Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Ryan Whitney's definitely not a stay at home defenseman. His numbers just haven't been anywhere near decent lately.

You are right -- I was thinking of Scuderi (another defenseman that Pittsburgh has lost recently).

Paul Martin to Pens. F$CK

Darcy Regier looks at his team - which has been in the playoffs three times in five years since the stoppage - and sees little necessity for significant change. The Penguins have made significant changes - each year - to a team already strong enough to contend for the Stanley Cup.

Complacency with mediocrity - that's our Darcy.

Darcy Regier looks at his team - which has been in the playoffs three times in five years since the stoppage - and sees little necessity for significant change. The Penguins have made significant changes - each year - to a team already strong enough to contend for the Stanley Cup.

Complacency with mediocrity - that's our Darcy.

Maybe Darcy is watching the Bills forum to see if they are signing someone and forgot today started free agency in the NHL.

Brian Burke has made more moves in the last five days than Darcy has in the last 5 years..... :bag:

Apples and oranges. Burke was starting with an atrocious team that needed to be completely remade.

Separately: Adios, Toni. Thanks for the memories and for your hard work and headbanging metal in the locker room. Fare thee well.

Maybe they are just planning on extending the contracts of Pomminstein, Connolly and Gaustad so there will be no $$ left to add players. I think I saw Lindy put the pads on in practice once so maybe that is the backup goalie plan......Perfect, they can throw that $$ that would have been spent on a goalie to extend Mair

NHLSourcesSay 3:12pm via Web

Pavel Kubina has 2 offers on the table at this time, Islanders and Sabres.

Presumably, Pavel Kubina and Anton Volchenkov are looking for $5,000,000 per season. Why not offer it to the younger guy?

Presumably, Pavel Kubina and Anton Volchenkov are looking for $5,000,000 per season. Why not offer it to the younger guy?

First of all, the rumor cite that was quoted has zero credibility.

Second, just for the sake of discussion, Kubina has some offensive skills, while Volchenkov has none.

Third, I agree with you and would rather have Volchenkov. But I'm not holding my breath.

Fourth, I will be very surprised if Kubina gets $5MM (or $4MM for that matter) from the Sabres or from anyone else.

Archived