Kaberle

spndnchz

Toronto radio stations are all over the Kaberle to Buffalo story.

Most believe its Connolly and Stafford, not Roy and Stafford.

Kaberle would have to sign an extension they are saying for the rumored price.

If Buffalo were to land Kaberle it would be a large component for their power play woes.

Also, a Dallas radio station reported today the Sabres are interested in Brad Richards. Its purely speculation at this point Dave said.

But if he were to agree to an extension, Dallas Dave thinks Buffalo is the place Richards will most likely end up.

Just some Sunday radio sports banter for all the faithful.

sounds pretty good

If Buffalo were to land Kaberle it would be a large component for their power play woes.

Also, a Dallas radio station reported today the Sabres are interested in Brad Richards. Its purely speculation at this point Dave said.

But if he were to agree to an extension, Dallas Dave thinks Buffalo is the place Richards will most likely end up.

I'm assuming Dallas Dave is the guy from the radio show you're talking about?

It sounds like empty rumor-mongering, but what the heck: if the Sabres could get Kaberle with an extension for TC and Stafford, that would be a terrific trade. Add Marleau in FA and that's a huge offseason.

Yeah, the process of editing someone's post is funny and all when its a joke, but I'm not crazy about this one. How about you say it yourself and not change my post?

No disrespect was intended, and I think you know that based on our usual exhchange of opinions.

I have to say I think you're guilty of some thin skin on this one.

That said, it's not for me to decide, and you have my sincere apology.

Now for the actual post :

The players I want off the team inte worst way, in order of disappearence (hopefully) :

Connolly

Stafford

Pominville

Roy

A trade involving two of these guys would be like freakin' christmas eve for me.

Toronto media at its finest. NFW. Maybe if our #1 is included. Burke probably didn't spend a minute considering either player for Team USA, there is no way he's trading his best offensive dman for them and in the process, freeing up almost 7m in cap space for a team that just won the division he is in.

He believes Leafs fans are dreaming if they think Kaberle will land Bobby Ryan from Anaheim. Matheson instead offers up alternatives like Jason Pominville from Buffalo, Devin Setoguchi from San Jose, Jake Voracek from Columbus, Loui Eriksson or Jamie Benn from Dallas or David Krejci from Boston...

Matheson believes it could be Pominville.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1278:sunday-nhl-rumor-roundup-june-6-2010&catid=5:trade-rumors&Itemid=4

Very possible.

I only listened to a handful of sports talk shows yesterday.

Toronto media, as Billfold said, at its finest. But hey, atleast there is some discussion about it.

Its atleast nice to hear the Sabres mentioned on the Sunday Sports banter.

I don't care who it is as long as we get rid of any of the aforementioned players. Connolly, Stafford, Pominville, Roy. I don't care what combination it is, just do SOMETHING to bring in a player to replace what Buffalo has sorely lacked on the Power Play after the departure of J.P. Dumont. Another player that DR and LQ severely undervalued. :censored:

I don't care who it is as long as we get rid of any of the aforementioned players. Connolly, Stafford, Pominville, Roy. I don't care what combination it is, just do SOMETHING to bring in a player to replace what Buffalo has sorely lacked on the Power Play after the departure of J.P. Dumont. Another player that DR and LQ severely undervalued. :censored:

yeah i was bummed when we lost dumont and mckee that year.

McKee had already established that his body was breaking down, but keeping Kotalik over Dumont was a huge mistake.

Both points are 100% true, but I still feel that something very important was lost when McKee left. Too much heart walked out the door when McKee and Grier (another huge mistake) departed. That left Drury as the only guy who played a blood and guts game, and one guy wasn't enough.

Both points are 100% true, but I still feel that something very important was lost when McKee left. Too much heart walked out the door when McKee and Grier (another huge mistake) departed. That left Drury as the only guy who played a blood and guts game, and one guy wasn't enough.

i agree and kotalik probly wouldnt have dropped off so much if arniel didnt leave.

naw i dont think so, dude had a beast shot and rarely missed missed the net. anyway how can teams catch on to a shot? i dont think that makes sense.

Have you noticed his stats the last few years? If he rarely missed the net, he would have scored 50 goals. The Rangers gave him away after realizing thet made a huge mistake signing him. Teams catch up tp shots the same way batters catch up to fastballs. If all you do is stay on the perimeter and blast away, you won't amount to much more then he has.

naw i dont think so, dude had a beast shot and rarely missed missed the net. anyway how can teams catch on to a shot? i dont think that makes sense.

An aggressive PK that favors his side of the ice. If he can't consistently get open and get an open shooting lane, it doesn't matter how good that shot is.

Have you noticed his stats the last few years? If he rarely missed the net, he would have scored 50 goals. The Rangers gave him away after realizing thet made a huge mistake signing him. Teams catch up tp shots the same way batters catch up to fastballs. If all you do is stay on the perimeter and blast away, you won't amount to much more then he has.

im talkin about when he played with us and when he was on the powerplay.

An aggressive PK that favors his side of the ice. If he can't consistently get open and get an open shooting lane, it doesn't matter how good that shot is.

they cant block every single one of his shots. and if they collapsed on kotalik that would leave the rest of our team open hence kotalik being more valueable than people think.

Archived