Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Lydman's gone. 3 x $3 million with the Ducks.

Im ecstatic..This is great news...And to top it off Tallinder is vamoosed also..SWEEEET..To bad Chokin Jochen couldnt have been bought out...I didnt want either one of them on the team..

Tallinder to NJ

4 years @ 3.4per

I'm done with this FO.

For not committing to Tallinder for 4 years at a big paycheck? Really?

No...I wouldn't. I don't think they're going to find another D-Man comparable to Tallinder for what the Devels are going to pay him.

I don't bash the FO all the time like some, but basically they constantly play roulette with their FAs...and most the time lose. While I'd like to see Volchenlov or Kubina in the Blue/Gold. I'd rather have Tallinder at that price than Volchenkov at 5+ or Kubina at 4+.

I don't agree. They choose not to re-sign guys like Kotalik, Max, Tallinder and Lydman because they feel those guys aren't worth what it would cost to re-sign them. They do so fully aware that the most likely outcome is that those guys leave.

[/b]

No way in frigging ######. Tallinder doesn't even belong in a conversation with those two.

+1

Hammy to Vancouver means they have too many defensemen. I've generally liked their group. As stated before, I'd be quite happy for the Sabres to take a low-cost flyer on Willie Mitchell. Add him and Weber to the D in place of Lydman and Tallinder and you'll see a lot more hitting and a lot more punishment being administered in front of Miller.

Hammy to Vancouver means they have too many defensemen. I've generally liked their group. As stated before, I'd be quite happy for the Sabres to take a low-cost flyer on Willie Mitchell. Add him and Weber to the D in place of Lydman and Tallinder and you'll see a lot more hitting and a lot more punishment being administered in front of Miller.

And a lot more goals being let in.............

Mitchell may be done. Noodle is not solid anymore. Shane O'Brien gets a bad rap here, but I think he'd be good for the Sabres. At $1.6 he'd be a solid pickup via trade (for a pick) He's tougher than Lydman and Tallinder. He sticks up for his guys a little. As long as a leash is kept tight on his eating habits, maybe.

I'd say that Bieksa is done in Vancouver, and most likely O'B. I'd stay way clear of Bieksa.

NHLSourcesSay 4:11pm via Web

Pavel Kubina and Sabres look to be moving in the right direction.

Kubina? Just thought I would take a look at his PP stats from last year. 2 goals and 8 assists in 76 games? Is he the PP QB some say the Sabres need?

I find it disconcerting that we'll give $3.5 million per year to a past-his-prime Rivet (35 y.o.), but won't give $3.375 million per to Tallinder (31 y.o.).

Well if they matched that contract at some point they'd be giving 3.375 to a past-his-prime Tallinder (35 yo).

Listening to WGR on the commute home should be interesting tonight.....

No doubt. I would imagine, put aside how we all feel, the pundits are going to slam Regier for not making some necessary moves.

In all reality though, many people here are correct in the fact that maybe, just maybe, Darcy has his eye on some key players.

I am guessing Cullen, Lombardi and Rebiero are on his radar at Center. As for Right Wingers, your guess is as good as any.

Archived