Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

Yeah right from the horses mouth,

Sabres notebook: Regier doesn't see any deals to his liking

I'm not holding my breath, I do not understand why beyond the perfect deal scenario they just do not get that sometimes it's addition by subtraction and serves as a wake up call/kick in the pants to the other's on the team. IMO opinion this team needs more like a kick in the nut's.

Regier will complete some type of minor trade. Just like Trent Edwards completes that 1 yard pass to the running back on 3rd and 10. Regier is the NHL's version of 'Captain Checkdown'.

Regier will complete some type of minor trade. Just like Trent Edwards completes that 1 yard pass to the running back on 3rd and 10. Regier is the NHL's version of 'Captain Checkdown'.

Darcy is General GoodEnough.

Haven't you heard? Apparently Ruff tells his team not to block shots. That is what I am told when I bring up this teams unwillingness to self sacrifice.

But when they try to be tough they get hurt - like Gaustad yesterday, like Kaleta multiple times.

Do they have the same conditioning guys the Bills had? Is it something in the water in Buffalo?

Hamilton just said the Sabres don't have a top 6, but rather a top 5. :unsure:

Vanek, Roy, Connolly, Ponimville, Stafford, MacArthur

Who is he leaving out? Don't get me wrong, I would like to see at least half those guys not in the top six, but those guys are the Sabres scoring forwards.

It's funny, and I hate to open up old wounds, but when Drury and Briere were here it was widely felt that all of these guys were top 6 worthy (Clarke not yet b/c he wasn't up full time). THose 2 REALLY covered up a lot of deficiencies. I am sure this was part of the decision to let those two walk. Truth hurts.

Nice job on Ottawa getting Sutton from the Isles. Gee, definitely not someone we need here (2nd most blocked shots in the entire NHL). That trade ALONE would have been enough for me.

Not only did Ottawa make up a 10 point deficit in what seemed like no time, but they added Cullen and Sutton to their roster. Darcy's counter to this...?

As long as Gaustad can come back for the playoffs; this will allow Darcy another excuse why he didn't make a trade. We're getting back an asset in time for the playoffs which is like a trade or whatever he said last year with Connolly.

Did I hear right from Hamilton this morning that Goose had a broken hand BEFORE the game and didn't tell anyone?

Did I hear right from Hamilton this morning that Goose had a broken hand BEFORE the game and didn't tell anyone?

I think you heard him talking about Dominic Moore doing that last year, leading poor Darcy Regier to feel "burned" by the trade.

Can I post this? :)

From Bob McKenzie at TSN:

"Pending trade call with NHL, Pitt is sending Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula to Tor for Alex Ponikarovsky. No draft picks involved.

At deadline time, this passes as done deal. Other times of yr, not so much. Technically not official til trade call but let's call it done."

Skoula now moved to NJ per TSN.

I think you heard him talking about Dominic Moore doing that last year, leading poor Darcy Regier to feel "burned" by the trade.

That might have been it. But once again if you aren't going to make a trade because the player you pick up might get injured why and how are you still employed?

Archived