Kaberle

spndnchz

But, d4rk, then why bother coming here at all, especially during the offseason? Is the only point of being here or being a fan, in general, to simply reactively discuss what the team has actually done?

"Great game, played well, see you Friday."

"Terrible pickup, paid too much, see you in a month if/when they sign someone else."

Nothing anyone here does affects anything about the team, on or off the ice. Sports is all about senselessly following, cheering for and supporting an organization that you have absolutely no control over. If we were all purely logical about it, none of us would be here.

No control, except that if enough people stop going, things could and probably would change. The level of support is what enables the status quo. Heck, I joked a few weeks ago about a new owner coming in and retaining Quinn, Regier and Ruff. I'm not sure it's so implausible. Someone could look at the bottom line -- and see enough success on the ice -- to say to themselves, "Why change anything?"

But, d4rk, then why bother coming here at all, especially during the offseason? Is the only point of being here or being a fan, in general, to simply reactively discuss what the team has actually done?

"Great game, played well, see you Friday."

"Terrible pickup, paid too much, see you in a month if/when they sign someone else."

Nothing anyone here does affects anything about the team, on or off the ice. Sports is all about senselessly following, cheering for and supporting an organization that you have absolutely no control over. If we were all purely logical about it, none of us would be here.

I don't mind discussing the current players, the performance (or lack thereof), the front office problems, other players and teams around the league, etc. I participate fully in that. But posters lose me at trade speculation. I just don't see the point of going so in depth. It's like writing a thesis on what you would wish for so that the next time you see a shooting star, well dammit, you'll be ready! :doh: We rip on Eklund for being wrong all the time, but aren't posters like Static with his Kaberle proposal just little wannabe Ecks? I just don't see the point of it all.

I don't mind discussing the current players, the performance (or lack thereof), the front office problems, other players and teams around the league, etc. I participate fully in that. But posters lose me at trade speculation. I just don't see the point of going so in depth. It's like writing a thesis on what you would wish for so that the next time you see a shooting star, well dammit, you'll be ready! :doh: We rip on Eklund for being wrong all the time, but aren't posters like Static with his Kaberle proposal just little wannabe Ecks? I just don't see the point of it all.

So, let me see if I get your conclusion of speculative roster/player movements/possibilities correct.

If a fan discusses a player or players they'd like to see on/off the team and the potential means (as a fan, speculative means) by which it can happen, that fan is put into a catagory with a guy who charges money to the entire NHL fanbase or makes money off of visitors to a website to read speculation? :blink:

If thats the case, you've obviously been reading my posts, where is my $19.99?

Carpandean, I'm not good at making charts, I'll split each fee with you if you can make up a rumor chart. :D

So, let me see if I get your conclusion of speculative roster/player movements/possibilities correct.

If a fan discusses a player or players they'd like to see on/off the team and the potential means (as a fan, speculative means) by which it can happen, that fan is put into a catagory with a guy who charges money to the entire NHL fanbase or makes money off of visitors to a website to read speculation? :blink:

If thats the case, you've obviously been reading my posts, where is my $19.99?

Carpandean, I'm not good at making charts, I'll split each fee with you if you can make up a rumor chart. :D

Come over, we can turn out the lights and play "Find the Old Hickory". ;)

The way I see it, if you're going to spend that much time putting together such in depth proposals, maybe you should be charging for it. Your proposal alone probably took more time and research than anything Eklund has done in his life. Maybe there's a market out there for well articulated trade speculation. I just know I wont be reading it. No offense to you specifically. I just see it like trying to predict an episode of Lost. The plot makes no sense anyway, so why bother?

I guess I would just prefer to sit back and watch nothing happen, than waste a lot of time pretending something actually will.

It would be nice to see Burke lose Kaberle at the end of the season with nothing in return but now that he's decided to keep him he'll most likely work something out contract wise or trade him at the deadline when G.M's are known to lose their minds.

Archived