Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

ya proabably would have said the same if we signed him

No...I wouldn't. I don't think they're going to find another D-Man comparable to Tallinder for what the Devels are going to pay him.

I don't bash the FO all the time like some, but basically they constantly play roulette with their FAs...and most the time lose. While I'd like to see Volchenlov or Kubina in the Blue/Gold. I'd rather have Tallinder at that price than Volchenkov at 5+ or Kubina at 4+.

OK so in 2 years when you have to pay Myers you are gonna have 9-10m in two dmen?

So we're going to have Myers and what? 6 AHL level defensman?

3.4 for a guy who plays on a first pairing is a good deal. The 4 years are a concern, but that's part of the FA landscape.

No...I wouldn't. I don't think they're going to find another D-Man comparable to Tallinder for what the Devels are going to pay him.

I don't bash the FO all the time like some, but basically they constantly play roulette with their FAs...and most the time lose. While I'd like to see Volchenlov or Kubina in the Blue/Gold. I'd rather have Tallinder at that price than Volchenkov at 5+ or Kubina at 4+.

No way in frigging ######. Tallinder doesn't even belong in a conversation with those two.

And to think we all wanted Tallinder's head last offseason and hated Darcy for NOT moving him. Letting Hank go is just fine, so calm down.

So we're going to have Myers and what? 6 AHL level defensman?

3.4 for a guy who plays on a first pairing is a good deal. The 4 years are a concern, but that's part of the FA landscape.

Hey im with ya there, Tallinder is a big loss. This is where those other contracts (pommer vanek goose) kill the team.

Twitter

Devils sign Anton Volchenkov to a 6 year deal, term to come...

And crap is Ek annoying... a couple gems:

* It is rare that I am afraid to report a trade rumor, but what Calgary may be about to do is terrifying.

* Source: "Big Deals about to go down" look to Tampa, Calgary, and LA. Could be a MAJOR and unanticipated trade

He's annoying, but I just can't look away.

Archived