GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

We needed Thomas Vanek throughout the series to get to the next round and in my opinion Vanek would have made the difference.

When Thomas vanished so did the Sabre's chance of advancing so for anyone who didn't already realize just how important Vanek is for the Sabres, they should now.

Brodeur?

That's kinda what I was going for with the whole 'having' vs. 'rode'...I don't think the Devils 'rode' Brodeur. I think they mastered a defensive system, and had an elite goaltender who worked very well in that system. I guess my point is...I can't think of any team that almost wholly depends on their elite goaltender to win the cup...and succeeds.

Was my thought right, PA?

Edit: I just saw Gandhi...was that it all along?!

No and no. But good guess. I'm just messing with people with Gandhi.

Now I've paid a price for changing the caption. I can't have Grumpy Old ###### as a member title anymore. :censored:

Undoubtedly. I thought of you last night at that game and marveled at the suckiness of it all. I'm sorry :(

I was pretty impressed with the Garden. Much like HSBC. We got there a few hours early so we hit a pizza joint (something that starts with a"R", I can't remember the name). Got heckled all the way to the Garden. We just kept our mouth's shut, except when my girlfriends boyfriend went off on some guy when he said something off color to us. It seemed louder there, but I think it was more the low ceiling bouncing the sound back down on us.

All in all it was fun, but still sucked.

Now I've paid a price for changing the caption. I can't have Grumpy Old ###### as a member title anymore. :censored:

Damn, I was sure it was a Knox! Ah well, guess we'll have to wait til next year.

And yeah, that sucks, I always loved your handle.

Just went to the Sabres website. They have a banner near the top that reads "Thank you fans for all your support in 2009/10!" Excuse me, but that is such a humongous slap in the face when they can't even support the fans by bringing forth a lineup that actually wants to play and be a serious contender for the Cup.

Just went to the Sabres website. They have a banner near the top that reads "Thank you fans for all your support in 2009/10!" Excuse me, but that is such a humongous slap in the face when they can't even support the fans by bringing forth a lineup that actually wants to play and be a serious contender for the Cup.

Wow, we're really looking for anything to complain about, aren't we?

Wow, we're really looking for anything to complain about, aren't we?

I'm not so much as looking for something to gripe about. Everyone else beat the horse dead last night. It was the banner that sent me over the edge with its condescending tone. Granted, maybe in their defense, they meant well. However, given how much others have stated over and over and over again when they say that we need a better overall product on the ice, they have really built up a strong case for their arguments. So, I didn't take too well over the banner. All of the fans deserved much better than what they got in this post-season.

I did think it was the Cup...saw your post up thread. Guess I'll have to wait about thirteen and a half months to find out what it is.

I'm not so much as looking for something to gripe about. Everyone else beat the horse dead last night. It was the banner that sent me over the edge with its condescending tone. Granted, maybe in their defense, they meant well. However, given how much others have stated over and over and over again when they say that we need a better overall product on the ice, they have really built up a strong case for their arguments. So, I didn't take too well over the banner. All of the fans deserved much better than what they got in this post-season.

Quite honestly, you're way off base here and your rant makes absolutely no sense. It didn't matter what they put on that website, you were going to find fault with it.

Quite honestly, you're way off base here and your rant makes absolutely no sense. It didn't matter what they put on that website, you were going to find fault with it.

Wrong on all counts. I was not looking to find fault at all. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Wrong on all counts. I was not looking to find fault at all. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

I'm not. You found a "thank you fans" insulting. I feel very comfortable saying that no matter what was on that website, you were going to find fault in it. What did you want to see there, "we'll give you the tools to finish the job"?

I'm not. You found a "thank you fans" insulting. I feel very comfortable saying that no matter what was on that website, you were going to find fault in it. What did you want to see there, "we'll give you the tools to finish the job"?

Whatever... <_<

Good night.

He stays on his skates and clears the puck, that goal never happens.

I've seen him wipe out like that exactly at least three times this year. Each time it led to an opposition goal! He was trying to be slick and the ice told him in NO uncertain terms...I'm the only slick around here!

Seriously, what did you expect to see on that website?

You might not think so, but you're really sour. I'm sure it is in no small part because you are in the city that ousted your team.

Buck up li'l camper.

I wanted to add that for the most part we should be proud of the kind of game the Sabres bring to make the level of NHL the premier venue of hockey in the world in terms of aptitude and skill. We are on that path and the whole Sabres organization is on fire with enthusiasm to close the deal! To the rest of the players out in the hockey world: if you want senseless, mindless brute force needing disciplinary action from spineless, clueless administrators there are way too many franchises out there to pick from (I won't name names - they have the opportunity to mend their ways and play REAL hockey!) But , if you want a tradition of excellence that is so very close to dominating this game via aptitude and skill, from start to finish, look NO further than the Buffalo Sabres!!! Good Luck making the grade!

THANK YOU BUFFALO SABRES!!!

This goes beyond ridiculous. You need therapy.

Archived