Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

The best teams continue to get better. The Sabres should really consider becoming sellers at this point. Maybe start stock piling picks and prospects for those years Larry Quinn expects to win five Stanley Cups :doh:

5? Dammit, I didn't get that "Memo to the Fans". I was told they were still lookin for the 1st one in 40+ years. :wallbash:

Meanwhile WGR is quoting Regier saying it's too hard to make the right deal and that the Sabres have nothing in the works. Hopefully he's bluffing but probably not. :( I swear Darcy reminds me of Limp Dick Jauron.

PTR

PRICELESS :thumbsup:

Meanwhile WGR is quoting Regier saying it's too hard to make the right deal and that the Sabres have nothing in the works. Hopefully he's bluffing but probably not. :( I swear Darcy reminds me of Limp Dick Jauron.

PTR

Who would he be bluffing?

Regier is a good GM. He's just not a championship GM. He is the guy you want when starting a franchise. He's not the guy to win you a Stanley Cup. He is able to survive here because we have one paper and one sports talk station that happens to carry the Sabres. If he was in a larger media market with real pressure on him he would have been gone a long time ago. He is a organizer not a leader.

nothing earth shattering so far. I don't suppose we will do anything earth shattering either.

Does trading away Dominik Hasek and Brian Campbell and hardly getting anything in return count as earth shattering? IIRC, Kozlov wanted out of Buffalo as soon as he got here.

hate to say it but when I was watching the game last night, I didn't feel like it was Pens-Sabres but

Pens-Washington Generals...just not enough talent to play with the big boys -- a warm-up punching bag for a better team. No stars except the goalie. Do the Sabs become buyers and delude yourselves they have a chance in these playoffs, or take the opportunity to get rid of bad contracts and continue the endless rebuilding phase? Hamstrung.

Lindy just talking the company line.

Really?, you only want to make trades that will help the team? Some trades don't work out? No kidding - but is that why you shouldn't try? Nice excuse. I was hoping Howard Simon was going to start a question like: While your team was losing to Pittsburgh last night their GM was making a move to improve his team...

So.......about that face-off guy that we need...

Goose holding his hand that way didnt look good. This should change the dynamics of the deadline. Unfortunate if its serious, because now it almost becomes something that DR has to trade for much like 07 when instead of addressing grit and cup-battle worn vets, we got Zubrus to fill Gaustad's role.

As long as Gaustad can come back for the playoffs; this will allow Darcy another excuse why he didn't make a trade. We're getting back an asset in time for the playoffs which is like a trade or whatever he said last year with Connolly.

As long as Gaustad can come back for the playoffs; this will allow Darcy another excuse why he didn't make a trade. We're getting back an asset in time for the playoffs which is like a trade or whatever he said last year with Connolly.

Sabre spin at its best! :lol:

Barnaby (think it was Barnaby) just said "Being from Buffalo and watching them, they need to make a trade for scoring. They can't keep up with the rest of the East without it. They Must make a trade." Mentioned Stafford is trade bait. Don't know what kind of scoring we could get for Stafford.

From Bob McKenzie:

The first trade of day has come and gone -- Tim Horton's gave me a coffee instead of steeped tea at drive thru. Had to swap it. Done deal.

Sorry, that one was just too funny to pass up.

8 AM Lindy Ruff 9 AM Paul Hamilton 10 AM Brian Engblom 4 PM Rob Ray 6 PM Rick Jeanneret

Hamilton just said the Sabres don't have a top 6, but rather a top 5. :unsure:

Vanek, Roy, Connolly, Ponimville, Stafford, MacArthur

Who is he leaving out? Don't get me wrong, I would like to see at least half those guys not in the top six, but those guys are the Sabres scoring forwards.

Who is he leaving out? Don't get me wrong, I would like to see at least half those guys not in the top six, but those guys are the Sabres scoring forwards.

Easily, MacArthur. He said the team thinks Hecht is one of the top 6 which is why he said they only have a top 5. No one considers MacArthur a top 6 even if he is in the top 6 in scoring. He would have to be leading the team in scoring to be in the top 6.

Easily, MacArthur. He said the team thinks Hecht is one of the top 6 which is why he said they only have a top 5. No one considers MacArthur a top 6 even if he is in the top 6 in scoring. He would have to be leading the team in scoring to be in the top 6.

At this point, I see no difference between Stafford, Pominville, Vanek, or MacArthur. If anything Clarke stands out among them as he may be the only one playing to his potential.

:worthy:

Who is he leaving out? I was trying to figure out how was able to come up with five. Maybe someone needs to teach him how to count. He also said the Sabres have 8 NHL defensmen. Myers, Butler and Tallinder where are the other five?

Who is he leaving out? I was trying to figure out how was able to come up with five. Maybe someone needs to teach him how to count. He also said the Sabres have 8 NHL defensmen. Myers, Butler and Tallinder where are the other five?

While I agree the Sabres don't have a true NHL top 6, they do have 6 forwards that are counted on to score for this team. I would not be comfortable with any of them outside of Pominville on some sort of checking/defensive line.

As far as 8 NHL defenseman, I agree with your assesment (minus your feelings for Lydman) of their D, but unfortunately they have 8 guys that play defense (sort of) on their roster.

Maybe the trade deadline will resolve some of these issues. :rolleyes:

Nice job on Ottawa getting Sutton from the Isles. Gee, definitely not someone we need here (2nd most blocked shots in the entire NHL). That trade ALONE would have been enough for me.

Haven't you heard? Apparently Ruff tells his team not to block shots. That is what I am told when I bring up this teams unwillingness to self sacrifice.

While I agree the Sabres don't have a true NHL top 6, they do have 6 forwards that are counted on to score for this team. I would not be comfortable with any of them outside of Pominville on some sort of checking/defensive line.

As far as 8 NHL defenseman, I agree with your assesment (minus your feelings for Lydman) of their D, but unfortunately they have 8 guys that play defense (sort of) on their roster.

Maybe the trade deadline will resolve some of these issues. :rolleyes:

Yeah right from the horses mouth,

Sabres notebook: Regier doesn't see any deals to his liking

I'm not holding my breath, I do not understand why beyond the perfect deal scenario they just do not get that sometimes it's addition by subtraction and serves as a wake up call/kick in the pants to the other's on the team. IMO opinion this team needs more like a kick in the nut's.

Archived