Kaberle

spndnchz

Lydman and Tallinder looking for more money (assuming). Kaberle has a year left at $4.25 mill.

Has 25 of his 49 points on the PP.

Toronto's Fan590 saying that Buffalo was one of the two teams that contacted Brian Burke about acquiring him. This was before Burke sent out his blanket e-mail.

I wonder how much Burke wants? I know, as much as he can get...

We have a pick #23 in each round, Burke doesn't have any picks in the first two rounds. Dare I say Rivet and a second?

I'm thinking more like ennis and 2nd or Kennedy and a first.

Really? There'd be no way I'd give up a 23 and 19 yr old studs that's signed for two more years on the cheap plus picks for a 32 yr old dman that got one yr left on his contract.

I'm thinking more like ennis and 2nd or Kennedy and a first.

Not unless Kaberle signs an extension as part of the deal. He's only got 1 year left on his contract. And I'd rather give them Roy, Pommer, TC or Stafford than Ennis or Kennedy.

Not unless Kaberle signs an extension as part of the deal. He's only got 1 year left on his contract. And I'd rather give them Roy, Pommer, TC or Stafford than Ennis or Kennedy.

Connolly for Kaberle straight up. Done.

Dare I say Rivet and a second?

Unless Burke is really convinced that Rivet is his type of player still, I think he'd rather have Kaberle for a million more, even with the #53 pick. They're not looking to move him just to get rid of him; he's the best trade chip that they have and Burke wants to get something good for it. It wouldn't be hard for another team to beat Rivet and the #2, and as I said, I doubt it would be enough even if they don't. Our first would definitely have to be involved and, as ink said, a young prospect.

This is my first foray into the trade realm so this might be way off. What about going after Kaberle? Maybe for Lydman, prospect, and pick(s). Toronto needs picks and he'd be that PP QB that we need. I know he's got a NTC but Buffalo's not that far away and are a Cup contender.

That's what I wrote in January in the Trade Target Watch thread. I still feel the same way.

Although I might change that "are a Cup contender" to "could be a Cup contender"

Unless Burke is really convinced that Rivet is his type of player still, I think he'd rather have Kaberle for a million more, even with the #53 pick. They're not looking to move him just to get rid of him; he's the best trade chip that they have and Burke wants to get something good for it. It wouldn't be hard for another team to beat Rivet and the #2, and as I said, I doubt it would be enough even if they don't. Our first would definitely have to be involved and, as ink said, a young prospect.

Rivet and a 1st maybe. More like Stafford and a first IMO. Burke needs game ready players with size.

Rivet and a 1st maybe. More like Stafford and a first IMO. Burke needs game ready players with size.

I'd give up Stafford and a 1st, if Kaberle agrees to a 3 year contract extension. I'm not making this deal for a 1 year rental.

I would trade TC straight up for Kaberle in a heartbeat, but I don't think TC is Burke's kind of guy. And I think, as Carp noted, that Burke wants something really good for Kaberle, which needs to include a #1 pick and/or top prospect.

I can see Burke taking Stafford and a #1 for Kaberle, but I wouldn't want the Sabres to do this w/o an extension for Kaberle.

I believe Stafford and a first gets it done but I'm not sure Buffalo does this. I believe they could have done this at the break.

Buffalo would like it to be Stafford and either Gargnani or Sekera.

No way Ennis or Kennedy is included in this deal.

No way Toronto is interested in Rivet.

I believe Stafford and a first gets it done but I'm not sure Buffalo does this. I believe they could have done this at the break.

Buffalo would like it to be Stafford and either Gargnani or Sekera.

No way Ennis or Kennedy is included in this deal.

No way Toronto is interested in Rivet.

Agree with the bolded tom. I also would not do Stafford and a 1st without an extension of atleast 3 additional seasons at the same price he's at now on his contract.

Burke gave up two #1's and a #2 for Kessel. I bet it would take at least our #1 pick and Ennis. Then you still have to sign him to a long-term deal for it to make any sense (6m+/5yrs???)...yikes.

Thank you for bringing sanity to the thread. Everyone else with their dream scenarios needs to wake up.

Thank you for bringing sanity to the thread. Everyone else with their dream scenarios needs to wake up.

I won't bother getting into the scenarios thrown around, but the Kessel deal really doesn't set the market for any potential Kaberle deal. Kessel was a young 20-something kid coming off a big year and with tons of potential. Any deal there was going to be coupled with a longterm contract. Kaberle is much older and on a one year deal. There is very little connection between the two other than Toronto hoping to get back some of what they gave for Lefty.

I won't bother getting into the scenarios thrown around, but the Kessel deal really doesn't set the market for any potential Kaberle deal. Kessel was a young 20-something kid coming off a big year and with tons of potential. Any deal there was going to be coupled with a longterm contract. Kaberle is much older and on a one year deal. There is very little connection between the two other than Toronto hoping to get back some of what they gave for Lefty.

With the idea that you are committed to sign him long-term, you are aquiring him to negotiate a deal and keep him long term, especially given the timing of he deal. (not trade dead-line stuff). Toronto knows this and it gives them more leverage. He'll cost a high draft pick and a decent prospect. Not a broken down d man and a low second rounder.

Laughing at some of these comments, Kaberle is so SOFT!!!.......I watch leaf games to pass the times in the winter, my cousin is a leaf fan and we both call him the fair lady kaberle.........He would instantly be tied for the softest Sabre with Timmy C....... :beer:

Laughing at some of these comments, Kaberle is so SOFT!!!.......I watch leaf games to pass the times in the winter, my cousin is a leaf fan and we both call him the fair lady kaberle.........He would instantly be tied for the softest Sabre with Timmy C....... :beer:

I agree generally -- he's not what the Sabres really need. However, he's got skills the Sabres lack on D, and if they could parlay a soft underperforming forward (TC or Stafford) plus a draft pick for him, I'd make the deal. If you replace Tallinder and Lydman with Kaberle and Weber, to me that's a net gain in both offensive skill and toughness. But they would absolutely still need a top-3 forward with guts.

I agree generally -- he's not what the Sabres really need. However, he's got skills the Sabres lack on D, and if they could parlay a soft underperforming forward (TC or Stafford) plus a draft pick for him, I'd make the deal. If you replace Tallinder and Lydman with Kaberle and Weber, to me that's a net gain in both offensive skill and toughness. But they would absolutely still need a top-3 forward with guts.

I say let Myers grow into that role, I like his shot from the point and with some more confidence it would be even better...........Also getting Kaberle would lead to countless posts by several posters here.

He should have been acquired at the deadline. He would have significantly improved our power play. As many suspected, our struggling power play proved to be our achilles heal in the play offs.

Kaberle brings some interesting positives.

First, with him at the point, Vanek will instantly score 10+ more goals than last season. Kaberle is a skilled power play quarter back, and a great offensive dman. He'll get shots to the net.

Second, Kaberle can mentor Myers and help hone his offensive skills. He's an elite passer and has great offensive vision.

The only downsides is his lack of physical play. He's not too shabby defensively, however he plays with zero physicality. However, that's not his role.

I'd be willing to surrender our 1st round pick to acquire Kaberle. A 1st Round Pick and a prospect not named Ennis or Kennedy. I'd be willing to part with Gerbe, Grangani, etc.

With reasons on both sides to make this happen. I like it. I don't think it'll happen because of the whole division thing, but I like it. The division thing is the only reason I see this as unrealistic.

Archived