Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

E5

Darcy just got financed for 0% and only $210/month on a new car from mama Pecoraro River Front auto. It's an Envoy!!!

Can we please stop with the endless, tiresome Darcy jokes in this thread? This thread is for free agent news.

I'm still shaking my head over Volchenkov at $4.25. That is a great value for what he brings to the rink. The Sabres couldn't get that deal done or even better it?

A GREAT signing by the Devils.

And let's be real. Darcy couldn't even get Marty Biron. He tried. But couldn't do it. That one pesky extra year NYR gave him made it totally unworkable in Darcy's world. Same with the one pesky extra year Lydman wanted.

See Darcy, THIS is how you sign your young gun wingers (Vanek):

Anaheim signs Bobby Ryan for 5 years (Total value $25 million ) (Re-signing)

This not true and confirmed not true by TSN. Amount correct but Ryan only wants 3 years and Ducks want 4 or 5.

Well, the only thing I can say about the Sabres signing of Leopold is that "I've heard of him"

Seems from what people have said about him so far is that he is a lateral move to replace Tallinder/Lydman, but like usual, not a move to improve the team............

but hey, its still early I guess

This not true and confirmed not true by TSN. Amount correct but Ryan only wants 3 years and Ducks want 4 or 5.

Thanks...I did see it on sportsnet.ca and now they took it off the board.

I have my own 'source' Ilya is NJ vs LA and that is it...take it for what it is worth

My gut tells me we will end up with Stempniak...maybe that's not a bad thing...maybe it is.

Something doesn't sit right with me when it comes to Stempniak. He had a big year right as his entry level deal expired. Then he completely disappeared for a couple years, only to have another big year right as his next contract was expiring. He's showing signs of being that classic "showing up during a contract year" guy.

Is it safe to say that this shallow free agent pool is almost dry? Not much out there that would be considered a impact to the Sabres chances next year.

Lombardi is still out there, although, I don't think he would be interested in coming to Buffalo.

Is it safe to say that this shallow free agent pool is almost dry? Not much out there that would be considered a impact to the Sabres chances next year.

Kubina, Sutton, Corvo, Bergeron, Frolov still available.

We still might take a shot at Corvo.

I'm curious what the ###### Darcy is going to do as far as back up goalie.

He really dropped the ball on the Marty Biron offer. The fact he couldn't beat a 2 yr, 800K/yr offer by the Rangers is STUNNING.

He really dropped the ball on the Marty Biron offer. The fact he couldn't beat a 2 yr, 800K/yr offer by the Rangers is STUNNING.

Enroth is an option.

Sabres newest defenseman will tell you that Sutton is a high impact player.

Just our luck, we don't get the guy who knocked the other guy out. We get the guy knocked out. God forbid the Sabres have any player that shows any type of aggression.

Marty was the first signing today, signing right out of the gate. It really looks like he took the first offer he got and immediately ran with it.

Archived