Sabres to take a low-cost flyer on Willie Mitchell. Add him and Weber to the D in place of Lydman and Tallinder and you'll see a lot more hitting and a lot more punishment being administered in front of Miller.

Willie Mitchell - a veteran shut-down defenseman who plays a very physical game - would be an ideal partner for Tyler Myers, 5 on 5.* With Mitchell well able to mind the fort, Myers would be encouraged to take the puck up the ice, and join the rush otherwise.

* yes, I said the same about Anton Volchenkov

Willie Mitchell - a veteran shut-down defenseman who plays a very physical game - would be an ideal partner for Tyler Myers, 5 on 5.* With Mitchell well able to mind the fort, Myers would be encouraged to take the puck up the ice, and join the rush otherwise.

* yes, I said the same about Anton Volchenkov

U R now officially Mr. Asterisk.

I think with letting both Hank and Lyds go mean only one thing. Darcy is making a deal for Chara right now. :nana:

All joking aside, It really makes me wonder how much actually is going down in the FO when even Ek doesn't put up the most random a$$ rumor about the sabres.

I think with letting both Hank and Lyds go mean only one thing. Darcy is making a deal for Chara right now. :nana:

Obviously you're joking but I'd give up anything short of Myers and Millers to trade and extend Chara. How unbelievable would it be having Chara and Myers on the blueline? I'd play the pairing 35 minutes a game haha.

i was in the keep lydman, let tallinder walk camp.

lydman for 3 x 3 seemed palatable -- not great, but maybe he could've done ~2.85 x 4 for us?

tallinder at $3.4 seems like a decent price, until you realize that jersey gave 4 years to a guy who disappeared for almost 2 full seasons and whose durability will be a huge question mark.

lydman for 3 x 3 seemed palatable -- not great, but maybe he could've done ~2.85 x 4 for us?

tallinder at $3.4 seems like a decent price, until you realize that jersey gave 4 years to a guy who disappeared for almost 2 full seasons and whose durability will be a huge question mark.

LeBrun: Lamoriello mentioned to me is that he's got young Swedish kids on D and he loves the way Tallinder helped Tyler Myers in Buff

I think that says it all right there.

The money wasn't the problem, they didn't want to sign a 33 year old player for 3 years. They probably would have given him more money for less years.

Archived