GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

What is he supposed to do? Grab a stick and jump on the ice to score? Seriously, you can only coach so much. Lets make the players accountable for this one, no excuses, when the only guys showing up are rookies like Ennis, Myers, Gerbe, and 4th liners like Mair and Grier, there is something wrong with the TALENT.

Darcy has to go, I have preached that for years. But Lindy can only do so much with what he is given. Anytime he gets something good (Briere,Drury, Campbell), the FO lets them walk

It's the job of the coaching staff to analyze what is wrong, instruct and make corrections.....that apparently hasn't happened in quite some time....the same crew is out there trying to make ten pretty passes before shooting, then giving up the puck.

cross checking on Vanek in front of the net with 1 min remaining - nothing

no icing...

Absolutely atrocious last minute of officiating - waved off the obvious icing and let intentional trip by Chara - he parked his stick behind Vanek so he'd trip - and no call either way. Incredible! The refs knew the outcome here before the goal by Vanek.... incredible.

Dude, the PP is on Lindy. 100%...

1. He's responsible for who is on the ice during the PP.

2. There's no way that Ruff doesn't have a say in what players the team acquires. He's been the coach for over 10 years (closer to 15). He definitely has input on roster moves.

As I said, what is he supposed to do, grab a stick and jump on the ice?

He can only do so much with what they have. And as i have said MANY time before with no response, who do you replace him with thats any better?

And if Ruff has enough input on the players, what does Darcy do besides just be the FO Puppet?

golf is nice too. once the snow melts maybe you can play?

If you actually joined this board tonight just to be a douche and heckle the actual fans here, then please just leave and go find another hobby.

True why would he say 'we quit on the powerplay' cause you can't score on the pp anyway lindy system is not made for the pp but for pk i love lindy but now it's time for a change from gm to coach to system

What is he supposed to do? Grab a stick and jump on the ice to score? Seriously, you can only coach so much. Lets make the players accountable for this one, no excuses, when the only guys showing up are rookies like Ennis, Myers, Gerbe, and 4th liners like Mair and Grier, there is something wrong with the TALENT.

Darcy has to go, I have preached that for years. But Lindy can only do so much with what he is given. Anytime he gets something good (Briere,Drury, Campbell), the FO lets them walk

Agreed Lindy can only do so much, ultimately it's the so called "top" players that should be held accountable. It's sad that with the exception of Mair, Grier and Monty(for the most part) the rookies had to show the veterens how to play!

Forget the PP...if the PK would have at least played as good as they normally did during the season, we would at least be looking at a 3-3 series tie or even a 4-2 Sabres series win...one of the best PK's in the NHL was pushed around all over the ice by a team who couldn't score goals of any kind during the season...totally embarrassing

And to think... Sabres would have swept the Bruins (that's a 4-0 series victory for Buffalo) had they held onto a lead. It's not all about the PP...

But yet it is... obviously when you lose you can point to many things, but the lack of a PP is the overridding issue here.

He can only do so much with what they have. And as i have said MANY time before with no response, who do you replace him with thats any better?

And if Ruff has enough input on the players, what does Darcy do besides just be the FO Puppet?

Is it your opinion that the coach is head cheerleader and water bottle filler?

Well, there's a good question.....

As for Ruff, this was easily his worst playoff performance. All he did was whine and get nothing out of his supposed "top" forwards.

Players are the issue here - WE LACK TALENT UP FRONT....

The complete inability for any of them ... NOT ONE ... to "step up" in Vanek's absence may be a bigger story in the series than the inept special teams.

On the bright side, Raffi Torres certainly proved to be the jump we really needed this season to get it done. Not.

On the bright side i have a much greater respect for Vanek. He was thrown under the bus constantly for the year he had, but he picked it up at the most important tiem of year and showed a lot coming back and playing like he did in tonight's game...just about the only veteran that did show..

The complete inability for any of them ... NOT ONE ... to "step up" in Vanek's absence may be a bigger story in the series than the inept special teams.

On the bright side, Raffi Torres certainly proved to be the jump we really needed this season to get it done. Not.

So, is it Lindy's fault or Darcy's fault that the Sabres actually traded for Torres?

Ruff is never going to have the players in Buffalo. His value was always in getting the team to play above their talent. He has lost that edge. He looks tired.

Re: power play -- it is absolutely the coaches job to get it working. He leads practices, picks what is focused on, puts together the lines, calls the plays. Everything short of lacIng them up. The PP failed, the PK let in too many goals, special teams lost the series.

This one could not have made it any more obvious to the organization that it is time to reshuffle the roster significantly. They have their proof that the kids can play. The only question rookie-wise is whether or not Weber can step up into the hole left when Lydman and Tallinder are gone.

Archived