Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Without all the jokes and excuses what would be left to talk about?

What you are doing is akin to voicing your displeasure with the fact that water is wet. This is how the Sabres do business. The majority of the people here don't like or agree with this philosophy, but there are some sane people here that recognize that water is indeed wet, and no amount of bitching and moaning will change that.

Per Hockeybuzz ... Kaberle to Sabres? I wish I had my hands on the high-grade weed that Eck apparently does. If we pulled off a trade for Kaberle - who I don't think is going anywhere, anytime soon, I would run naked around Niagara Square with chicken wings hanging from my junk and a beef on weck in my mouth.

Per Hockeybuzz ... Kaberle to Sabres? I wish I had my hands on the high-grade weed that Eck apparently does. If we pulled off a trade for Kaberle - who I don't think is going anywhere, anytime soon, I would run naked around Niagara Square with chicken wings hanging from my junk and a beef on weck in my mouth.

/heads out to niagara square ... ya know, just in case.

Yeah, I'd like to see that ... :oops: Wait, wait ... no, no ... that's not what I meant ... LOL

/heads out to niagara square ... ya know, just in case.

No chance. The only free agent we had a shot at getting whose last name starts with the letter K is on his way to Tampa. When do you think they will make the big Lalime signed for another year announcement?

What you are doing is akin to voicing your displeasure with the fact that water is wet. This is how the Sabres do business. The majority of the people here don't like or agree with this philosophy, but there are some sane people here that recognize that water is indeed wet, and no amount of bitching and moaning will change that.

No it's completely different. Water is wet because of its molecular composition. You can't change it. There is no other water which isn't wet. Darcy is just a GM with a failed philosophy on personnel. There are plenty of other options with different philosophies who have actually accomplished something.

Sanity to you means complacently accepting Darcy's way without voicing displeasure over it? There is a slam here involving 30's germany, but I won't go there.

I'd rather be crazy.

No chance. The only free agent we had a shot at getting whose last name starts with the letter K is on his way to Tampa. When do you think they will make the big Lalime signed for another year announcement?

You are correct.

But Kaberle isn't a free agent until next summer.

Lets all bare in mind, Darcy did state in his presser they went after a couple of offensive talents. I am merely speculating, but Ray Whitney, Matt Cullen and Saku Koivu are my guesses.

I am looking to Lombardi as the last FA center that may fit with the Sabres.

Since Darcy also believes he has 2 of the top 20 centers in the league, I don't see Connolly or Roy going in a trade.

So that pretty much narrows it down to a RWer for Roy and Vanek and a 3rd line center.

As for the RWer, any one have any FA names they would like to see?

My opinion is Darcy should throw an offer at Bobby Ryan of the Ducks, since he turned down the 5 mil for 5 yr contract with them.

Any thoughts on this?

No it's completely different. Water is wet because of its molecular composition. You can't change it. There is no other water which isn't wet. Darcy is just a GM with a failed philosophy on personnel. There are plenty of other options with different philosophies who have actually accomplished something.

Sanity to you means complacently accepting Darcy's way without voicing displeasure over it? There is a slam here involving 30's germany, but I won't go there.

I'd rather be crazy.

The point is Darcy isn't going anywhere, so as long as he is the GM the analogy stands. Even with a new GM I don't ever see the Sabres being big players in free agency with Quinn and Golisano in charge.

Sanity to me is not holding out in false hope year after year after year that Darcy will make a big splash in free agency.

Lets all bare in mind, Darcy did state in his presser they went after a couple of offensive talents. I am merely speculating, but Ray Whitney, Matt Cullen and Saku Koivu are my guesses.

Since Darcy also believes he has 2 of the top 20 centers in the league, I don't see Connolly or Roy going in a trade.

So that pretty much narrows it down to a RWer for Roy and Vanek and a 3rd line center.

My opinion is Darcy should throw an offer at Bobby Ryan of the Ducks, since he turned down the 5 mil for 5 yr contract with them.

Any thoughts on this?

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/17495-who-do-you-want/page__view__findpost__p__215635

Any thoughts on this?

Yes, it would just show as "**************************************" so I'll refrain at this point.

Yes, it would just show as "**************************************" so I'll refrain at this point.

lol, Well DeLuca, I already got hit with a warning for my rant on Darcy in another thread, and SDS is correct, its not called for.

So my apologies to all who had to read my incoherent jibberish.

With that being said, this is the FA thread, and I would have to assume that means RFA's as well.

Chz has a nice wish list. I personally don't think we need anymore LWers, but Bergfors would be nice and I did mention Bobby Ryan.

Alas, I don't think there is a snowballs chance in you know what that Darcy tenders an offer sheet to another teams RFA's.

lol, Well DeLuca, I already got hit with a warning for my rant on Darcy in another thread, and SDS is correct, its not called for.

With that being said, this is the FA thread, and I would have to assume that means RFA's as well.

Chz has a nice wish list. I personally don't think we need anymore LWers, but Bergfors would be nice and I did mention Bobby Ryan.

Alas, I don't think there is a snowballs chance in you know what that Darcy tenders an offer sheet to another teams RFA's.

Frolov is the only name that would interest me. The rest of the names are just that, a group of names. This team needs a impact player. I won't hold my breath on a impact player coming to Buffalo considering Regier reads on the trade market are worse than his reads on the free agent market.

I'd like to take that a step further and say that I don't think there's a snowball's chance of the Ducks letting anyone get their hands on Ryan.

I'd like to take that a step further and say that I don't think there's a snowball's chance of the Ducks letting anyone get their hands on Ryan.

Agreed, but shrader, wouldn't it be something if we could out bid them, It would just put a smile on my face.

Bobby Ryan isn't a one year wonder mind you, he has 2 seasons at 30+ goals, obviously he has talent.

Agreed, but shrader, wouldn't it be something if we could out bid them, It would just put a smile on my face.

Bobby Ryan isn't a one year wonder mind you, he has 2 seasons at 30+ goals, obviously he has talent.

I'd much rather work out a trade instead of going the route of losing the 4 first round picks it would take. That is the only route that would eliminate Anaheim's say in the matter.

Not at all. They are both free agents. One is seen as more of a "skill" guy and the other is "physical." We know which one Regier did and always would pick.

On first read, I took it as you were making your point based on the one incident. As it now appears you are not, I retract my 'stretch' comment, and offer this instead: :beer:

I'd much rather work out a trade instead of going the route of losing the 4 first round picks it would take. That is the only route that would eliminate Anaheim's say in the matter.

what is the process for another team offering up for a RESTRICTED free agent like Bobby Ryan. i remember when Edmonton did that w/ Vanek a few years ago. 4 first round picks is the penalty? how does it work?

what is the process for another team offering up for a RESTRICTED free agent like Bobby Ryan. i remember when Edmonton did that w/ Vanek a few years ago. 4 first round picks is the penalty? how does it work?

The number and round of compensatory picks for a player to which a team makes an offer sheet, has that sheet accepted by the player and has the team with the RFA's right not match is based on the cap hit of the offer. The highest level, where Ryan would likely be, is four first-round picks, which have to be the team's own picks (no trading for the #30 pick to give instead.)

Archived